About the Company
Kalyan Jewellers India is one of the largest jewellery companies in India. It started its jewellery business in 1993 with a single showroom in Thrissur, Kerala. It has since expanded to become a pan-India jewellery company. The company endeavour to cater to its customers’ unique preferences, which often vary significantly by geography and micro market, through its local market expertise and region-specific marketing strategy and advertising campaigns. The company’s grassroots ‘My Kalyan’ customer outreach and service centre network is another key element of its hyperlocal strategy which enables it to be a neighbourhood jeweller and is focused on marketing and customer engagement across urban, semi-urban and rural areas in India. The company is led by a management team with extensive experience in the jewellery and retail industries and with a proven track record of performance.
Business area of the company
The company design, manufacture and sell a wide range of gold, studded and other jewellery products across various price points ranging from jewellery for special occasions, such as weddings, which is its highest-selling product category, to daily-wear jewellery.
Major events and milestones
- 1993: Opened its first showroom under the brand ‘Kalyan Jewellers’ in Thrissur, Kerala.
- 2004: Opened its first showroom outside Kerala, in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- 2010: Launched ‘My Kalyan’ customer outreach initiative.
- 2010: Entered Telangana and Karnataka markets.
- 2012: Opened its first showroom outside South India in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- 2013: Entered West India (Maharashtra) and Middle East markets.
- 2014: Highdell, belonging to the Warburg Pincus group, a global private equity firm, first invested in the company.
- 2014: Entered North India (Delhi) market.
- 2015: Entered Chennai, Tamil Nadu and East India (Orissa) markets. 2016: Entered West Bengal and Rajasthan markets.
- 2016: Launched the Kalyan Matrimony (formerly known as Sanskriti Matrimony) website.
- 2017: Highdell, belonging to the Warburg Pincus group, a global private equity firm, made an incremental investment in the company.
- 2017: Purchased a stake in Enovate Lifestyles Private Limited and its online platform at www.candere.com.
- 2018: Entered North Eastern (Assam), Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand markets.
- 2019: Entered Bihar market.
- 2020: As of December 31, 2020, 107 showrooms in India and 30 showrooms in the Middle East.
|Parent Organization||Kalyan Jewellers India Ltd.||Managing Director||TS Kalyanaraman|