Cement & Construction Materials
|Market Cap||5,063 Cr||EPS||7.6||High||260.6|
|Stock P/E||32.3||Net Profit Margin||3.4||Low||243.7|
|Market Cap||5,063 Cr||ROE||7.9%|
|P/B Ratio||3.1||Dividend Yield||0.6%|
|Industry P/E||44.2||Book Value||80.3|
About the Company
Established in 1979, Orient Cement was formerly, a part of Orient Paper & Industries. It was demerged in the year 2012 and since then, it has emerged as one of the fastest growing and leading cement manufacturers in India. Orient Cement began cement production in the year 1982 at Devapur in Adilabad District, Telangana. In 1997, a split-grinding unit was added at Nashirabad in Jalgaon, Maharashtra. In 2015, Orient Cement started commercial production at its integrated cement plant located at Chittapur, Gulbarga, Karnataka. The product mix includes Pozzolana Portland Cement (PPC) & Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) marketed under the brand name of Birla.A1 – Birla.A1 Premium Cement and Birla.A1 StrongCrete.
Business area of the company
The Company is primarily engaged in the manufacture and sale of Cement and its manufacturing facilities at present are located at Devapur in Telangana, Chittapur in Karnataka and Jalgaon in Maharashtra.
Birla.A1 StrongCrete: Birla.A1 StrongCrete is a specially engineered cement for concrete applications such as foundation, beams, columns and slabs.
Birla .A1 Premium Cement: Birla .A1 Premium Cement is manufactured by the inter-grinding of clinker, gypsum and very fine-grained highly reactive fly ash. Its biggest advantage is uniform particle size distribution which gives greater strength, and helps achieve higher density with lower porosity in concrete made from it, leading to increased durability.
Birla .A1 Premium Cement: OPC 53 Grade: One of the pioneers of 53-Grade Cement in India, Orient Cement opened up a whole new dimension in building construction with the launch of Orient Gold 53-Grade Cement in 1992.
Birla .A1 Premium Cement: OPC 43 Grade: Originally named Orient 43 Grade Cement, it was amongst the earliest successes of Orient Cement paving the way for the others to follow.
- ‘Best Organisation Gold Award 2012’ from the Rajiv Gandhi Memorial National Awards
- ‘11th Annual Greentech Safety Award 2012’ in silver category in the cement sector
- Award for ‘TPM Excellence Category-A’ for the clinker grinding unit in Jalgaon
- ‘Golden Peacock Occupational Health and Safety Award - 2013’ in the cement sector
- ‘12th Annual Greentech Safety Award - 2013’ Silver category in the cement sector
- ‘Greentech Environment Gold Award 2013’
- Greentech Safety Award - 2014 Silver Category in Cement Sector
- Mines Safety Awards - 2014
- Highest tax paid award in Jalgaon
- Best Safe Poject Site Award from Directorate of Factories & Boilors, Gulbarga Region.
- Best Management Award from Telangana Government.
- National Energy Management Award - 2014 from Society of Energy Engineers and Managers.
- “Golden Peacock Environment Management Award” 2015.
- Greentech Environment Award-2015 in GOLD category.
- National Energy Management Gold Award from SEEM
- National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2016 from CII
- Best Management Award, issued by Labour Department, Govt. of Telangana on May Day 2017
- National Energy Management Gold Award from Society of Energy Engineers & Energy Managers (SEEM) -2016
- National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2017 from CII
- SEEM National Energy Management Gold Award - 2017 received from Society of Energy Engineers & Managers (SEEM) at New Delhi.
- Apex India Excellence Award 2017 in the Category of “Platinum” for Environment, “Gold” for Safety and “Gold” for Energy Efficiency received on May 29, 2018 at New Delhi.
- Telangana Best Employer Brand Award 2018 on November 16, 2018.
- Gold Award received from APEX for “Occupation Health and Safety 2018”
- Birla.A1 Premium Cement (PPC) awarded with the ‘GreenPro Certification’ by CII - Green Products and Services Council at the 15th Green CemenTech – 2019 held in Hyderabad.
- “EXCELLENCE IN ENERGY MANAGEMENT 2019” award as Energy Efficiency Unit by CII received at Hyderabad.
- Unnatha Suraksha Puraskara from National Safety Council, Karnataka Chapter.
- Apex India Environment Excellence Gold Award
|Parent Organization||Orient Cement Ltd.||Managing Director||Desh Deepak Khetrapal|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|