About the Company
Established in 1988 Hikal is a reliable partner to companies in the Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Agrochemicals and Specialty Chemicals industries. They provide world-class Active Ingredients, Intermediates and R&D services and solutions in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Their advanced infrastructure has been inspected and approved by globally recognized bodies such as the USFDA.
Hikal is a company built on enduring relationships. They are committed to delivering value as a complementary partner. By delivering on this commitment, they have earned the respect and recognition of leading companies from around the world.
Hikal is engaged in R&D, manufacturing and marketing of fine chemicals for the Pharmaceutical and Agrochemical industries. It collaborates with innovator companies and offer solutions in Contract Research, Custom Synthesis and Custom Manufacturing. Its people have extensive expertise in multi-disciplinary project management.
- Discovery Research Support It supplies molecules for discovery research on a contract basis. It is the preferred partner of leading multinational companies in different phases of new drug discovery and development. Backed by state-of-the-art instrumentation and an experienced team of scientists, we focus on research on new molecules.
- Process Development It has a successful track record in developing non-infringing processes and scaling them up from laboratory to kilo scale to commercial scale production. Its engineering expertise enables it to successfully set up chemical plants, manage and develop a wide range of processes that conform to stringent quality and safety guidelines.
- Analytical Method Development It undertakes method validation of new substances. The activities include in-process analysis, identification and quantification of impurities.
- Custom Manufacturing It also undertakes custom manufacturing of key intermediates and active substances for pharmaceutical and agrochemical companies worldwide. Its intermediates are being used in new candidate drugs in Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 stage of clinical trials as well as in commercialized drugs.
Products of the company include:
- Pharmaceuticals Products: Gabapentin ,Bupropion Hydrochloride ,Gemfibrozil, Pentoxifylline, Ondansetron Hydrochloride , Ondansetron Base, Triprolidine Hydrochloride ,Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Cinnarizine ,Flunarizine Hydrochloride and Levetiracetam
- Agrochemicals Products: Diuron ,Ethion ,Isoproturon ,Metoxuron ,Quinalphos and Thiabendazole
Different divisions of the company are:
Hikal is a partner of choice to the global pharmaceutical industry. They support the pharmaceutical industry from the early lead generation stage till the launch of new chemical entities. Hikal's specialization spans the entire spectrum from conventional synthesis to complex chiral chemistry and is backed by state-of-the-art analytical facilities.
They are the preferred choice of leading Crop Protection companies in the world. Multinational companies leverage their expertise in developing non-infringing processes for molecules and analytical development.
R&D is a core competency of Hikal. They assign top most priority to investments in world-class scientists and laboratory instrumentation. Their R&D team is mentored by a Scientific Advisory Board of eminent scientists.
They have an impressive R&D record. Their scientists have published several publications and received patents. They have developed several innovative and cost effective processes for several well known APIs.
Hikal has a global footprint. Its presence in strategic markets enables it to serve the customers better. Hikal has a majority stake in Marsing & Co A/S, a key player in the marketing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and raw materials for pharma majors and the chemical industry. Based in Denmark, the company has a distribution network in 100 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
Awards & Achievements:
The companies facilities are ISO 17025, ISO 9000-2000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified.
The domestic credit rating agency, ICRA has assigned LBBB+ to Rs 1,017.4 million and $ 33.1 million long term loans of HIKAL. ICRA has assigned LBBB+ rating outstanding on the Rs. 650 million fund-based bank limits of HIKAL. ICRA also has assigned A2 rating outstanding on the Rs 1,210 million fund based and Rs 480 million non-fund based bank limits.
|Parent Organization||Hikal Ltd.||Managing Director||Sameer Hiremath|