About the Company
Metropolis Healthcare Limited is one of leading and renowned Indian diagnostics companies. The company owns a chain of diagnostic ce9ntres across India, South Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Over the years, Metropolis has carved a niche for itself. The company enjoys a loyal customer base, reflecting its strength as a brand offering superior diagnostic tests and services.
With its widespread operational network, Metropolis offers a comprehensive range of clinical laboratory tests and profiles. These tests and profiles are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease. Metropolis plays a pivotal role in raising the bar of diagnostic accuracy, technological equipment, customer experience and research-driven empathetic service in the industry.
Business area of the company
Metropolis Healthcare is engaged in the business of providing pathology and related healthcare services. The profile comprises of a variety of test combinations which are specific to a disease or disorder as well as wellness profiles that are used for health and fitness screening. It classifies its tests into ‘routine’ tests such as blood chemistry analyses, blood cell counts and urine examination; ‘semi-specialized’ tests such as thyroid function tests, viral and bacterial cultures, histology, cytology and infectious disease tests; and ‘specialized’ tests such as tests for coagulation studies, autoimmunity tests, cytogenetics and molecular diagnostics. It is focused on providing reliable test results as well as value-added services such as home collection of specimens and online access to test reports. It also offers customized wellness packages to its institutional customers as per their requirement.
- Pathology Testing Services
- Corporate Wellness
- Lab in Hospitals
- Clinical Research Services
- The Global Reference Laboratory of Metropolis holds accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP) since 2005 which is the gold standard in accreditations in industry, globally.
- Metropolis Healthcare was awarded Iconic Pathology Lab Award by Mid-Day Health & Wellness Awards in September 2018
- Metropolis received the ‘Best Diagnostic Laboratory’ in India award at the Women’s Health Conference 2019
- Metropolis was awarded special jury mention for “Service Excellence (Diagnostic Centre)” by FICCI at the Healthcare Excellence Awards 2018
- Metropolis Healthcare won the Best Temperature Controlled Project of the year at the Cold Chain Summit Awards held in Mumbai, 2018
- Metropolis Healthcare honored for Excellence in Customer Service & Delivery at the Home Healthcare Summit & Awards 2018
- Company was awarded for “Best in Health and Fitness” in the Digital Campaign Awards by LH Insights 2018.
- Accorded as the Most Admired Healthcare Company of The Year - February 2020
- Won the award for Best It Practices at the Data Center Summit 2019 - October 2019
- Awarded as the Best Patient Experience Team Of The Year Award at PEXA Awards 2019, in Delhi - December 2019
- Won the Healthcare Leadership Award, at the Uttar Pradesh Healthcare Leadership Awards 2019 held at Lucknow - October 2019
- Bagged Excellence In Logistics award at the CII SCALE Awards 2019 - Supply Chain & Logistics Excellence Awards organised by Confederation of Indian Industries - December 2019
- Awarded the Best It Enabled Pathology Chain Award during the 4th Digital Innovation Health Summit and CIO Awards at Kolkata
- Won a special mention as the Best Performance-Driven Digital Campaign Award at the InkSpell Drivers of Digital Awards 2019 - December 2019
- Conferred the Best Logistics Network Optimization & Best Use Of Technology In Logistics awards announced at the 5th Asian Supply Chain Thought Leadership Summit & Awards in Mumbai - November 2019
Major Events & Milestones
- 2002: First major acquisition by company of Sudharma.
- 2004: The company was accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (Department of Science & Technology, India).
- 2005: The company received accreditation from The College of American Pathologists.
- 2006: Investment by The Western India Trustee and Executor company in company.
- 2006: Acquisition of Lister Laboratory and Research Centre Private Limited in Chennai.
- 2007: Acquisition of Desai Clinical Laboratory in Surat.
- 2008: Acquisition of R.V Diagnostics & Healthcare Center Private Limited in Bangalore.
- 2010: Investment by Foxcreek Investment Limited in company.
- 2012: Acquisition of Micron Laboratories in Mumbai.
- 2012: Incorporation of subsidiary in Mauritius.
- 2013: Establishment of GRL in Mumbai.
- 2014: Acquisition of subsidiary in Ghana.
- 2015: Investment by CA Lotus Investments in company.
- 2015: Incorporation of subsidiary in Uganda.
- 2015: Incorporation of branch office in Zambia.
- 2017: Acquisition of Sanjeevani Pathology Laboratory in Rajkot.
- 2018: 2018 Public-Private partnership agreement executed with National AIDS Control Organisation, Government of India.
- 2018: Scheme of Amalgamation 2018.
- 2018: Incorporation of subsidiary in Tanzania.
- 2020: Metropolis Healthcare executes pact to acquire 51% stake in Shraddha Diagnostic Centre
|Parent Organisation||Metropolis Healthcare Ltd.||Managing Director||Ameera Sushil Shah|