About the Company
Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited was incorporated on August 05, 1992 to construct, operate and maintain an all-weather port at Pipavav, District Amreli, in the State of Gujarat. The port is designed to handle bulk, container, liquid cargo and RORO and to provide port services such as marine services, material handling and storage operations.
The company has entered into a 30 year Concession Agreement with Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) dated September 30, 1998 to engage in the business of developing, constructing, operating and maintaining the port on a BOOT (Build Own Operate Transfer) basis.
During the year 2005, AP Moller-Maersk group together with certain financial investors acquired the complete shareholdings held by the original promoter viz. Seaking Infrastructure Limited (SKIL) group, on receipt of approval from Government of Gujarat, and GMB. Accordingly, AP Moller-Maersk group became the key promoter of the Company under the Concession agreement.
Pursuant to the approval of the shareholders of the company in an extra ordinary general meeting held on November 17, 2009, the company has issued and allotted through Initial Public Offering (IPO) 108,695,652 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 36 per share aggregating to a total of Rs 5,00 crore to all categories of investors. The issue was made in accordance with the terms of the company’s prospectus dated August 30, 2010 and the shares got listed on September 9, 2010 on Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange.
Business area of the company
Gujarat Pipavav Port is engaged in providing port services such as marine services, material handling and storage operations.
- Roll-on Roll-off (RoRo)
- Bulk Cargo
- Liquid Cargo
- Maritime Personnel
- Marketing Tools
- 2010- EPC World Award 2010 - Outstanding contribution in Ports & Shipping
- 2011- Maritime And Logistics Awards (MALA) 2011 - Fastest growing Port
- 2011- EXIM Award 2011 - Emerging Gateway Port of the Year
- 2012- Maritime And Logistics Awards (MALA) 2012 - CSR Award
- 2012- CNBC Infrastructure Excellence Awards 2012
- 2013- Maritime And Logistics Awards (MALA) 2013 - HSSE Award
- 2015- Samudra Manthan 2015 - Safe Port of the Year Award
- 2016- Gujarat Star Awards 2016 - Emerging port of the year for RoRo business
- 2017- Gujarat Star Awards 2017 - Best Port of the year for RoRo operations
- 2017- Gujarat Star Awards 2017 - runner up for The Port of the Year - Health, Safety and Environment
- 2018- Appreciation certificate from Government of Gujarat for ‘Mukhya Mantri Apprenticeship Yojana’ Apprentice Program
- 2020- Award from New Delhi-based Integrated Health & Wellbeing Council for societal development and community support initiatives under the ‘COVID Relief Project’
- First Public Private Project (PPP) in port sector in India
- First Public Private Project in railways through PRCL [Pipavav Railway Corporation Ltd] in India
- First port to start double stack train services for containers in India. Which has a capacity of carrying 180 TEUs as against 90 TEUs carried in a single stack train.
- First Port to receive the first coastal RoRo vessel in India
- One of the First Ports to have environment friendly coal yard.
- 1998- Concession awarded to GPPL
- 2000- PRCL (Pipavav Railway Corporation Ltd) formed - First PPP project with Indian Railways
- 2001- APM Terminals invests 12.5% in GPPL (Gujarat Pipavav Port Ltd)
- 2003- Port gets rail connectivity through JV with Indian Railways
- 2005- APM Terminals acquires controlling stakes
- 2006- Pioneers double stack container rakes in India.
- 2009- Container terminal became operational.
- 2010- Company listed on Indian stock exchanges.
- 2014- Liquid cargo operations commences at port.
- 2015- RoRo Operations commences at port.
- 2016- Container capacity expanded to 1.35 mTEUs
- 2017- Handles 100,000th Auto Unit - key milestone in just 20 months
|Parent Organisation||Gujarat Pipavav Port Ltd.||Managing Director||Jakob Friis Sorensen|