About the Company
The name Pan Parag does not need any introduction yet its originating flagship company – Kothari Products Limited (KPL) – continues evolving many more business as well as charitable activities. Pan Parag Paan Masala was incorporated on 18 of August, 1973. Further, it expanded business to Zarda, 7-Up Coconut Oil, Budget Detergent, amd other products.
It will not be out of place to mention that Pan Parag virtually popularised and boosted the tradition to chew a mouth freshener after meals. Later, presenting Pan Parag to guests became an integral part of traditional welcome during social, auspicious and festive occasions like friendly meetings, marriages, parties, business meetings and festivals.
Subsequently, the Kothari Group has not looked back – it diversified into multiple businesses, social activities, sponsors of event and the turnover has been to the tune of Rs.300 Crores.
The product range of the company includes: Pan Parag Supreme, Parag Pan Masala, Pan Parag Gutkha, Pan Parag Gold Gutkha, Parag One 2 One Zafrani Zarda, Pan Parag Double Horse Khaini, Parag Scented Supari, etc.
Charitable & Social Activities undertaken by the company
- The trust sponsored test cricketer Gopal Sharma to play league matches in England.
- The trust constructed Shree Mahadev Bhai Rajpal Kothari Gujarat Bhawan at Kanpur in 1994.
- The trust started the premier school S M Kothari International School on 1st Sept., 2004 at Noida to impart world class education to the Indian society. similar premier schools are coming up in major urban cities of India.
- The trust donated a machine for orthropaedic surgery in the year 1997-98 to Leela Mani Hospital, Kanpur.
- The trust donated a school bus to Gujarati Education Society (Regd.) Delhi in the year 2002.
- The trust donated a laser machine for eye surgery to Lala Dataram Khandelwal Eye Hospital, Bithoor in the year 2003.
- The trust is going to lay foundation stone of another school at Lonavala, near Mumbai which would be another international standards education centre.
- The trust has proposition to start with world class schools at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kanpur and Kolkata.
- In wake of the tsunami disaster, which struck havoc in many districts of India on December 26, 2004, Kothari group has donated Rs 11.5 lakh to goverment agencies. All the employees of Kothari Group also donated one day salary to this fund.
Awards and Achievments
- The chairman Shri M.M. Kothari was presented National Awards in 1987 by the then President of India, Late Sri Gyani Zail Singh.
- The chairman Shri M.M. Kothari was also presented National Citizen Award in 1989 by the Ex-Prime Minister of India, Late Sri Rajeev Gandhi.
- Managing director Shri Deepak Kothari has received the award - Gaurav Ratna Puruskar (Gold Medal) in the year 1992 from the NRI Institute in Bangkok,
- Managing director Shri Deepak Kothari has received the award – Vikas Ratna Puraskar in the year 1992.
- Shri Deepak Kothari was nominated as a director of Indian government airlines – Air India as well as Indian Airlines – by Government of India.
- Kothari Products Limited has received FMCG Award 2003 for Parag Supari, Parag Sada and Pan Parag Premium Supreme by AMFG at New Delhi on 28th May, 2003
- Pan Parag had sponsored the programme Pan Parag Zee Cine Awards at Dubai in the year 2004.
- Pan Parag had sponsored the programme Pan Parag India Today – Khattee Meethi Baat at hotel Taj, Lucknow (Participents Rajnath Singh and Amar Singh with Editor Prabhu Chawla) on 5th September, 2004.
|Parent Organization||Kothari Products Ltd.||Managing Director||Deepak Kothari|