About the Company
Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) is incorporated in 1998, the company is a Joint Venture of GAIL and BPCL. Government of National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi is also holding 5% equity. The company was listed in stock exchange in December 2003. IGL started its operations in NCT of Delhi in 1999 with only 9 CNG stations and 1000 PNG consumers.
The project was started to lay the network for the distribution of natural gas in the National Capital Territory of Delhi to consumers in the domestic, transport, and commercial sectors. With the backing of strong promoters - GAIL (India) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) - IGL plans to provide natural gas in the entire capital region.
Business area of the company
The company mainly operates in two businesses, they are:
- To provide safe, convenient and reliable natural gas supply to its customers in the domestic and commercial sectors.
- To provide a cleaner, environment-friendly alternative as auto fuel to residents of the areas of NCT of Delhi; districts Gautam Budh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Hapur, Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, uncovered parts of Meerut & Kanpur, Fatehpur and Hamirpur in Uttar Pradesh; districts Rewari, Gurugram, Karnal and Kaithal in Haryana; and, district Ajmer, Pali & Rajsamand in Rajasthan. This will considerably bring down the alarmingly high levels of pollution.
PNG - PNG is mainly methane - CH4 with a small percentage of other higher hydrocarbons. The ratio of carbon to hydrogen is least in methane and hence it burns almost completely making it the cleanest fuel. It is procured from the oil / gas wells and transported through a network of pipelines across the country.
CNG - CNG stands for compressed natural gas. It is gaseous fuel and is a mixture of hydrocarbons mainly Methane. For use in Automobiles as fuel, it is compressed to a pressure of 200-250 Kg/cm² to enhance the vehicle on-board storage capacity.CNG is a fossil fuel substitute for other auto fuels such as petrol, diesel, Auto LPG etc.
Commercial & Industrial Usage - Natural gas is a versatile fuel which is gaining immense popularity for Industrial and commercial usage. Under the commercial sector all leading hotels, restaurants, malls, commercial complexes and hospitals in the Delhi & NCR are being supplied PNG by IGL. In the industrial sector, PNG is being used to run boilers, furnaces, ovens, hot water generators, thermifluid heaters, gas turbines for power generation and Vapour Absorption Machines (VAM) for heating and cooling applications. Industries have saved on cost and storage space by using PNG and in turn pollution levels have also gone down.
Awards for CSR activities:
- CSR Community Initiative Awards for IGL Swasth Saarthi and Self Defence training programmes at New Delhi.
- CSR Health Impact Awards 2018 for IGL Swasth Saarthi programme at New Delhi.
- Asia’s best CSR Leadership Awards for categories of Women Empowerment and Innovation in CSR practices at Singapore.
- CSR Times Awards 2018 organized at New Delhi.
- Social Imprints - CSR Awards & Summit 2019 for Women Empowerment organized at New Delhi.
- Social and Business Enterprise Responsible Awards organized by SABERA for IGL Swasth Saarthi Programme at New Delhi.
- CSR Leadership award under the category Conservation, Pollution Control and Clean Environment & Resources held at New Delhi.
- Award for Gender Sensitization CSR programme at Dainik Jagran CSR awards 2019 at New Delhi.
|Parent Organization||Indraprastha Gas Ltd.||Managing Director||Kamal Kishore Chatiwal|