Hospital & Healthcare Services
|Market Cap||16,966 Cr||EPS||35.1||High||2058|
|Stock P/E||58.0||Net Profit Margin||11.6||Low||2014.55|
|Market Cap||16,966 Cr||ROE||26.4%|
|P/B Ratio||10.0||Dividend Yield||0.6%|
|Industry P/E||76.4||Book Value||202.6|
About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Dr. Lal PathLabs Private Limited’, a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956, with a certificate of incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies, National Capital Territory of Delhi and Haryana (RoC) on February 14, 1995 at Delhi. Subsequently, the name of the company was changed to ‘Dr. Lal PathLabs Limited’ upon conversion of the company into a public limited company pursuant to a special resolution of the shareholders of the company dated August 7, 2015 and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the RoC on August 19, 2015. There has been no change in the registered office of the company since incorporation of the company.
The company focuses on providing patients quality diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services. The company’s focus on the patient as a customer is a critical differentiator in the diagnostic and healthcare industries and, together with what its brand’s recognition for quality diagnostic services, results in individuals and healthcare providers choosing it as their diagnostic healthcare service provider. This is because (i) in India, patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider and (ii) patients and healthcare providers seek quality healthcare service providers due to what range in quality and reliability of diagnostic healthcare services in India.
With over 3,368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, the company is capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Its diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services include (i) routine clinical laboratory tests - such as blood chemistry analyses and blood cell counts; (ii) specialized testing services - such as histopathology analyses, genetic marker-based tests, viral and bacterial cultures and infectious disease tests; and (iii) preventive testing services - such as screenings for hypertension, heart disease and diabetes. It performs these tests and services in its clinical laboratories using sophisticated and computerized instruments.
The company has built a national, “hub and spoke” network that includes its National Reference Laboratory in New Delhi. The company’s “hub and spoke” model, whereby specimens are collected across multiple locations within a region for delivery to a predesignated clinical laboratory for centralized diagnostic testing, provides greater economies of scale and offers a scalable platform for the continued growth of its business. Its network is present across India, including large cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata. The company’s centralized information technology platform fully integrates its large network through a common logistics and payments system and tracks its operations and internal performance metrics, thereby enabling it to improve the efficiencies of its business.
Business area of the company
The company is a provider of diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services in India. Through its integrated, nationwide network, the company offers patients and healthcare providers a broad range of diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services for use in core testing, patient diagnosis and the prevention, monitoring and treatment of disease and other health conditions. Its customers include individual patients, hospitals and other healthcare providers and corporate customers.
Awards and accreditations
- 2001: Received the ISO 9001:2008 certification for the quality management system for performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including in clinical trials.
- 2002: Fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists’ Laboratory Accreditation Program.
- 2008: Awarded the CNBC TV18 Emerging India Award 2008 by ICICI Bank Business Banking in the pharmaceuticals and chemicals category.
- 2010: Franchisor of the Year in healthcare, at the Franchise Plus Awards.
- 2010: Honourable mention in the healthcare category at the Milagrow Trailblazers Brand Innovator Awards.
- 2012: Diagnostic Service Provider Company of the Year, by Frost & Sullivan at the 4th Annual India Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- 2012: Named a Computerworld Honours Laureate by the Computerworld Honours Program for innovative use of information technology to conduct research, develop new diagnostic methods and services and improve quality and access of patients to healthcare.
- 2013: Best Diagnostic Company in India at the VC Circle Healthcare Summit.
- 2014: Received the ISO 27001:2013 certification for the information management system for providing data center services and supporting functions.
- 2014: Received an NABL certificate of accreditation under standard ISO 15189:2012 for “Medical Laboratories - Requirements for Quality and Competence” for medical testing, for National Reference Laboratory.
- 2015: Data Quest Technology Award for Excellence in the implementation and use of technology for business benefits in the ‘Cloud’ category.
- 2015: Received the certificate of affiliation from the Healthcare Sector Skill Council for role as medical laboratory technician in relation to institute at Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
Major events and milestones
- 2005, 2007: Investment by WestBridge I Investments Holdings.
- 2008: Acquisition of Paliwal Medicare and Paliwal Diagnostics.
- 2010: Establishment of its National Reference Laboratory.
- 2010, 2013: Investment pursuant to purchase of shares by Wagner Limited from WestBridge I Investment Holdings.
- 2013: Investment pursuant to purchase of shares by WestBridge Crossover Fund, LLC from WestBridge I Investment Holdings.
- 2013: Investment by SIH.
- 2014: Acquisition of APL Clinical Institute of Clinical Laboratory & Research.
- 2015: Amalgamation of Sanya Chemicals Private, Amolak Diagnostics, Medex Healthcare, Medicave Diagnostic Centre, Medicave Medical Systems and the company.
- 2016: the Parent Company has set up new/acquired laboratories at various locations in India and some new patient service centers at various locations.
- 2017: The Company had acquired 10% addiOonal equity stake in its exisOng two subsidiaries - Paliwal DiagnosOc Private Limited (PDPL) and Paliwal Medicave Private Limited (PMPL).
- 2017: the Company has acquired 100% equity stake in “Delta Ria and Pathology Private Limited”, engaged in the business of providing pathological diagnosOcs services in Bhopal.
- 2019: Company’s Wholly Owned Subsidiary viz M/s PathLabs Unifiers Private Limited acquired 70% equity stake in M/s Centrapath Labs Private Limited and M/s APRL PathLabs Private Limited consequent upon which both these Companies became subsidiaries of the Company.
- 2019: The company acquired 70% equity stake in “APRL PathLabs Private Limited”, engaged in the business of providing pathological diagnostics services, on a going concern basis.
|Parent Organization||Dr. Lal Pathlabs Ltd.||Managing Director||Om Prakash Manchanda|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|