|Market Cap||35,215 Cr||EPS||-68.4||High||249.9|
|Stock P/E||0.0||Net Profit Margin||-1.9||Low||231.6|
HPCL Price chart
|Market Cap||35,215 Cr||ROE||14.7%|
|P/B Ratio||1.5||Dividend Yield||5.6%|
|Industry P/E||34.6||Book Value||170.1|
About the Company
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) is a Maharatna CPSE. It had originally been incorporated as a company under the Indian Companies Act 1913. HPCL owns & operates 2 major refineries producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels & specialties, one in Mumbai (West Coast) and the other in Visakhapatnam, (East Coast). HPCL also owns and operates the largest Lube Refinery in the country producing Lube Base Oils of international standards. This Lube Refinery accounts for over 40% of the India's total Lube Base Oil production. HPCL in collaboration with M/s Mittal Energy Investments is operating Refinery at Bathinda. HPCL has set-up its prestigious ‘HP Green R&D Centre’ at Bengaluru, India in 2016 with an objective to develop innovative & path breaking technologies and products.
HPCL is committed to achieve the economic, ecological & social responsibility objectives of sustainable development consistently through varied operations and activities. HPCL’s focus areas are in the fields of Child Care, Education, Health Care, Skill Development & Community Development, touching lives of weaker section of society.
Currently, the company provides fueling services to the aviation industry through its business unit, ‘HP Aviation’ also fondly called ‘Hindustan Aviation’. Its network covers all the major airports in India and is continuously expanding. HP Retail Business unit of HPCL is engaged in making available automotive fuels/ lubricants and other value added services for the automobile / private transport sector across the country, through a dedicated network of Retail Outlets, commonly known as Petrol Pumps.
The Retail unit is so named, as it involves dispensing fuels of relatively smaller volumes to the vehicle fuel tank. HPCL has laid pipelines for transportation of Petroleum Products to ensure product availability to its Consumers and the Public at large. City Gas Distribution (CGD), HPCL is operating City Gas Distribution (CGD) networks in several Geographical Areas (GAs) in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Madhya Pradesh through Joint Venture companies Aavantika Gas Limited (AGL), Bhagyanagar Gas Limited (BGL) and Godavari Gas (GGPL). HPCL is also operating a CNG network in Ahmedabad on standalone basis.
Business area of company
The Company is engaged in the business of refining of crude oil and marketing of petroleum products, Aviation Bulk Fuels And Specialities, International Trade, LPG (HP Gas), Lubes (HP Lubes), Retail (Petrol Pumps, etc.), Exploration & Production, Alternate Energy. The company (as Esso and Caltex prior to 1974) has been providing aviation refueling services at various airports in India for more than half a century.
Awards and achievements
- HPCLs Mumbai Refinery bagged the coveted 'National Energy Conservation Award (First prize)' in the Refinery Sector for the year 2014.
- HPCL bagged the Platts Top 250 Global Energy Award.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd received Golden Peacock Award 2016.
- Industrial Innovation Award 2018 to HPCL R&D Centre, Bengaluru by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- Forecourt Retailer of the Year award for the 11th time at Star Retailer Awards 2018.
- Vigilance Excellence Award 2018 in the outstanding category for ‘Best Institutional Practices’ by Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- Emerging Brand Award to ‘poWer 99’ at Times Network National Marketing Excellence Awards 2018.
- Award for Best Payments Technology / Initiative of the Year for HP Re-Fuel Program and Most Disruptive Payments Technology of the Year for HP Fastlane at Payments & Cards Summit 2018
- Best Innovation in R&D commendation MoP&NG for ‘Diesel Lubricity Additive’ and ‘HP-CORMIT’ for the year 2017-18.
- Green Supply Chain Company for 2018” at Express Logistics & Supply Chain Leadership Awards
- Best Navratna award in ‘Manufacturing Sector’ category by M/s Dun & Bradstreet.
- Company of the Year for Excellence in Human Resource Management award by Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry (FIPI).
- Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand 2019 award in Petrol Station category.
- Asia’s Most Trusted Brand 2019 Conferred to HP Gas by International Brand Consulting Corporation.
- FICCI Award for HP 2 FCC catalyst under ‘Product Innovator of the Year in Petrochemicals’ category.
- Outstanding Performer on BSEBOND Platform award under the category ‘PSU Issuer’ conferred by BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) India.
- The company was incorporated in the name of Standard Vacuum Refining Company of India Limited on July 5, 1952.
- On 31st March, the name was changed to ESSO Standard Refining Company of India Limited.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited comes into being after the takeover and merger of erstwhile Esso and Lube India Undertaking.
- Caltex Oil Refining Ltd is taken over by the Government of India and subsequently merged with HPCL in 1978.
- Kosan Gas Company, the concessionaries of HPCL in the domestic LPG market, are taken over and merged with HPCL.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between Government of Rajasthan (GOR) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for setting up a state-of-the-art 9 MMTPA refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer District of Rajasthan.
- HPCL to enter into a 50:50 joint venture with Shapoorji Pallonji Group for LNG terminal for import of liquid gas (LNG) on Gujarat coast.
- Launches of 5 Kg LPG Cylinder Sale through COCO ROs in Hyderabad.
- HPCL has been bestowed with the Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance for the year 2013 by Institute of Directors.
- HPCL signs MoU with MOP&NG, Govt. of India for FY 2013-14.
- HPCL Inaugurates KSP on World’s Highest Motorable Road.
- HPCL has signed a fresh Memorandum of Understanding with R&T Agents Link Intime India Pvt. Ltd.
- HPCL acquires two gas blocks in Australia for AUD 85 mn.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) approved the proposal for implementation of capacity expansion of the company's Mumbai refinery from 7.5 MMTPA to 9.5 MMTPA.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited's HP Nagar East Colony, Mumbai has been awarded a PLATINUM RATING.
- ‘HP-HiGAS Unit’, a new commercial scale unit developed based on HPCL R&D technology at Visakh Refinery inauguration done.
- Oil Marketing Companies commenced marketing of Bio-Fuel blended High Speed Diesel (B-5 Diesel) in select retail outlets of the country.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation acquisition of shares of Petronet MHB Ltd. From Petronet India Ltd.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has entered into a two-year memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Energy Efficiency Services, a joint venture of four national public sector enterprises under the Ministry of Power, for setting up public charging infrastructure as part of the National Electric Mobility Programme.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has collaborated with Indian Army to implement the third batch of ambitious project - ‘Kashmir Super 30 (Medical)’.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has actively participated in the ‘Jan Andolan’ launched by Prime Minister to promote appropriate Covid-19 behavior viz. wearing of masks, hand hygiene and maintaining social distance.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has commissioned its first petrol pump in Bhutan as it makes a foray into the Himalayan Kingdom.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has launched HP PAY application for the convenience of customers, to promote Digital transactions.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has introduced for the first time ever, branded MTO in barrels ‘HP Shine’, for catering to the demand of the unorganised paint and allied industry.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation has set up its first electric vehicle charging facility in Vadodara in the state Gujarat.
|Parent Organisation||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|