About the Company
Gokaldas Exports Limited (GEL) is a leading apparel manufacturer since 1979. The company exports to some of the major fashion brands and retailers across many countries. The company consistently strives to deliver excellence every step of the way.
The company’s world class apparel manufacturing facilities are complemented by integrated ancillary units which provide services such as laundry, embroidery, printing, quilting, and poly wadding. It is one of the largest organized apparel manufacturers in India with a manufacturing capacity of multimillion apparel pieces per annum.
The company has a proud workforce of nearly thousands of people, 80% of whom are women. All the units are certified to international standards for environmental and social compliance. The Company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Limited and National Stock Exchange (NSE) Limited.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in the designing, manufacturing and exporting of a wide range of apparel products ranging from outerwear, activewear and fashion wear for all seasons.
- High fashion garments
- Industrial workwear
- Healthcare garments
- Hand Grinding
- 1947: After India’s partition in the year 1947, Jhamandas Hinduja and his two brothers, Naraindas and Devkishendas, moved their Sindh-based silk trading business Gokaldas Harbhagwandas Partners to India.
- 1979: The business was split among the three brothers, with Jhamandas Hinduja taking the lead of the major successor, Gokaldas Exports. The Company was subsequently run by his three sons, Madanlal, Rajendra, and Dinesh Hinduja, who were involved since its inception.
- 2005: The Company went public in 2005 and was listed on Indian stock exchanges.
- 2007: Gokaldas Exports Ltd. crossed the Rs 10 billion sales milestone, a first for an Indian apparel Company. Looking at the growing potential of the textile industry, Blackstone, the global private equity giant, acquired a controlling stake of approximately 70% in the Company.
- 2007-2017: Under the management and leadership of Blackstone, the Company confronted a changing business environment ushered in by abolition of Multi Fibre Agreement imposed Quotas and a growing apparel business in Bangladesh.
- 2017: Blackstone steadily reduced its investment in the Company and finally exited from its decadelong investment by selling its stake to another Private Equity firm Clear Wealth Consultancy Services LLP.
- 2021: Clear Wealth now holds about 33% of the Company, and the Company is listed on BSE and NSE of India. With the COVID-19 pandemic, Gokaldas Exports faced a new kind of challenge, but it turned the crisis into an opportunity and achieved greater market share in the bargain. The journey continues as the Company gears up to take monumental strides.
|Parent Organization||Gokaldas Exports Ltd.||Managing Director||Sivaramakrishnan Vilayur Ganapathi|