About the Company
IVP Company was incorporated on July 5, 1929 at Mumbai. The Company Manufacture vegetable oils & vanaspati Margarine, Plastics Minar Chemicals, Foundry, products, Spark Plugs & Industrial Ceramics. IVP Limited was the first large scale Indian venture that offered the latest technology to the Foundry Industry in India.This was way back in 1964.Today the company is a leader in resins and binder systems and continues to maintain its position of performance.
The products range of the company includes the complete spectrum of foundry chemicals like alkyde resins, phenolic resins, refractory coatings and fluxes.
IVP’s Foundry Chemicals Division has always dedicated itself to the development and manufacture of a wide range of high quality Foundry Chemicals, to enable Foundries to enhance the Quality of their Castings and improve Productivity levels.
Their products have always been manufactured with an aim to enhance Productivity, Quality, Economy, and User friendliness, while not at all compromising on Quality, Consistency and Environment friendliness. To achieve this they manufacture products in an individual, electronically monitored, accurately controlled & tested batches. Their Production process and Production equipments meets the environmental regulations.
IVP provides an excellent cultured work environment that is open and congenial to growth as well as learning. Therefore, IVP is driven with commitment by highly qualified, dedicated and technologically innovative people.
Product range of the company includes:
- Binders- In its foundry range of phenolic resins, it has shell-mold resins and organic non-heating self-curing foundry-use resins in a rich assortment of grades. It can provide shell-mold resins to comply with versatile requirements such as high mechanical strength, quick curing, peel-back resistance, low odor, ease of collapse after molding and low expansion. For non-heating self-curing foundry-use resins, it provide resins compatible with the cold-box system which improve curing speed and save energy.
- Innoculants & Fluxes.
- 1929 - The Company was incorporated on 5th July at Mumbai. The Company Manufacture vegetable oils & vanaspati Margarine, Plastics Minar Chemicals, Foundry, products, Spark Plugs & Industrial Ceramics.
- 1939 - 1,100 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:10.
- 1947 - 6,050 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:2.
- 1954 - 3,025 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:6.
- 1963 - 3,025 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:7.
- 1966 - 4,840 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:5.
- 1973 - 11,616 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 2:5.
- 1976 - 10,164 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:4.
- 1979 - Shares subdivided during 1978. 5,08,200 Bonus shares issued in the proportion 1:1.
- 1982 - 3,38,800 Rights equity shares allotted (Prop. 1:3; Prem. Rs 1.25 per share) on 22.6.82.
- 1984 - The Company revalued its freehold land, buildings, plant and machinery relating to its Mumbai factory as on 31st December.
- 1985 - 6,77,600 Bonus Equity shares issued in propn. 1:2 and allotted on 9.4.1985.
- 1986 - During November the company signed technical collaboration agreement with M/s Feldmuhle Aktiengesells Chaft, (Feldmuhle Akg) West Germany for acquisation of knowhow for the manufacture high alumina, Ceramic, textile thread guides using injection moulding technology. The Company enunciated a modernisation-cum-diversification programme. -Another project was taken up to set up a new unit at Kumbalagudu near Bangalore to manufacture foundry and other industrial chemicals.
- 1987 - The Company issued 2,33,540 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 10 per share as follows: 1,01,640 shares on rights basis to the existing shareholders of the Company in the ratio 1:20; 1,20,000 shares to financial institutions (UTI), LIC and GIC) and 11,900 shares to employees/workers. 28,385 additional shares were also issued at a premium of Rs 10 per shares to retain oversubscription and allotted as follows: 25,410 shares to shareholders and 2,975 shares to employees. - The Company proposed to issue equity shares/convertible debentures upto a maximum of Rs 30 crores on a rights-cum-public basis subject to all necessary approvals.
- The Company proposed to issue 68,84,175 bonus equity shares in proportion 1:1. 2,61,925 Bonus Equity shares issued (Prem. Rs. 10 per share) in June 1987.
- 1988 - (15 months) the Company entered into a collaboration agreement with M/s. Industries Magneti Marelli Sp. A of Italy for manufacture of improved types of spark plugs. Also approval was received for technical collaboration, agreement with M/s London & Scandinavian Metallurgical Co Ltd UK for updating its technology in its steel plants.
- It would also enable updating of its ingot casting products such as hot topping tiles, corner pieces etc. and introduce latest products such as Tundish liners, impact pads etc.
- 1989 - 22,94,725 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 1991 - The Company had undertaken expansion and modernisation of its industrial ceramics and industrial chemicals division. - 22,94,725 Bonus Equity share issued in prop. 1:2.
- 1992 - The Company entered into two technical collaborations for high alumina ceramics with Cerasiv GmbH, Germany, one for the manufacture of high alumina faucet discs, an import substitute item and the second for upgrading and increasing the product range of industrial ceramics division.
- 1996 - 34,42,088 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:2.
- 2001 - Mr. S.N. Bhatri has been appointed Director on the board effective from 29th January.
- 2002-Mr Shiraz Abdul Razak Allana has been appointed as a Director on the Board of IVP Ltd wef June 18, 2002.
- 2007-Mr. A.R.J. Allana, the chairman of the Company, announced his retirement due to health reasons
- 2007-Mr. Shiraz Allana, a businessman having vast experience in Global Trading and Food Processing has been elected as Chairman of IVP Limited
|Parent Organization||IVP Ltd.||Managing Director|