About the Company
Orient Electric Limited (OEL) is part of the diversified Indian conglomerate CK Birla Group. A distinguished name in the Indian fan industry for more than 60 years, OEL has today established itself in the market as a one-stop brand for lifestyle electrical solutions which include Fans, Lighting, Home Appliances and Switchgears.
Business area of the company
The Company is primarily engaged in manufacture/purchase and sale of Electrical Consumer Durables, Lighting & Switchgear products.
• Home appliances
- At the Global Brand Excellence Awards hosted by World Brand Congress in Singapore on July 31, 2014, Orient Electric bagged the 'Brand Revitalisation Award 2014' for its innovative 360-degree integrated brand campaign on TV, print, outdoor, digital and social media.
- The company's integrated campaign 'The next generation is smarter' bagged the Bronze award at the EFFIE 2014, which took place in Mumbai. The company used various mediums to launch the distinctive campaign including TV, press, outdoor and social media.
- Orient Electric scooped the Safety Champion award for the outstanding achievements in safety management at its Faridabad plant during the 14th annual Greentech Safety Awards ceremony.
- Orient Electric bagged the prestigious 'Make in India Awards for Excellence – 2015' in the Consumer Electricals Products category at an event held on August 18, 2015 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar in Gujarat in presence of Hon'ble Minister, MSME, Ministers from State & Central Government and well-known industrialists.
- Orient Electric received the Superbrands status for fans in the year 2015 and was rated amongst the leading 20 percent brands in India across all categories. The poll, which surveyed 17,000 consumers and marketing experts, was conducted by Superbrands India.
- At a grand event held on February 06, 2016 at Radisson Blu, New Delhi, Orient Electric received the prestigious 'Global Quality Award' for 'Quality ENERGY-EFFICIENT Lighting Products Manufacturer of the Year'. The Global Quality Awards recognize the doers and pioneers across manufacturing sector in India.
- Orient Electric has been awarded the prestigious ‘Business Superbrand’ status for 2016 by leading independent brand arbiter Superbrands India. Orient Electric emerged as a leader in its segment after an intense evaluation process and ranked amongst 20% of all brands across categories in India.
- Orient Electric's Lighting division bagged the 'National Energy and Conservation Awards 2016' for its outstanding energy conservation efforts in TFL category. The prestigious award instituted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) identifies and recognizes prominent achievements in energy conservation.
- Orient Electric has been awarded the status of being one of the 'Asia's Greatest Brands 2016' by URS Media Consulting P. L. and AsiaOne. The illustrious award recognizes the most eminent brands and leaders for achieving excellence in their respective industries.
- Amity HR Excellence Award 2017
- Orient Electric’s Fans business has been conferred with the Superbrand status for 2017 by leading independent brand arbiter Superbrands India. It emerged as a powerful entity in its category after a thorough evaluation process by eminent professionals in marketing and advertising. Orient Fans has retained the prestigious status for the second time after getting it earlier for the year 2014-15.
- Orient Electric has been conferred with the “Best Employer Brand Award” at the Delhi Leadership Awards held in December 2017 at New Delhi. The awards hosted by Employer Branding Institute, World HRD Congress and Stars of the Industry Group recognise organisations which are exemplary in HR practices and use marketing communications effectively in attracting talent, retaining talent, developing talent and in retention policy.
- Orient Electric was conferred with “The Economic Times Promising Brand 2018” award at a mega event held on 23rd March 2018 in Mumbai. Orient emerged as one of the most promising brands of 2018 after an intensive evaluation process wherein the brands were rated on the parameters of Innovation, Consumer Satisfaction, Consistency in Consumer Experience, Brands Awareness and Value Proposition.
- Orient Electric Limited bagged the globally acclaimed Golden Peacock Occupational Health & Safety Award (GPOHSA) for the year 2018 at a mega awards ceremony held on 6th July 2018 at New Delhi. This recognition serves as a testimony to Orient Electric’s unwavering commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all its stakeholders.
- Orient Electric Limited was conferred with the prestigious “Best Innovative Brand 2018” award at the “ASSOCHAM Brand Science and Excellence Awards” held at Kolkata, West Bengal on 24th August 2018. Orient Electric bagged the award in product innovation category for its revolutionary Aero Series range of aerodynamically designed silent fans.
- Orient Electric Limited bagged the TAVF 2018 Best Brand Campaign of the Year award for its integrated communication on LED battens with the campaign line ‘No Choke, No Starter and No Flicker - switch to Orient LED battens’. Promulgating the potential of integrated marketing communication, The Activation Venues Forum (TAVF) awards recognise brands, venues and solution providers in distinct categories across channels.
- Orient Electric Limited was conferred with “The Economic Times Best Brand 2019” award for air coolers at a mega event held on 29th March 2019 in Mumbai. Orient emerged as a leader in the segment as per the consumer survey conducted jointly by The Economic Times and Nielsen.
- Orient Electric has received the illustrious consumer validated “Superbrand 2019” status for fans and air coolers. It emerged as a powerful entity in both the categories after a thorough evaluation process by eminent professionals in marketing and advertising. Also, it ranked amongst the top 5% and 10% of all brands across categories in India for fans and air coolers respectively.
- Orient Electric has been awarded the status of being one of the 'Asia's Most Promising Brands 2019' by WCRC International in association with iBrands 360 and White Page International.
- Orient Electric Limited was conferred with the ‘India Content Leadership 2019’ award for delivering ‘Best Content in a 360-degree Marketing Campaign’ for Orient EyeLuv series LED lights with Flicker Control Technology.
- Orient Electric was conferred with “The Economic Times Best Brand 2020” award at a virtual awards ceremony held on September 30, 2020. The ET Best Brands 2020 celebrates the most eminent Indian brands and their exceptional growth stories.
- 1939: Orient Electric Limited, formerly a division of Orient Paper and Industries Limited (OPIL), was incorporated as Orient Paper Mills Ltd. in 1939. The CK Birla Group started Orient Paper with just one paper machine at Brajrajnagar in Orissa, India.
- 1954: Orient Fans, the erstwhile Calcutta Electrical Manufacturing Company, became a part of the CK Birla Group in 1954 and was subsequently rechristened Orient Electric in 2014.
- 1990: Orient Electric developed and patented the revolutionary PSPO (Peak Speed Performance Output) technology in early 90's which changed the industry outlook altogether. In order to improve production, meet the ever-changing needs of the customers, and establish itself as a global market leader, Orient Electric also equipped its manufacturing plants at Faridabad in Haryana and Kolkata in the state of West Bengal with state of the art machinery and technology.
- 2008: Leveraging its strong brand identity developed over the years, Orient Electric forayed into a new range of electrical products. It started trading of CFLs (compact fluorescent) and FTLs (fluorescent tube) in the year 2007. In 2008, the company set up an advanced manufacturing unit at Faridabad in the state of Haryana dedicated to manufacturing of CFLs and FTLs. It later ventured into LED lighting solutions in 2014 and as of today, it is one of the leading lighting companies in India with a diverse LED-centric portfolio.
- 2011: Orient Electric ventured into the home appliances market in 2011 with a wide range of products including Air Coolers, Water Heaters, Juicer Mixer Grinders, Mixer Grinders, Toasters, Electric Kettles, Coolers, Induction Cookers, Rice Cookers and Electric Irons. Orient Electric's Home Appliances division today enjoys a pan India presence with a strong distribution network.
- 2014: The company changed its brand name and identity from 'Orient Electricals' to 'Orient Electric' and consolidated its business verticals of Fans, Lighting and Home Appliances. The brand revamp was done with an aim to establish the company's identity as a one-stop home solutions provider with the next generation customers who make informed buying decisions. As part of the brand repositioning plan, the company also launched a new unified communications campaign 'Switch to smart' and its new logo in the vibrant colour 'orange'. The year also marked the launch of BLDC fans and Orient Electric's entry into LED lighting solutions.
- 2015: Continuing with its efforts to position itself as one-stop solution provider of lifestyle electrical solutions, Orient Electric forayed into the Switchgear market. Orient Electric’s smart range of energy-efficient LV Switchgear products includes MCB (Miniature Circuit Breakers), RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breakers), Isolators and Distribution Boards. The company manufactures the Switchgear range at its state of the art manufacturing facility located at Noida in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- 2016: Receives BEE star rating for LED lamps
- 2017: Orient Electric gets demerged from Orient Paper & Industries Limited (OPIL) into a separate listed entity, Orient Electric Limited (OEL). The Scheme of demerger was approved by the Kolkata Bench of the National Company Law Tribunal on November 9, 2017.
- 2018: On 14th May 2018, Orient Electric Limited got listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- 2019: Launched India’s First Smart Ceiling Fan
- 2020: Orient Electric makes its way into the list of 2020 Fortune India 500 - India’s Largest Corporations. The recognition validates the robustness of company’s business model and is reflective of its ambitious growth journey as a standalone company.
|Parent Organisation||Orient Electric Ltd.||Managing Director||Rakesh Khanna|