About the Company
The company was promoted by Mr Bhupinder Singh Jauhar. He started the Tapered Leaf Spring business in 1954 in a small shop in Yamuna Nagar which was converted in the company form in the year 1965. The Company is public company domiciled in India and is incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act. Its shares are listed on two recognized stock exchanges in India.
Jamna Auto Industries is India's largest, and amongst world's third largest, manufacturer of tapered leaf springs and parabolic springs for automobiles. The company was first to introduce parabolic springs in India.
The company has indigenous R&D Centre capable to design Multi, Parabolic Leaf Springs, Lift Axles and Air Suspension for all automobile applications. The R&D Centre has facility of in-house validation and testing of products using Servo Actuator to simulate actual vehicle conditions. The Company's engineering & design strength and developmental capabilities makes it a partner of choice with most of customers. The company's R&D team work closely with customers in design modification and value engineering in Tapered Leaf and Parabolic Springs which enhance the vehicles' load bearing capacity and overall efficiency.
Business area of the company
Jamna Auto Industries is engaged in manufacturing and selling of Tapered Leaf, Parabolic Springs and Lift Axles.
- Rear Air Suspension - ‘Cow Horn Style’
- Lift Axle - Steerable / Non Steerable
- Bogie Suspension - Tandem Axle
- Multileaf Springs
- Parabolic Springs
Milestone & Awards
- Started Assembly unit at Uttarakhand (under subsidiary)
- In house R&D centre set up at Malanpur
- Tata Motors Ltd converted its two high selling models into parabolic springs
- Entered into technical assistance agreement with Ridewell Corporation USA for Air Suspension and Lift Axle
- Received the Best Vendor Gold Award from Ashok Leyland Ltd for 2009-2010
- Received an award from Tata Motors Ltd in recognition of JAI’s long and enduring relationship
- Purchased land in Chennai for setting up facility for air suspension and lift axle
- Promoters and Clearwater Capital Partners infused fresh equity, prepayment of term loans brought down debt
- Shares of the Company listed in NSE
- Started paying Dividend
- Jamshedpur plant commenced manufacturing operations
- Started Assembly unit at Lucknow
- Filed patent application in India for Air Suspension
- Supplies to UD Trucks Corporation, Japan (Volvo subsidiary), Mahindra Navistar Automotives Ltd and Ashok Leyland Nissan Vehicles Ltd started
- Acquired land in Hosur for setting up facility for manufacturing of springs
- Agreement to supply Lift Axle signed with Ashok Leyland Ltd.
- Started developing springs for Bharat Benz
- Purchased land in Pune for setting up facility for manufacturing of springs and additional land in Malanpur and Yamuna Nagar for expansion
- Lift Axle and Air Suspension products launched
- Received Silver Award from Ashok Leyland Ltd. for best in class performance in RAMP UP in development and supply of Lift Axles
- Received Certificate of excellence award from TATA Motors Ltd. for supply of quality product and approach towards continual improvement in quality
- Supplies to Bharat Benz and Renault Nisan commenced
- Certificate of Appreciation - Best in Class Performance in Quality from Ashok Leyland Ltd. for the year 2012-13
- Production commenced at Hosur plant
- Capacity expansion at Malanpur completed
- OEM market share increased to 64% from 57%
- Expansion at Hosur Plant started
- The company’s Malanpur and Yamuna Nagar plants were awarded the TPM Excellence Category ‘A’ award by Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance
- Jamshedpur plant was awarded the TPM Excellence Category ‘A’ award
- The Company was also awarded as ‘Star SME’ in the Business Standard annual awards 2018
- Best Overall Excellence in Operations by Auto Components India (Magazine) 2019
- The Company has incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary company, viz., Jai Automotive Components Limited. The subsidiary has acquired land on lease at Indore from Madhya Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation.
- Assembly unit of Jai Suspension Systems LLP at Lucknow (U.P.) was closed in FY 2019-20
|Parent Organization||Jamna Auto Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Pradeep Singh Jauhar|