|Market Cap||3,293 Cr||EPS||93.0||High||2230|
|Stock P/E||23.7||Net Profit Margin||2.9||Low||2195.05|
|Market Cap||3,293 Cr||ROE||14.4%|
|P/B Ratio||2.5||Dividend Yield||0.9%|
|Industry P/E||58.8||Book Value||899.7|
About the Company
Nilkamal was launched under the able leadership of first-generation entrepreneurs Vamanrai Parekh (CHAIRMAN of Nilkamal) and Sharad Parekh (Managing Director of Nilkamal). Ever since, Nilkamal has gradually ventured into a multiplicity of businesses that pan across Material Handling Solutions, Ready Furniture, @Home - the brand’s lifestyle home solutions retail chain, Nilkamal Mattrezzz, and Bubbleguard - a material protection solution. Nilkamal is also listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange since 1991.
Business area of company
Brand Nilkamal has become a household name owing to its quality and reach of moulded furniture business across the deepest pockets of the country. Nilkamal has to its credit, of being the world’s largest producer of moulded plastic furniture giving it an edge over competition.
- Nilkamal Furniture
- Nilkamal Mattrezzz
- @ Home
- Nilkamal Bubbleguard
- Material Handling
- Company was awarded with ‘Silver Certificate of Merit Award’ by the Economic Times “Indian Manufacturing Excellence Award” in partnership with Frost and Sullivan for its Puducherry Unit for FY 2013.
- Company was awarded with ‘Silver Certificate of Merit Award’ by the Economic Times “Indian Manufacturing Excellence Award” in partnership with Frost & Sullivan for its Jammu Unit.
- The Company was similarly awarded in past for its Puducherry Unit and Gold Certificate of merit with trophy for Sinnar Unit.
- After receiving the Silver Certificate of Merit and Gold Award under the Indian Manufacturing Excellence category from ‘Frost and Sullivans’ during the past four years for its various units, the Company is successful in grabbing the award for the fifth year in row under the category of “Challengers Award - Emerging Business Trophy - Gold Level” announced by the ‘Frost and Sullivan’s Green Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2015’. The said award is for adopting Green manufacturing practices at its Puducherry unit.
- The Puducherry unit has also bagged the “First Prize in the Plastics Sector” at the National Energy Conservation Award – 2014, announced by the Ministry of Power, Government of India, for the conservation of Energy.
- Company constantly strives towards reducing carbon foot prints, energy conservation and preserving the environment by adopting right practices for saving the scarce resources. In recognition of the same, all the Company’s units have been awarded the ISO 50001:2011 EnMS Certifications form TUV-SUD Germany.
- Further, with its drive to obtain Quality Management and Energy Efficiency, Company has achieved the First prize under the National Award for Energy Conservation from BEE-Government of India for its Hosur Unit.
- Furthermore, the Company has also received Sustainability 4.0 Believer’s certificate from “Frost and Sullivans” for its Vasona Plant, which certifies that the Company’s business is sustainable.
- The Company’s Puducherry unit has been awarded the “Energy Efficient Plant” from The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) during the 17th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2016. The said award is in recognition of the energy efficient practices adopted by the Company.
- Further, continuing the Company’s record of adopting the right practices for optimising the use of resources and energy conservation, this year too Company has bagged the First prize at the National Energy Conservation Award for Plastics Sector 2016 from BEE-Government of India for its Sinnar unit. This is the third consecutive year where the said award has been conferred to the Company.
- The Company’s Sinnar unit was awarded the “Energy Efficient Plant” by The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at its 18th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2017.
- The Company has obtained Environment Management Systems certifications ISO 14001:2004 from TUV-SUD Germany, for all its plants which shows the Company’s commitment and responsibilities towards environmental protection.
- The Company’s Sinnar unit was awarded the “Energy Efficient Plant” by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at its 19th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2018.
- The Company has also received India Manufacturing Excellence Award issued from “Frost and Sullivans” for its Silvassa Plant, which certifies the enhanced Manufacturing and supply chain Excellence.
- The Company was awarded the “Asia's most trusted brand Awards 2019” by IBC Info Media Pvt. Ltd, a division of International Brand Consulting Corporation, USA for its furniture business.
- The Company Puducherry unit was awarded with the “GreenCo Silver,2019” by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII ) – Shorabji Godrej Green Business Centre in recognition of Company's efforts towards adoption of “Green Practices” and being environment friendly which leads to proper management and control of product, process and Systems w.r.t to Conservation of Natural Resources.
- The Company has also received “India Manufacturing Excellence Award 2019” issued by Frost and Sullivans for its Hosur Unit, which certifies the enhanced Manufacturing and supply chain Excellence.
- 1934: Vrajlal Parekh starts manufacturing metal buttons in a one-machine factory shed measuring 2000 sq. ft.
- 1950: Vrajlal Parekh’s company buys Windsor machines to start plastics processing - calls company 'National Plastics'
- 1956: First plastic cut glass modelled on a popular tea glass is made. Becomes instant success
- 1964: National Plastics full-fledged into household items
- 1970: National Plastics starts a factory at Powai (Mumbai) to boost manufacture of household items
- 1981: Nilkamal Plastics is an independent venture run by brothers Vaman & Sharad Parekh
- 1984: Nilkamal starts the manufacture of crates
- 1990: Nilkamal starts the manufacture of moulded furniture
- 1991: Nilkamal starts a plant in western part of India at Sinnar (Maharashtra). Nilkamal goes public.
- 1994: Nilkamal becomes official supplier of crates to Coca-Cola & Pepsi
- 1997: Marks the opening of Nilkamal’s several plants north India -- Noida (Uttar Pradesh), south India- Pondicherry (Union Territory), west India- Kharadapada- Silvassa (Union Territory of D & N H)
- 1999: Nilkamal launches one more plant in west India- Vasona -Silvassa (Union Territory of D & N H)
- 2001: Nilkamal achieves IS0 9001:2000 certification by TUV-Germany for all of its plants
- 2002: Nilkamal launches its plant and a joint venture subsidiary company in Bangladesh - 'Nilkamal Padma Plastics'
- 2005: Nilkamal inaugurates 'at home' -- the complete home solutions store with contemporary readymade knockdown wooden furniture and home accents
- 2006: Nilkamal enters into a joint venture with BITO Lagertechnik Bittmann Gmbh, Germany to manufacture storage systems in metal in India.
- 2012: Nilkamal Limited, world’s largest manufacturer of moulded furniture and Asia’s largest plastic processor of moulded products, organized a three day fare in the city last week to create awareness in market about using hygienic containers for storing food.
- 2018: Nilkamal Material Handling efficaciously participated in India’s biggest poultry event, Paschim Banga Poultry Mela 2018 organised in Kolkata
- 2020: Nilkamal launches quarantine beds, other special products to support healthcare infra
|Parent Organization||Nilkamal Ltd.||Managing Director||Hiten V Parekh|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|