|Market Cap||4,571 Cr||EPS||14.6||High||69.5|
|Stock P/E||4.7||Net Profit Margin||0.9||Low||67.8|
|Market Cap||4,571 Cr||ROE||2.5%|
|P/B Ratio||0.8||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||59.1||Book Value||80.6|
About the Company
Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, headquartered at Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India is a diversified agricultural conglomerate with a turnover in excess of $1.2 Billion. It has a global presence with various manufacturing bases spread over four continents. The company’s products are supplied to hundreds of countries with able assistance from thousands of dealers and distributors worldwide. With over 5 decades of efforts and presence in the marketplace, it has reached to over 10 million farmers in making them prosperous.
The company is the largest Micro-Irrigation company in the world. The Micro-Irrigation Division manufactures a full range of precision-irrigation products. It provides services from soil survey, engineering design to agronomic support. It nurtures a sprawling 2300 acre Hi-Tech Agri Institute; a Farm Resource R&D, Demo, Training & Extension Centre. It also undertakes turnkey projects for agricultural and irrigation development with holistic & integrated approach. Over 1500 Agri and Irrigation Scientists, Engineers and Technicians are engaged in offering services for complete project planning and implementation e.g. Watershed Development through Wasteland Transformation, including crop agronomy, protected cultivation etc.
The company is also the largest manufacturer of plastic pipes in India covering a wide range of pipes and fittings. The company extrudes pipe/sheet and inject the molds of PVC, PE, PP & CPVC along with other engineering polymers like Polycarbonate, Polyamide, PBT, ABS etc. It is a Total Solution Provider for various plastic piping systems that are used in conveyance of fluids, semisolids, gases and cables.
Business area of the company
It is an Indian multinational company with manufacturing plants across the globe. The company and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as ‘Group’) are engaged in providing solutions in agriculture, piping, infrastructure through manufacturing of Micro Irrigation Systems, PVC Pipes, HDPE Pipes, Plastic Sheets, Agro Processed Products, Renewable Energy Solutions, Tissue Culture Plants, Equipment business, Financial Services and other agricultural inputs since many years.
It has pioneered a silent Productivity Revolution with modern irrigation systems and innovative technologies in order to save precious water and has helped to get significant increase in crop yields, especially for millions of small farmers. It has also ushered in new concept of large scale Integrated Irrigation Projects (IIP). ‘More Crop Per Drop’ is the company’s approach to water security and food security. It is early pioneer for Internet of Things (IOT) in the agri-sector and is leading efforts to create global solutions with precision agriculture.
- Drip Irrigation
- Micro & Mini Sprinklers
- Sprinkler Irrigation
- Hose Reel & boom Irrigation
- Filters, Dosing Pump & Injectors
PVC & HDPE Piping Systems
- Plumbing & Drainage Systems
- Plastic Sheets
- Planting Material
- Environment Controlled Agriculture
- Green Energy Products
- Turnkey Projects
- Micro Irrigation
- Agri Inputs
- Building & Construction
- Infrastructure & Public Utilities
- End to End Solutions
History and Milestones
- 1963: Started trading in agricultural inputs & equipments
- 1980: Started PVC pipe extrusion plant
- 1988: Micro-irrigation systems pioneered
- 1989: R&D demonstration and training centre started
- 1991: Started plastic sheet mfg. plant
- 1994: Commenced: Tissue culture; PE pipes plant; Solar water heaters; and Vegetable dehydration
- 1996: Set up green field fruit processing plant
- 2004: Acquired mfg. facility in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (MIS & pipes)
- 2005: Acquired mfg. facility in Tamil Nadu (MIS & pipes)
- 2006: Acquired fruit processing facility in Chittoor, AP; Dehydration facility in Baroda, Gujarat; Chapin Tape, USA Irrigation Company; Cascade, USA Dehydration Company; and NuCedar Mills Inc., Chicope, USA.
- 2007: Acquired Aquarius, USA Irrigation Company
- 2007: Acquired NaanDan, Israel Irrigation Company
- 2008: Acquired THE Machine, Switzerland Equipment Mfg.
- 2009: Set-up Green Field Project in Turkey - Irrigation Company
- 2010: Set-up biogas based 1.7 MW captive power plant; Set-up photo-voltaic panel assembly line; and New mfg. facility in North India, under construction
- 2010: Acquired Sleaford, UK - Agri processing distribution company
- 2011: Acquired Protool, Switzerland Equipment Mfg.
- 2011: Change in business model of MIS to “Cash & Carry” model
- 2012: Acquired White Oak Frozen Foods, USA
- 2013: Launched Jain Solar Pump
- 2015: Launched Jain Plumbing Piping System
- 2015: Acquired Driptech (MIS)
- 2015: Acquired USA-based Puresense Environmental (irrigation control system)
- 2016: Launch of retail business
- 2017: Acquired USA and Australia based Observant (MIS)
- 2017: Acquired 80% stake in USA’s 2 of the largest MIS dealers - Agri Valley and Irrigation Design and Construction
- 2018: Commenced Jain Logic- software & analytical platform for Micro Irrigation System
- 2018: Acquired InnovaFood N.V., Belgium (Food Processing); ET Water, Novato, USA; and Northern Ireland Plastics CS., Northern Ireland
- 2019: Commenced Frussh and Fruzen, product of Jain Farm Fresh Food Ltd.
- 2019: Acquired Briggs Irrigation, Corby, UK
|Parent Organization||Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.||Managing Director||Anil B Jain|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|