About the Company
Network18 Media and Investments Ltd is one of the largest media conglomerates with diversified but synergistic interests in Television with its bouquet of fifty channels in India and thirteen international channels, besides filmed entertainment, digital content, magazines, digital commerce and allied businesses. Network18 is promoted by Independent Media Trust of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.
‘TV18 Broadcast Limited’, a subsidiary of Network18, manages its primary business of broadcasting. It runs the largest news network in India, spanning business news (4 channels with market leadership), general news (1 each in English and Hindi), and regional news (14 channels across India, including joint venture News18-Lokmat). Marquee brands that are a part of this news bouquet are CNBC-TV18, CNBC Awaaz, and CNNNews18. For the Indian diaspora and others across the globe, News18 international delivers definitive Indian news.
TV18’s entertainment subsidiary, Viacom18 (a joint venture with Viacom CBS Inc.), operates an array of entertainment channels. The entertainment portfolio comprises Hindi and regional general entertainment channels, English entertainment, movies, youth and musical entertainment, and kids’ entertainment channels. This includes leading properties such as Colors, MTV, and Nickelodeon. Besides this, through Viacom18 Motion Pictures, the Group has a presence in the movies business too. TV18’s infotainment subsidiary, AETN18 (a joint venture with A+E Networks), operates factual entertainment channel History TV18.
In the publishing business, Network18 is present through consumer magazines and their digital footprints – Forbes India, Overdrive, and Better Photography.
The Network18 Group also houses digital content and digital-commerce businesses. The content business spans websites and mobile applications, covering news, opinion and entertainment. This includes media platforms such as Moneycontrol, News18.com, CNBCTV18.com, and Firstpost. Viacom18 also operates VOOT, an OTT (Over the Top) distribution platform offering Video On-Demand.
Network18 is the largest shareholder in BookMyShow, the leading online entertainment ticketing platform in India. It services in hundreds of cities and thousands of screens and manages ticketing as well as live event production.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in activities spanning across Digital Content, Print and Allied Businesses
- Motion Pictures
- 1996: incorporated as private limited company on February 16, 1996.
- 2006: name change from SGA Finance and management Services Private Limited to Network18 Fincap Private Limited in April 2006. Converted into public limited company in November 2006.
- 2007: Listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and national Stock Exchange in February 2007. Name changed from Network18 Fincap Limited to Network 18 Media & Investments Limited in December 2007.
- 2014: Ownership transferred to Independent Media Trust (IMT), of which Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is the sole beneficiary, in July 2014.
- 2021: Joined hands with the NGO, Give India, to support another NGO, ‘Goonj’ in distributing masks/sanitisers and providing relief to Covid-19 impacted families.
- 2021: Initiated crowd-funding through leading channels like Colors, MTV and MTV Beats, social media posts and network celebrity bytes.
|Parent Organization||Network 18 Media & Investments Ltd.||Managing Director||Rahul Joshi|