About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Navkar Corporation Limited’ on September 29, 2008 as a public limited company under Part IX of the Companies Act, 1956 (“Companies Act 1956”), with the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai (the “RoC”). The company is promoted by Shantilal Jayavantraj Mehta and Nemichand Jayavantraj Mehta who have several years of experience in the container freight business and have established business relationships with shipping lines, logistical service providers and customs house agents.
The company is a Container freight stations (CFSs) operator in India with three CFSs, Ajivali CFS I, Ajivali CFS II at Ajivali and Somathane CFS at Somathane, which are strategically located in Panvel, Maharashtra, in close proximity to the JN Port, the largest container port in India. The company has a private railway freight terminal (PFT) which allows it to load and unload cargo from container trains operating between its Somathane CFS and the JN Port and to transport domestic cargo to and from inland destinations on the Indian rail network.
The company can handle cargo at controlled temperatures at its temperature controlled chamber and through its 92 Reefer plug points at its CFSs. The company is also certified to handle hazardous cargo at its Ajivali CFS II and its Somathane CFS. It provides cargo storage facilities at its CFSs which include a buffer yard and warehouses for the storage of cargo. The company also offers services such as packing, labelling/bar-coding, palletizing, fumigation and other related activities at its warehouses and it customize its offerings for its customers. The company’s warehouses are spread over an aggregate area of 500,000 sq. ft., which includes a bonded warehouse of 60,782 sq. ft. and an area of 118,000 sq. ft. designated for the consolidation of less than container load (LCL) containers. The company’s CFSs also have a customs facility for the examination and clearing of cargo and its Somathane CFS has a unit for the inspection and approval of agricultural cargo set up by the plant and quarantine authorities of the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. The company also provides services for the repair and maintenance of containers and the storage of empty containers at its CFSs.
The company works with shipping lines, logistical service providers and customs house agents, importers and exporters. The leading shipping lines and customs house agents that it work with include, United Arab Shipping Agency Company (India), NYK Line (India), Hyundai Merchant Marine India, Evergreen Shipping Agency (India) and S Ramdas Pragji Forwarders. CFSs and inland container depots (ICDs) are set up for the purposes of in-transit container handling, stuffing, de-stuffing, including temporary storage and the examination and assessment of export and import (“EXIM”) cargo and are an integral part of the logistics chain in relation to the transportation of containerized cargo. A CFS is an off-dock facility located near gateway ports which helps in decongesting the port by shifting cargo and customs related activities outside port areas, while an ICD is located in the hinterland away from gateway ports acting as a hub for container cargo from different ports and used for the same functional purposes as a CFS.
Awards, Certificates and Recognitions
- 2011: Awarded ‘Emerging Container Freight Station of the Year (Specific)’ for Nhava Sheva by the 2nd All India Maritime and Logistics Awards, 2011
- 2012: Awarded ‘Fastest Growing Container Freight Station Operator of the Year (Specific)’ for Nhava Sheva by the 3rd All India Maritime and Logistics Awards, 2012
- 2013: Awarded ‘Container Freight Station Operator of the Year (Specific)’ for Nhava Sheva by the 4th All India Maritime and Logistics Awards, 2013
- 2013: Received a certificate of merit from the World Customs Organization for rendering exceptional service to the international Customs community
- 2014: Awarded ‘Container Freight Station of the Year’ at the Gateway Awards, 2014 Awarded ‘Container Freight Station Operator of the Year (Specific)’ for Nhava Sheva by the 5th
- 2014: All India Maritime and Logistics Awards, 2014
- 2015: Received the ICC Supply Chain Excellence Award 2015 in the category of ‘CFS Management’ from the Indian Chamber of Commerce
- 2008: Incorporation of the company under Part IX of the Companies Act, 1956 Preeti Logistics Limited obtained notification for appointing certain premises within Ajivali CFS II as a public bonded warehouse
- 2009: Establishment of the CFS at Somathane
- 2010: Amalgamation of Preeti Logistics Limited with the company pursuant to a Scheme of Amalgamation pursuant to which the company started operations at Ajivali CFS I and Ajivali CFS II and its installed handling capacity increased from 220,000 TEUs per annum to 310,000 TEUs per annum
- 2010: Obtained notification for appointing certain premises within the Somathane CFS as a public bonded warehouse
- 2011: Approval for opening private siding at Somathane station as an Independent Booking Point for handling of container traffic
- 2012: Commercial notification of the private siding at Somathane as a brownfield private freight terminal
- 2014: Obtained approvals for handling, receiving, storing and dispatching hazardous cargo for import and export at Ajivali CFS II and Somathane CFS
- 2014: Discontinued business of sale of agro products with effect from April 1, 2014
- 2015: Scheme of Amalgamation of the erstwhile Navkar Terminals Limited with Harvard Credit Rating Agency Private Limited (presently known as Navkar Terminals Limited) sanctioned by the High Court of Bombay and the name of Harvard Credit Rating Agency Private Limited changed to Navkar Terminals Limited
- 2015:Approval for setting up the ICD by NTL at Umergaon, Valsad district (near Vapi), Gujarat from the Department of Commerce
|Parent Organization||Navkar Corporation Ltd.||Managing Director||Shantilal Jayavantraj Mehta|