Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care Limited is a public company domiciled in India and is incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956. The Company is engaged in manufacturing and selling of branded packaged fast moving consumer goods in the femcare and healthcare businesses. The Company’s products are sold through retail operations including mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, department stores and high frequency stores.
The Company has its manufacturing locations at Goa and Baddi in Himachal Pradesh, apart from third party manufacturing locations spread across India. The registered office of the Company is located at P&G Plaza, Cardinal Gracias Road, Chakala, Andheri (E), Mumbai.
Earlier known as Richardson Hindustan (RHL), in 1964 company received Industrial License to undertake manufacture of Menthol and de-mentholised peppermint oil and VICKS range of products such as Vicks VapoRub, Vicks Cough Drops and Vicks Inhaler.
Later in the year 1967 RHL introduced CLEARASIL, back then America's number one pimple cream. In 1985 RHL became affiliate of The Procter & Gamble Company, USA.
In 1989 the name of the company was changed to Procter & Gamble India and launched sanitary napkin under the name Whisper bringing a sudden change in Indian feminine hygiene category.
In June 2002, Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care announced the launch of New Improved Vicks VapoRub - India’s Number One Cold Rub - that provides multi-symptom relief from the six symptoms of a child’s cold, namely - blocked nose, cough, body ache, headache, muscle-stiffness and breathing difficulty.
In July 2002, Procter & Gamble announced the launch of Vicks Action500+ Night tablets, a specially designed cold medicine that gives consumers multi-symptom relief from bothersome cold symptoms like headache and breathing difficulty, hence allowing restful sleep at night.
In October 2002, India’s number one cough and cold brand - Vicks - celebrated its 50th Year in India and launched Dual Golden Jubilee Offers to reward Indian consumers for 50 Years of trust and loyalty.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in manufacturing and selling of branded packaged fast moving consumer goods in the feminine care and healthcare businesses.
P&G products have made a name for themselves by combining “what’s needed” with “what’s possible”-making laundry rooms, living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, nurseries, and bathrooms a little more enjoyable for over 181 year.
- Baby Care: Pampers
- Fabric Care: Ariel and Tide
- Feminine Care: Whisper
- Grooming: Gillette
- Hair Care: Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences and Pantene
- Home Care: Ambi Pur
- Oral Care: Oral-B
- Personal Health Care: Vicks
- Skin and Personal Care: Olay and Old Spice
International Awards and Recognitions
- New Product Pacesetters by IRI, Market research company
- Most Innovative Companies by Forbes
- 26 Cannes Lions: In 2017, the company’s agency partners earned 26 Cannes Lions for their work on P&G campaigns that raised the bar on creativity, built the business - and in most cases, promoted something that mattered
- Winning Campaigns: Gillette Handle with Care Ariel Dads #Sharetheload SK-II Marriage Market Takeover Vicks Touch of Care
- World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune
- Most Reputable Companies (World & America) by Forbes
- Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity by Diversity Inc.
- Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global
Supply Chain Masters by Gartner, Global tech research company
- One of the Top Product Suppliers: Advantage Monitor measures retailer perceptions of manufacturers across 7 key performance areas: Business Relationship & Support, Personnel, Category Development, Consumer Marketing, Customer Marketing/Promotion, Supply Chain Management and Customer Service/Support
- Corporate Equality Index by Human Rights Campaign
Corporate Social Responsibility
- JUST 100: America’s Best Corporate Citizens by Forbes
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine
- Global Corporate Social Responsibility Silver Award for Product Excellence by Pinnacle Group
- Climate Leadership Award 2017: Organizational Leader For active leadership within the industry to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, and The Climate Registry
- 2016 Sustainability Award for Water by The American Forest & Paper Association
- Sustainability Index by Dow Jones
Local Awards and Recognitions
- Inclusive Service Provider of the Year - 2017 Disability-smart Awards, Business Disability Forum: P&G UK were awarded Inclusive Service Provider of the Year for the first audio-described tv ads ever seen in the UK
- 2017 Forward Ladies Awards: Two of the company’s female scientists from P&G’s Greater London Innovation Centre were nominated: Ali Stephens was shortlisted as a STEM category Leader and Ilaria Ambrogio was the London and South Regional Winner of the STEM Rising Star Awards
- Top 20 Best Places to Work in the UK: In 2018 P&G was recognised by Glassdoor as one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work in the UK
- 2018 Timewise Power Part Time Top 50: P&G UK employee, Helen Johnson, was recognised in the 2018 Timewise Power Part Time Top 50 Awards which celebrates the achievements of senior business leaders who work part-time and the business that enables them to do so
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Top 50 Companies for Customer ServiceL: The UK’s only independent and most prestigious Customer Service
- Grocer Gold Awards - Branded Supplier of the Year 2017: P&G UK were awarded for “excellent collaboration with its retail partners”
- North Tyneside Business Awards 2017 - Green Business and Sustainability Category Finalist: The company’s Cobalt, Newcastle office was recognised for their lift-share and cycle-to-work schemes
- In Kind Direct Special Recognition - Greatest Volume of Products Donated: P&G UK were awarded a special recognition as part of the charity’s 20 years of support celebrations
- Marie Curie - Special Recognition: P&G’s Cobalt [Newcastle] Community Impact Team were awarded a special recognition for their fundraising efforts throughout their partnership with the charity
- 2018 Edie.net Sustainability Leaders Awards - Sustainable Supply Chains: P&G was recognised, alongside TerraCycle and SUEZ, jointly for its Sustainable Supply Chains