|Market Cap||5,60,224 Cr||EPS||16.2||High||461.6|
|Stock P/E||27.8||Net Profit Margin||25.7||Low||448.5|
|Market Cap||5,60,224 Cr||ROE||27.2%|
|P/B Ratio||8.1||Dividend Yield||3.5%|
|Industry P/E||28.0||Book Value||55.4|
About the Company
ITC was incorporated on August 24, 1910 under the name Imperial Tobacco Company of India Limited. As the Company's ownership progressively Indianised, the name of the Company was changed to India Tobacco Company Limited in 1970 and then to I.T.C. Limited in 1974. In recognition of the ITC's multi-business portfolio encompassing a wide range of businesses, the full stops in the Company's name were removed effective September 18, 2001. The company now stands rechristened ‘ITC Limited’ where 'ITC' is today no longer an acronym or an initialised form.
ITC has a diversified presence in FMCG, Hotels, Packaging, Paperboards & Specialty Papers and Agri-Business. ITC's aspiration to be an exemplar in sustainability practices is manifest in its status as the only company in the world, of its size and diversity, to be carbon, water and solid waste recycling positive. In addition, ITC's businesses and value chains create sustainable livelihoods for many people, a majority of whom represent the poorest in rural India.
ITC is the country's leading FMCG marketer, the clear market leader in the Indian Paperboard and Packaging industry, a globally acknowledged pioneer in farmer empowerment through its wide-reaching Agri Business, a pre-eminent hotel chain in India that is a trailblazer in 'Responsible Luxury'. ITC's wholly-owned subsidiary, ITC Infotech, is a specialized global digital solutions provider.
Over the last decade, ITC's new Consumer Goods Businesses have established a vibrant portfolio of many world- class Indian brands that create and retain value in India. ITC's world class FMCG brands including Aashirvaad, Sunfeast, Yippee, Bingo, B Natural, ITC Master Chef, Fabelle, Sunbean, Fiama, Engage, Vivel, Savlon, Classmate, Paperkraft, Mangaldeep, Aim and others have garnered encouraging consumer franchise within a short span of time. While several of these brands are market leaders in their segments, others are making appreciable progress.
The competitiveness of ITC's diverse businesses rest on the strong foundations of institutional strengths derived from its deep consumer insights, cutting-edge Research & Development, differentiated product development capacity, brand-building capability, world-class manufacturing infrastructure, extensive rural linkages, efficient trade marketing and distribution network and dedicated human resources. ITC's ability to leverage internal synergies residing across its diverse businesses lends a unique source of competitive advantage to its products and services.
Business area of the company:
ITC has business interests in cigarettes, hotels, paperboards and specialty papers, packaging, agribusiness, packaged foods and confectionery, information technology, branded apparel, personal care, stationery, safety matches and other FMCG products.
Products and services:
Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
ITC is one of India’s leading marketers in Fast Moving Consumer Goods. It is ITC's strategic intent to secure long-term growth by synergising and blending the diverse pool of competencies residing in its various businesses to exploit emerging opportunities in the FMCG sector.
- Personal Care
- Education and Stationary
- Lifestyle Retailing
- Safety Matches
Launched in 1975, ITC Hotels, India's premier chain of luxury hotels, has become synonymous with Indian hospitality. ITC Hotels pioneered the concept of 'Responsible Luxury' in the hospitality industry, drawing on the strengths of ITC groups' exemplary sustainability practices. Responsible Luxury personifies an ethos that integrates world-class green practices with contemporary design elements to deliver the best of luxury in the greenest possible manner.
The Responsible Luxury commitment of ITC Hotels blends elements of nature to deliver a unique value proposition to guests, conscious of their responsibility to be planet positive. These unique interventions have made ITC Hotels a trailblazer in green hoteliering with all its premium luxury hotels LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum certified.
Paperboards and Specialty Papers Business
ITC's Paperboards and Specialty Papers Business is the leader in volume, product range, market reach and environmental performance, and is the clear market leader in the value-added paperboards segment. Providing internationally competitive quality and cost, the Business caters to a wide spectrum of packaging, graphic, communication, writing, printing and specialty paper requirements.
ITC takes great pride in servicing a large cross-section of industry requirements - from cigarette papers and Components to FMCG cartons, from electrical insulation papers to Bio-based Barrier Coated Board, from decorative laminate base to writing and printing papers and much more. ITC straddles the entire spectrum of paperboards - from 100% virgin, food-grade boards which are made from renewable and sustainable sources to 100% recycled boards.
The product range includes
- Packaging Boards
- Virgin Boards
- Recycled Boards
- Barrier Coated Boards
- Biodegradable Barrier Coated Boards
- Graphic Boards
- Wrapping Paper (Food grade)
Packaging & Printing Business
ITC's Packaging & Printing Business is the largest value added converter of paperboard packaging in South Asia. It converts tonnes of paper, paperboard and laminates per annum into a variety of value-added packaging solutions for the food & beverage, personal products, cigarette, liquor and consumer goods industries.
The Division, which was set up in 1925 as a strategic backward integration for ITC's Cigarettes business, is today India's most sophisticated packaging house. State-of-the-art technology, world-class quality and a highly skilled and dedicated team have combined to position ITC as the first-choice supplier of high value added packaging.
The Division supplies value-added packaging to ITC's various FMCG businesses. Its client list includes several well-known national and international companies like Nokia, Colgate Palmolive, Pernod Ricard, Diageo, British American Tobacco, Philip Morris International, Agio Cigars, UB Group, Tata Tetley, Tata Tea, Reckitt Benckiser, Radico Khaitan, Akbar Brothers, Surya Nepal, VST Industries, etc.
- Carton Board Packaging
- Flexible Packaging
- Tobacco Packaging
- Innovation & New Product
- Green Packaging
Agri Commodities and Rural Services
ITC is one of India’s largest integrated agri business enterprise with significant presence across every node of the agri value chain.
ITC's pre-eminent position as one of India's leading corporates in the agricultural sector is based on strong and enduring farmer partnerships that has revolutionized and transformed the rural agricultural sector. A unique rural digital infrastructure network, coupled with deep understanding of agricultural practices and intensive research, has built a competitive and efficient supply chain that creates and delivers immense value across the agricultural value chain. One of the largest exporters of agri products from the country, ITC sources the finest of Indian Feed Ingredients, Food Grains, Marine Products, Processed Fruits & Coffee.
ITC's Agri Business is the country's second largest exporter of agri-products. It currently focuses on exports and domestic trading of:
- Feed Ingredients - Soyameal
- Food Grains - Wheat & Wheat Flour, Rice, Pulses, Barley & Maize
- Marine Products - Shrimps and Prawns
- Processed Fruits - Fruit Purees/Concentrates, IQF/Frozen Fruits, Organic Fruit Products
Major Awards 2019-2020
- ITC has been globally ranked no.1 amongst peers and no.3 overall by ‘Sustainalytics’, a global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rating company, for ESG performance in the ‘Food Products Industry’
- ITC won the ‘Best Corporate Initiative in Sanitation Award’ at the India Sanitation Coalition – FICCI Sanitation Awards 2019.
- ITC received 2 Effie Awards in the ‘Integrated Marketing Campaign’ and ‘Foods’ Categories (Silver Awards -highest honours) for Aashirvaad Atta’s ‘Tarun’s Tiffin’ advertisement campaign.
- Savlon Healthy Hands Chalk Sticks campaign listed among ‘Iconic Work’ of the decade in Cannes Lions Creativity Report.
- ITC Hotels was awarded the Best Luxury Hotel Chain, ITC Royal Bengal, Kolkata - Best New Hotel (Domestic), ITC Grand Goa Resort & Spa, Goa - Best Wedding Venue (Domestic) and Club ITC - Best Hotel Loyalty Programme by Travel+Leisure India at the ‘India’s Best Awards’.
- ITC’s Agri Business received the Global Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification, for its efforts in implementing sustainable agricultural practices with chilli farmers in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
- ITC Head Office, Kolkata received the ‘LEED Platinum’ Certification in Existing Building Operation & Maintenance category from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- ITC Green Centre, Guntur received the ‘Platinum rating certification’ from the LEED Green Building rating system in the new construction and major renovation category.
- ITC Munger Unit won the ‘IGBC Performance Challenge 2019 for Green Built Environment-Excellence Award’ at the Green Building Congress 2019.
- First Prize in 5 categories at the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) National Awards 2019
- ITC Medak Unit received the ‘IGBC Green Factory Building -PLATINUM’ Certification 2019 in new factories category from the Indian Green Building Council.
- ITC Kovai Unit received the Platinum-level certification, the highest recognition for water stewardship in the world, based on international benchmarks, from the Alliance for Water Stewardship, Scotland.
- ITC was conferred the ‘PrintWeek Printing Company of the Year’ Award, ‘Green Company of the Year’ Award in performance category, and ‘Prism in Packaging Converter of the Year (Flexible)’ Award in quality category, by Printweek India.
- ITC Haridwar Unit won the ‘Outstanding Performance in Food Safety Excellence Award’ in the Large Manufacturing Food Business Bakery category at the CII Award for Food Safety 2019.
- ITC’s Spices business received the ‘Outstanding Performance Award’ in the spices & sauces category at the CII Award for Food Safety 2019.
- ITC received the ‘CII National HR Excellence Award’ for Significant Achievement in HR Excellence.
Major awards over the years
- Mr Sanjiv Puri, Chairman & Managing Director, was honoured with the ‘Distinguished Alumnus Award of the Year 2018’ conferred by IIT, Kanpur in recognition of his achievements of exceptional merit (2018).
- ITC has won the prestigious Porter Prize 2017 for ‘Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration’ and for its exemplary contribution in ‘Creating Shared Value’ (2017).
- ITC won the ‘Best Practices Award’ from United Nations Global Compact Network India for two major gamechanging initiatives of the Company - Integrated Watershed Development and Social & Farm Forestry (2017).
- ITC Limited became the 1st company to win the India Today Safaigiri Corporate Trailblazer Award 2016.
- ITC’s Sankhya Data Centre, Bengaluru became the first data centre in the world to get LEED Platinum Certification from the US Green Building Council (2016).
- ITC’s Paperboards and Specialty Papers Units at Bhadrachalam, Bollaram, Kovai and Tribeni were FSC Chain of Custody certified (2015).
- ITC was ranked as ‘India’s Most Admired Company’ in a survey conducted by Fortune India magazine and Hay Group (2014).
- ITC was presented the World Business and Development Award at the Rio plus 20 UN Summit for its Social and Farm Forestry initiative (2012).
- ITC was conferred the National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (2007).
- ITC was the 1st Indian Company and 2nd in the world to win the Development Gateway Award for its trail-blazing e-Choupal initiative (2005).
- ITC was incorporated on August 24, 1910 under the name of 'Imperial Tobacco Company of India Limited.
- Through its acquisition of a hotel in Chennai, the company launched its hotel business by the name 'ITC-Welcomgroup Hotel Chola'.
- ITC entered into manufacturing paperboards, packaging & printing business.
- ITC set up Surya Tobacco Co. in Nepal, now a subsidiary of ITC.
- ITC set up the Agri Business Division for export of agri-commodities based on partnership with farmers, for revolutionizing the rural agricultural sector.
- ITC launched a line of greeting cards under the brand name ‘Expressions’. There has been further extension in productline with introduction of gift wrappers, autograph books slam books and stationery.
- ITC entered in lifestyle retailing business with the Wills Sport, a range of international quality wear for men and women.
- ITC InfoTech India was set up in 2000 to provide outsourcing solutions to manufacturing, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services & Insurance), CPG&R (Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail), THT (Travel, Hospitality and Transportation) and media & entertainment.
- ITC entered food business in 2001, its product line in this segment consist of brands 'Kitchens of India', ‘Aashirvaad atta’, ‘Candyman’, ‘Sunfeast’ & ‘Bingo!’.
- ITC entered in marketing of matches, ITC now markets popular safety matches brands like iKno, Mangaldeep, Aim, Aim Mega and Aim Metro.
- ITC's forayed into the marketing of Agarbattis (incense sticks), creating brands like Mangaldeep, Spriha, Aim Metro and so on.
- ITC introduced Essenza Di Wills, an exclusive range of fine fragrances and bath & body care products for men and women in July 2005.
- The Company also launched the 'Superia' range of Soaps and Shampoos in the mass-market segment at select markets in October 2007 and Vivel De Wills & Vivel range of soaps in February and Vivel range of shampoos in June 2008.
- ITC Hotels tied up with RP Group Hotels & Resorts to manage 5 hotels in India and Dubai, under ITC Hotels’ 5-star ‘WelcomHotel’ brand and the group’s mid-market to upscale ‘Fortune’ brand. -ITC has launched a social investment project, Mission Sunehrakal (MSK), in Mysore district to conserve soil and moisture.
- ITC has ranked number one for the second consecutive year in the CSR category in the recently published Nielsen Corporate Image Monitor 2012-13.
- ITC forayed into the biscuits market with its Sunfeast range of glucose, marie and cream biscuits.
- ITC Infotech becomes the 1st PTC Authorized Training Partner in India.
- ITC Grand Chola recieves the highest national rating for green building.
- ITC Hotels ties up with RP Group Hotels & Resorts to manage 5 hotels in India and DubaiITC’s leading personal care brand, has announced the launch of its second edition of the signature series of the Couture Spa Range of Gel Bathing Bars.
- ITC’s leading personal care brand, announced the launch of its unique Skin Nourishing Range of Soaps - Vivel.
- ITC has been voted among the top two 'Buzziest Brands' in the 'Corporate' category by 'afaqs', one of the world’s largest marketing and advertising portals.
- Fiama Di Wills collaborates with Masaba Gupta.
- ITC’s leading personal care brand and one of India’s most exciting brands, introduces ‘Love & Nourish’.
- ITC, Ruchi Soya in top 50 fastest growing FMCG list.
- ITC's Engage range takes second spot in deo market by volume.
- ITC replaces TCS as India's most admired company.
- ITC enters e-cigarette business.
- ITC Hotels launches one of largest ever foreign investments in Colomb.
- ITC Ltd entered into Asset Purchase Agreements (Agreements) with M/s. Johnson & Johnson Ltd., India & M/s. Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd., Singapore.
- ITC paper boards and specialty papers division has introduced grease-resistant paper boards.
- ITC acquires 87.06% equity share capital of Classic Infrastructure & Development Ltd.
- Russell Credit Ltd., a Wholly Owned subsidiary of the Company, has acquired the entire equity share capital of Rs. 4.89 crores of Wills Corporation Ltd. (Wills)
- ITC Launches Vivel Ayurveda Essence in Kerala -ITC Infotech announces partnership with Asigra.
- ITC and Starwood renew partnership deal for three more hotels.
- ITC bets big on food biz with launch of Sunbean Gourmet Coffee brand.
- ITC join hands NHAI for green highways in Andhra Pradesh.
- ITC Bags National PRSI Awards.
- ITC Grand Bharat, Gurgaon Ranked # 1 Resort in Asia.
- ITC Limited wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in two categories - 'Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration' and 'Creating Shared Value'.
- ITC Infotech, a fully-owned subsidiary of ITC, has announced the launch of its Digital Solutions Innoruption Center and the ThingWorx Co-Innovation Lab in collaboration with PTC.
- ITC’s Fabelle launches unique ‘Dark Milk’ chocolate.
- ITC to set up food processing facility in Madhya Pradesh.
- ITC launches world's most expensive chocolate priced at Rs 430000 per kg.
- ITC launches new range of fragrances with new brand ambassadors.
- ITC’s biscuit brands launches ‘Sunfeast Veda Marie Light’.
- ITC’s hospitality arm's culinary brands recognized amongst the Best in the World.
- ITC acquires stake in Delectable Technologies.
- ITC's hospitality arm opens Welcomhotel Amritsar.
- ITC sets up Rs 150 crore COVID-19 fund for vulnerable sections of society.
- ITC commences production of Savlon sanitisers at perfume manufacturing facility.
- ITC enters into agreement to acquire 100% stake in Sunrise Foods.
- ITC enters into strategic partnership with Amway.
- ITC’s hospitality arm partners with Swiggy.
- ITC partners with Bayer CropScience to market crop protection products.
- ITC has incorporated a wholly owned subsidiary company namely ‘ITC IndiVision’ on July 9, 2020.
- ITC’s hospitality arm ties up with Zomato for ‘contactless’ food delivery.
- ITC’s arm recognized in leadership zone for consumer packaged goods & retail.
- ITC acquires entire stake in Sunrise Foods.
- AP govt signs MoU with ITC for women's economic empowerment.
|Parent Organization||ITC Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjiv Puri|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|