About the Company
The company was incorporated as “PNB Housing Finance Private Limited” on November 11, 1988, as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956, with a certificate of incorporation granted by the Registrar of Companies, National Capital Territory of Delhi and Haryana. Pursuant to the conversion of the company to a public limited company, its name was changed to “PNB Housing Finance Limited” and the RoC certified the change of name upon conversion to a public limited company on December 30, 1989. The company offers its customers “housing loans” for the purchase, construction, extension or improvement of residential properties. The company’s target customers for its housing loans are salaried customers, whose main source of income is salary from their employment, and self-employed customers, whose main source of income is their profession or their business. It also offers housing loans in the form of construction finance loans to real estate developers of residential housing.
The company conducts its operations through an operating model. The company’s branches act as the primary point of sale and assist with the origination of loans, various collection processes, sourcing deposits and enhancing customer service, while its processing hubs and zonal offices provide support functions, such as loan processing, credit appraisal and monitoring, and its CSO supervises its operations nationally. The company’s enterprise system solution (ESS) integrates all activities and functions within its organisation under a single technology and data platform, bringing efficiencies to its back-end processes and enabling it to focus its resources on delivering quality services to its customers. The company’s branches, processing hubs, zonal offices and CSO are supported by its centralised operations (COPS) and central processing centre (CPC), which provide centralised and standardised back-end and administrative activities, payments and processing for its business, relying in turn on its ESS.
Business area of the company
PNB Housing Finance is primarily engaged in the business of providing loans to individuals and corporate bodies for purchase, construction, repair and up-gradation of houses. It also provides loans for commercial space, loan against property and loan for purchase of residential plots.
Products and services
- Online Home Loan
- Home Loan
- Loan Against Property
- Fixed Deposit
- Credit Score Check
- Unnati Loan - Low Income Home Loan
- Plot Loan
- PNB HFL bagged another award, 3rd time in a row for “Outstanding contribution to Real Estate - November 19, 2013- PNB HFL awarded in the category of “Outstanding Contribution to Real Estate Sector for Growth in Home Loans” during the 5th Real Estate Awards organised by Franchise India.
- PNB HFL recognised for Best Change Management Intervention - July 02, 2013- PNB HFL Change Story has been awarded “Special Commendation Award” during Best Change Interventions of Asia Seminar & Awards - conferred by the “Learning & Organisational Development Roundtable”.
- PNB Housing in the Exclusive club of 12 best change managed companies - 2013- PNB HFL Change intervention story got featured in Bloomsbury India’s latest edition christened SWITCH.
- PNB HFL awarded for ‘Significant Contribution to Housing’ by HUDCO - PNB HFL has been awarded for its ‘Significant Contribution to Housing’ for the year 2013-14 on the occasion of 44th Annual Day Celebrations of HUDCO.
- PNB HFL awarded for Excellence in Talent Management -PNB HFL has been awarded the “National Award for Excellence in Talent Management 2014” during the event -Thomas Assessments National Award for Excellence in Talent Management.
- PNB HFL honoured on ‘Successful Completion of 25 years of Service’ - PNB HFL has been felicitated on ‘Successful Completion of 25 years of Service’ during the event ‘India’s Top PSUs - Transforming India, 2014’ organised by Dun & Bradstreet. The award was felicitated by former Finance Minister of India, Mr. Yashwant Sinha.
- PNB Housing awarded as the ‘Housing Finance Company of the Year’ at the 8th Annual Real Estate Summit and Awards hosted by Franchise India and ET Now. The felicitation recognizes the capabilities and dedication that PNB Housing has demonstrated through this journey of growth. This also lends immense credence to the core values that are followed and forms the foundation of the company.
- PNB Housing felicitated for ‘Outstanding Contribution to CSR’ by CREDAI - PNB Housing recognized for ‘Outstanding Contribution to CSR’ at the CREDAI Conclave 2015 applauding the various efforts of the company to benefit the society at large. The award was felicitated by hon’ble minister Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy to Mr. Sanjaya Gupta, MD, PNB Housing.
- PNB Housing’s Annual report wins bronze award at 20th Big Bang awards for excellence in communication and media- PNB Housing’s Annual report for financial year 2014-15 wins the bronze award in concept and creative category at the 20th Big Bang Awards for excellence in communication and media. The awards were competed by more than 1000 entries from various corporate houses and advertising agencies across India vying for Gold, Silver and Bronze awards across 58 categories.
- PNB HFL recognized by Microsoft for early adoption of Cloud Services in India - Microsoft has recognized PNB HFL as a pioneer for being the first public financial institution in India to adopt email and unified communication on cloud, which is office 365.
- PNB Housing once again bags the ‘Housing Finance Company of the Year’ award at the 9th Annual Estate Awards 2016 - The award was bestowed by Franchise India and ET Now and was received by Mr. Shaji Varghese, General Manager and Business Head, PNB Housing at a grand gala event organized in Delhi.
- PNB Housing was awarded ‘Certificate of Merit’ as ‘Housing Finance Company of the Year’ by CMO Asia at ABP News Presents Real Estate Awards. The award was conferred by CMO Asia reiterating the Company’s journey of excellence in providing its customers convenience and pleasant experience while fulfilling their dream of owning a home.
- PNB Housing Finance felicitated by International Finance Corporation (IFC) at 2016 International Sustainable Finance Forum. The award was received by Mr. Sanjaya Gupta, Managing Director, PNB Housing at the renowned 2016 International Sustainable Finance Forum in Bali. The Company was recognized for its contribution in promoting green buildings.
- PNB Housing featured among the ‘Best Adversity Management Stories of Asia Study 2016’- The award, instituted by Learning & Organizational Development Roundtable, was received by Mr. Anshul Bhargava, Chief People Officer, PNB Housing. During felicitation, Mr. Bhargava shed light on the best practices followed to build new capabilities by deploying collective genius through innovation, new thinking and by leveraging human potential.
- PNB Housing wins award for ‘Brand Excellence in the NBFC Category’ at The Economic Times Best BFSI Brands 2016. The award was received by Mr. Sanjaya Gupta, Managing Director, PNB Housing from Shri. Manish Sisodia, hob’ble Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi and Shri. Shaktikanta Das, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance at a grand event held in Delhi.
- Leading Housing Finance Company 2017- PNB Housing bagged another prestigious award in the category “Leading Housing Finance Company 2017” at National Awards for Best Housing Finance Companies organized by CMO Asia on 24th November, 2017 in Mumbai.
- Outdoor Advertising Awards 2017- PNB housing finance won bronze award at Outdoor Advertising Awards 2017, in the financial services category.
- PNB Housing’s IPO has been awarded “IPO of the Year” by Finance Monthly Magazine. PNB Housing’s IPO has been awarded “IPO of the Year” by Finance Monthly Magazine (M&A Award) a leading international business publication. This award is a testimony of investor confidence in Organisation and recognition of ‘Kshitij.
- PNB Housing conferred as winner at The Economic Times Innovation Tribe Awards 2018. Economic Times’s Innovation Tribe Summit and Awards presented winning trophy in BFSI category to PNB Housing for its innovative digital solution iBox. It is a blend of many fintech solutions that redefines the process of e-verification, providing 360 degree view of customer’s data.
- PNB Housing has been conferred the ‘Best Housing Finance Company of the Year’ at ET Now Rise with India - Banking, Financial Services and Insurance Awards.
- PNB Housing has been recognized as ‘Symbol of Excellence in the BFSI Sector’ at The Economic Times Best BFSI Brands 2018
- PNB Housing bags the award for ‘Housing Finance Company of the Year’ at the 10th Annual Estate Awards organized by Franchise India in association with ET Now
- PNB Housing Finance felicitated for ‘Excellence in Operations’ at the IDC India Insights Awards 2019
- PNB Housing recognised among the Best BFSI Brands 2019
- PNB Housing awarded for Best Customer Engagement Initiative of the Year- by a HFC and Best CSR Practice of the Year
- PNB Housing Finance Limited has been recognized in the category of Healthcare Project of the Year 2018-2019
- PNB Housing awarded for Excellence in Project Management 2019
- PNB Housing recognized as the Housing Finance Firm of the Year
- PNB Housing recognised as Best Brand of India 2019 by The Economic Times
- PNB Housing Finance bags Gold in ‘Home Loan Provider of the Year 2018’
- PNB Housing Annual Report wins Bronze at 58th Annual Awards Nite organised by ABCI
- PNB Housing wins Gold Award at Outlook Money Awards 2019
- PNB Housing wins Gold Award at the League of American Communications Professionals LLC (LACP) Vision Awards 2018-19
- 1988: Obtained the National Housing Bank (NHB) license for loans and deposits
- 1988: Commenced operations
- 1994: Crossed I 100 crore in loan portfolio
- 2003: Notified under SARFAESI (Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Interest) Act
- 2006: Crossed Rs1,000 crore in loan portfolio
- 2009: Destimoney Enterprises Limited (DEL) acquired 26% stake in the Company
- 2010: Launched business process re-engineering project, ‘Kshitij’
- 2011: New brand positioning with refurbished, elegant, convenient and secured offices
- 2011: Robust and scalable target operating model (TOM) implementation commenced
- 2012: Included in the MSCI Global Small Cap Index
- 2012: Certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the second year in a row
- 2012: Recognised as ‘Best BFSI Brand’ by Economic Times
- 2014: PAT crossed Rs 100 crore
- 2014: Portfolio crossed Rs 10,000 crore
- 2015: Implemented end-to-end Enterprise System Solution
- 2015: DEL acquired by Quality Investment Holdings (QIH) of the Carlyle Group
- 2016: Listed on Indian stock exchanges through IPO; raised Rs 3,000 crore
- 2016: AUM crossed Rs 25,000 crore
- 2016: Target operating model (TOM) fully implemented
- 2017: Crossed Rs 50,000 crore in AUM
- 2017: Crossed Rs 10,000 crore in deposits
- 2017: Certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ by building a ‘High Trust, High Performance Culture’
- 2017: Incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary, PHFL Home Loans and Services Limited
- 2018: Included in the MSCI Global Small Cap Index
- 2018: Certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the second year in a row
- 2018: Recognised as ‘Best BFSI Brand’ by Economic Times
- 2019: Carrying the Saksham ethos forward, the Pehel Foundation was incorporated as the dedicated CSR vehicle of the Company
- 2019: Crossed Rs 15,000 crore in deposits
- 2019: Opened a deposits-only branch in Fort, Mumbai
- 2020: Received ISO 27001:2013 certification, one of the highest security standards in India
- 2020: Became the first HFC to sign a funding of $75 million via external commercial borrowings from Japan International Corporation Agency (JICA)
|Parent Organization||PNB Housing Finance Ltd.||Managing Director||Girish Kousgi|