About the Company
GTL is a leading Network Services company, offering services and solutions to address the Network Life Cycle requirements of Telecom Operators, Technology providers (OEM’s) and Tower Companies.
Business area of the company
It is a Network Services Company, offering services and solutions to address the Network Life Cycle requirements of Telecom Operators and Tower Companies. Currently it has GTL Infrastructure Limited (GIL), an IP 1 License Category Tower Company as its Customer.
The company’s network services portfolio includes:
Network Operations and Maintenance
- GTL provides network operations and maintenance services that deliver assured Network uptime and availability to its customer. These services include:
- Corrective and preventive maintenance of the network
- Capex sizing and planning services
- Remote monitoring and trouble ticketing
- Technical support and process management
Telecom Networks require uninterrupted access to power for seamless operation. Management of Energy (Power and Fuel) plays an important role to ensure reliable network operations at optimum costs. The company’s Energy Management Solutions provide high availability of power to telecom sites efficiently. They are delivered through:
- Technical audit for optimum power consumption
- Monitoring utilization of sources of energy and plugging leakage thereof
- Driving modernization with energy efficient equipment
- Integrating non-traditional or alternate sources of energy with reduced CO2 footprint.
- 1985 - 1987: A partnership firm - GTL Telecom established.
- 1985 - 1987: A Private Limited Company, GTL Tele-Systems Pvt. Ltd. incorporated.
- 1988 - 1989: Introduces products like single line push button phones, servicing of telecom products, distribution of Apple Computers and Desktop Publishing Systems.
- 1988 - 1989: Sets up a new customer services division- GTL Care.
- 1990: GTL plans a nationwide distribution network. Sets up 3 offices.
- 1991: First major international tie-up with Murata, Japan.
- 1991: GTL commences Networking and Engineering Services division.
- 1992: GTL goes public with an Initial Public Offer (IPO) issue of Rs 1.80 crore which was oversubscribed by 53.17 times.
- 1992: Makes application to Department of Telecommunications (DoT) for providing data related services.
- 1993: GTL adds interactive Response system, Instant Voice Access System, Message Switching and starts turnkey execution of projects for Voice and Data Networks and projects on wireless networks.
- 1993: GTL sets up a group company, GTL Electronic Commerce Services Ltd. (GECS) to provide Value Added Services and obtains Licence from DoT for data related services.
- 1994: GTL adds to its networking portfolio Fibre Optics and V-SAT networks for transmission of voice, data and multimedia communication.
- 1994: GTL raises Rs 5.97 crore through a Rights issue of secured FCDs & Rs 11.58 crores through a Public issue, which was oversubscribed by 42 times. Promoters subscribe to 49.22% of the issue.
- 1995: GTL completes commissioning of the largest private nationwide data network in India covering nine cities at a cost of over Rs 100 crore.
- 1995: Turnover crosses the Rs 200 crore mark and Services network expands to 26 locations in India.
- 1996: First Indian Telecom / Software Company to successfully issue Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds aggregating to SFr 60 million (approx. $50 million) in Swiss financial market.
- 1996: GTL commences Data network services such as Enhanced Fax, Electronic Messaging and E-Commerce through EDI technology (GECS).
- 1997: GTL enters into a JV with Broadsystem Multimedia, Australia, to start a Call Management Company in India.
- 1998: Corporate Governance initiatives begin. A separate Corporate Governance Task Force formed.
- 1998: GTL revamps its corporate strategy, migrating to largely services oriented businesses.
- 1998: Starts planned exit of select product businesses.
- 1999: Company Secretariat & Investor Service Centre Human Resource Management and GTL Care Division-obtain ISO 9002 certification.
- 1999: Company sets up an Oracle Competence centre.
- 1999: Sets up Nortel CISCO Labs.
- 2000: New B2B service applications developed - GTL E-enterprise - an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) package for small and medium enterprises.
- 2000: GTL moves out of its Subscriber End Terminal Division.
- 2001: GTL merges group company - GECS and acquires two software Companies, Fine Infotech Limited (FIL) and Thermax Systems & Software Limited (TSSL).
- 2001: Fully commissions 1,000 seat Call centre spread over 1,20,000 sq. ft. area in Navi Mumbai.
- 2001: Sets up 51% subsidiary, GTL E-Secure Ltd., focused on Security Solutions for enterprises.
- 2001: Company name changed to 'GTL Limited'. GTL ranked amongst ‘Best 200 Small firms’ by Forbes Magazine.
- 2002: GTL enhances international presence with over 100 employees and 11 offices.
- 2002: Assessed at SEI-CMM Level 4 for Enterprise Solutions - Software Development.
- 2002: GTL’s Call Centre division ranked third in the ITES sector by NASSCOM.
- 2003: GTL wins Golden Peacock National Quality.
- 2003: IGTL's subsidiary, IGTL Saudi Arabia Limited, to execute the Saudi Telecom Project.
- 2003: 16 critical processes of the company have been undertaken as projects under Six Sigma Initiatives.
- 2005: “Nortel N power Partner of the Year 2005” Award from Nortel Networks.
- 2005: “Most Significant Competition Breakthrough 2005” Award from Nortel Networks.
- 2005: “Best Process Compliance Year 2005” Award from Nortel Networks.
- 2006: Acquisition of UK Based Genesis Consultancy.
- 2006: Listing of GTL Infrastructure Limited, a spin off from GTL as part of the restructuring process.
- 2006: Opens office in Thailand.
- 2006: Bags first project in Africa.
- 2006: Bags BSR Award for Corporate Governance - Business for Social Responsibility.
- 2006: President’s award to Mr. Charudutta Jadhav, a visually impaired GTL employee.
- 2006: APAC Partner of the Year 2006” Award for Oracle E-Business Suite Special Edition.
- 2006: The Best On time Renewal Partner in the Year 2006 Award from Oracle Support Services.
- 2007: GTL hives off Enterprise Networks and Managed Services business to Orange Business Services, an arm of France Telecom.
- 2007: GTL wins the prestigious Golden Peacock Global Award for Corporate Governance.
- 2007: GTL enters into a strategic alliance with Ericsson UK, to offer Managed Network Infrastructure Services to customers in UK and Ireland.
- 2007: GTL International, a 100% international subsidiary of GTL, acquires SCS, a Network Deployment Company in USA.
- 2007: GTL successfully completes the buyback of shares.
- 2007: GTL International, a 100% international subsidiary of GTL, acquires ADA Cellworks, the leading Network Planning and Optimization player in Asia Pac.
- 2008: GTL Wins Golden Peacock National Training Award 2008.
- 2008: GTL receives the prestigious Greentech Environment Excellence Silver Award 2008.
- 2008: GTL forms Strategic Alliance with Vanu Inc to Conduct Shared Active Infrastructure Field Trials in India.
- 2008: GTL wins Outstanding Contributor to Corporate Responsibility Award from Nokia-Siemens.
- 2008: GTL becomes No. 1 Telecom Turnkey Company of the year in V&D 100 Survey.
- 2009: GTL features amongst top 10 companies in the S&P ESG Index 2009.
- 2009: GTL wins the 'Performance Excellence' Trophy from IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award.
- 2009: GTL entered into a “Global Supplier Co-operation Agreement” with Huawei for worldwide co-operation in Network Services.
- 2009: GTL extends its capabilities to serve power utilities, bags Rs 324 crore order from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd (MSEDCL).
|Parent Organization||GTL Ltd.||Managing Director|