Metal - Non Ferrous
|Market Cap||1,16,956 Cr||EPS||37.5||High||525.05|
|Stock P/E||13.9||Net Profit Margin||4.1||Low||514|
|Market Cap||1,16,956 Cr||ROE||11.7%|
|P/B Ratio||1.2||Dividend Yield||0.6%|
|Industry P/E||18.4||Book Value||442.8|
About the Company
Hindalco Industries Ltd. is the metals flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group. It is an industry leader in aluminium and copper. Hindalco’s acquisition of Aleris Corporation in April 2020, through its subsidiary Novelis Inc., has cemented the company's position as the world’s largest flat-rolled products player and recycler of aluminium. Hindalco’s state-of-art copper facility comprises a world-class copper smelter and a fertiliser plant along with a captive jetty. The copper smelter is among Asia's largest custom smelters at a single location.
In India, the company’s aluminium units across the country encompass the gamut of operations from bauxite mining, alumina refining, coal mining, captive power plants and aluminium smelting to downstream rolling, extrusions and foils. Presently, Hindalco ranks among the global aluminium majors as an integrated producer and a footprint in many countries outside India. It has been accorded Star Trading House status in India. Its aluminium is accepted for delivery under the High-Grade Aluminium Contract on the London Metal Exchange (LME), while its copper quality is also registered on the LME with Grade A accreditation.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in the production of aluminium and aluminium products, and copper and copper products. The Company's segments include Aluminium, which includes hydrate and alumina, aluminum and aluminum product, and Copper, which includes continuous cast copper rods, copper cathode, sulfuric acid, di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) and complexes, and gold and silver products.
Products of the company
Aluminium rolled products
Aluminium foil & packaging
Aluminium alloy wheels
Continuous cast copper rods
- Aluminas and hydrates
- Primary aluminium
- Wire rods
Awards and recognitions
- FICCI Award 2017 for CSR - Aditya facility.
- Silver Certificate of Merit by Frost & Sullivan & FICCI Indian Manufacturing Excellence Award 2017.
- Ranked 7th in Asia Best CSR Practices Awards 2017 by World CSR Day in the category of Community Development Project of the Year.
- India Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2017-18, Silver Certificate for Manufacturing Effectiveness - Mahan facility.
- India CSR Award 2018 for the third consecutive year, from India CSR Network, for Sustainable Livelihood Project in agricultural development - Mahan Aluminium.
- CII ITC Sustainability Awards 2018 for Excellence in CSR - Mahan Aluminium.
- FICCI CSR Award 2018 for commendable work in Agricultural Development at the FICCI CSR Summit.
- Breaking New Grounds Award at the Global Diversity Equity Inclusion Summit, Delhi.
- Leaders Award - Mega Large Business, Metal Sector at Frost & Sullivan and TERI Sustainability 4.0 Awards 2019.
- Best Performance Award 2019 presented by the Indian Institute of Metals.
- Certificate of Merit 2019 earned from Frost & Sullivan for Project Evaluation & Recognition Programme.
- CSR Times Award presented at National CSR Summit 2019 for CSR work in the field of livelihood programmes.
- India Manufacturing Excellence Award 2019 presented by Frost & Sullivan for being selected as the Future Ready Factory of the year.
- The CII Eastern Regional Productivity Award presented by the Chairman CII Eastern region for contribution in the areas of Productivity in January 2020.
- Commencement of production at Renukoot (Uttar Pradesh) with an initial capacity of 20,000 mtpa of aluminium metal and 40,000 mtpa of alumina.
- Downstream capacities commissioned (rolling and extrusion mills at Renukoot).
- Commissioning of Renusagar power plant - a strategic and farsighted move.
- Beginning of major expansion programme.
- Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla takes over as Chairman of Indal Board.
- Aluminium alloy wheels production commenced at Silvassa.
- Brownfield expansion of metal capacity at Renukoot to 242,000 tpa.
- 1998 - Foil plant at Silvassa goes on stream.Hindalco attains ISO 14001 EMS certification.
- Acquisition of controlling stake in Indian Aluminium Company Limited (Indal) with 74.6 per cent equity holding.
The amalgamation of Indo Gulf Corporation Limited’s copper business, Birla Copper, with Hindalco with effect from 1st April 2002.
- Hindalco acquires Nifty Copper Mine in March 2003 through Aditya Birla Minerals Ltd. (ABML, formerly Birla Minerals Resources Pty. Ltd.).
- ABML acquires the Mount Gordon copper mines in November 2003.
- Equity stake in Indal increased to 96.5 per cent through an open offer.
- Brownfield expansion of aluminium smelter at Renukoot to 345,000 tpa.
- Copper smelter expansion to 250,000 tpa.
- All businesses of Indal, except for the Kollur Foil Plant in Andhra Pradesh, merged with Hindalco Industries Limited.
- MoUs signed with state governments of Orissa and Jharkhand for setting up greenfield alumina refining, smelting and power plants.
- Commissioned Copper III expansion, taking total capacity to 500,000 tpa.
- Hindalco announces 10:1 stock split. Each share with face value of Rs. 10 per share split into 10 shares of Re 1 each.
- Hindalco completes largest Rights issue in the history of Indian capital markets with total size of Rs. 22,266 million.
- Equity offering and subsequent listing of Aditya Birla Minerals Ltd. on Australian Stock Exchange.
- Signed an MoU with the Government of Madhya Pradesh for a greenfield aluminium smelter in the Siddhi district of the state.
- Joint venture with Almex USA for manufacture of high strength aluminium alloys for applications in aerospace, sporting goods and surface transport industries.
- Successful acquisition of Novelis, making Hindalco the largest in aluminium rolling and among the global top five metals majors, with a presence in 11 countries outside India.Acquisition of Alcan's 45 per cent equity stake in the Utkal Alumina project, thereby making Hindalco the 100 per cent project owner.
- Alumina expansion at Muri. Right issue - Raised total of Rs 4,426 crore for re-financing bridge loan taken for Novelis acquisition. Hindalco Almex Aerospace Limited facility became operational and produced largest aluminium billet of 42 diameter.
- QIP - raised $600 million for projects, the largest straight QIP in India.
- The company successfully achieved financial closure of the Mahan Project with the signing of Common Rupee Loan Agreement for Rs. 7,875 crore.
- Hindalco Industries finalized its arrangement for acquiring Alumina Refinery and Bauxite Mines from Novelis Do Brasil, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Novelis Inc.
- First metal tapped at Mahan Aluminium.
- Utkal Alumina Refinery goes on stream.
- Mahan and Aditya Aluminium smelters and Utkal refinery come on stream.
- Acquisition of Gare Palma Coal mines in Chhattisgarh and Kathautia and Dumri Coal mines in Jharkhand through auction.
- Mr Satish Pai takes over as Managing Director from 1st Aug 2016 after Mr D Bhattacharya demits office.
- Highest ever production of aluminium and alumina produced at 1.1 million and 2.7 million tonnes respectively.
- Greenfield projects - Mahan Aluminium, Aditya Aluminium and Utkal Alumina ramped up to full capacity.
- Coal blocks in Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, acquired through auction, became operational.
- Successfully raised USD 500 million through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP).
- Prepaid Rs. 1,031 crore long term loan in FY2017 and Rs. 4,505 crore in April 2017 resulting in a cumulative amount of Rs. 5,536 crore paid till date.
- Refinanced USD 4.3 billion long-term debt at Novelis - annual cash interest expense reduced by USD 79 million.
- Novelis entered into JV agreement in May 2017 with Kobe Steel to sell 50 per cent of its ownership interest in its Ulsan, South Korea facility, for USD 315 million.
- Divested Aditya Birla Minerals Limited, Australia for Rs. 367 crore.
- With new coal linkage in FY2017, coal security improved to two thirds of annual requirement of the Aluminium Business.
- Stable operations - achieved highest Aluminium production at 1,266 Kt.
- Hindalco Industries has re-started production of Alumina at Muri refinery in Jharkhand. The Plant had initiated the start-up process after receiving the Consent to Operate from the Jharkhand State Pollution Control Board.
- Hindalco Industries has launched India’s first all-aluminium freight trailer in Jaipur in the state of Rajasthan.
- Hindalco Industries has entered into a memorandum of understanding with Hindustan Copper for the long-term purchase and sale of copper concentrate produced by the PSU.
- Hindalco Industries’ wholly-owned subsidiary -- Novelis Inc. has completed the acquisition of Aleris Corporation.
|Parent Organization||Hindalco Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Satish Pai|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|