Globus Spirits (GSL) was originally incorporated as Globus Agronics Limited on February 16, 1993 with the Registrar of Companies, Delhi & Haryana, and obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on March 19, 1993. The name of the Company was subsequently changed to Globus Spirits Limited vide a fresh Certificate of Incorporation obtained on January 23, 2007 from the Registrar of Companies, Delhi and Haryana at New Delhi.
The company’s product excellence has ENAbled it to pioneer branding in the IMIL space with launch of India’s 1st ENA based country liquor brand- Nimboo. As a first for the industry, the company gave the bottom of the pyramid consumer a better tasting product, along with superior packaging that the consumers otherwise expect from other FMCG lines. This has led to a higher value perception of its brands. Little wonder then, that every day it is redefining ‘country liquor’ in India.
The company’s manufacturing facilities are ENAbling excellence by maximising yields from raw material. Its fully operational production units allow it to maximise alcohol yield while maximising production of by products leading to complete utilisation of the raw material. These facilities are also ENAbling a clean environment with a zero pollution footprint and cogeneration of power using renewable biomass as fuel.
Business area of the company
Globus Spirits Limited (the Group) is primarily engaged in the business of manufacture and sale of Indian Made Indian Liquor (IMIL), Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL), Bulk Alcohol hand sanitizer and Franchise Bottling.
Product range of the company includes:
- White Lace Gin White Lace Dry Gin
- White Lace Duet Gin GR 8 Times Dry Gin Samurai Gold Extra Rich Blend Whisky
- Samurai Premium Whisky 20-20 Premium Whisky
- 20-20 Superior Whisky
- GR 8 Times Whisky
- GR 8 Times XXX Rum
- Hannibal Legendry RumHannibal Legendry XXX Rum
- Samurai XXX Rum
- Samurai Grape Brandy
- Samurai Superior Grape Brandy
- Samurai Superior Whisky
- Academy Deluxe XXX Rum
- Academy Deluxe Brandy
- Rajasthan No.-1
- Samalkha No.-1
- Samalkha Ki Saunfi
History and milestones
- First Distillery set up; commenced production of Ethyl Alcohol in April 1994 at Samalkha Unit, Haryana. Unit was set up with an installed capacity of 144 lakh BL per annum.
- Purchase of land at Village Shyampur, Tehsil Behror, District Alwar, Rajasthan for setting up a Distillery unit for manufacturing 40,000 Bulk Litres of Rectified Spirit and 20,000 Bulk Litres of Extra Neutral Alcohol per day.
- The company acquired 18 acres of land in village Shyampur in Behror, Rajasthan.
- Sets up second Distillery unit at Behror, Rajasthan; Unit commissioned.
- Authorised Share Capital increased from Rs. 5 crores to Rs. 10 crores.
- Bonus issue to existing shareholders in the ratio of 12 equity shares for every 10 equity shares held.
- Enters into agreement with International Distilleries (India) Ltd. - a subsidiary of International Distillers and Ventures, UK, to bottle IMFL products under the brand name of ‘IDI’.
- During the year Behror Unit also started production. The sale was Rs. 5092.12 lakhs with a profit after tax of Rs. 278.42 lakhs. The Company has also exported alcohol to the tune of Rs. 4221.54 lakhs during the year.
- Takes up work at Samalkha unit for conversion of molasses supplied by Panipat Co-operative Sugar Mills.
- The company has started production of IMFL at its Behror unit under the brand name of Rajputana.
- Commenced bottling of IMFL at Behror Unit in August, 1999; and Country Liquor at Samalkha Unit in December, 1999.
- Haryana State Pollution Control Board on 29.8.2000 orders closure of distillery unit at Samalkha for alleged non-compliance of pollution requirements.
- Haryana Pollution Control Board orders start of Bottling of Country Liquor at Samlakha unit on 17.8.2001.
- Bottling at Samlakha Unit starts w.e.f 23.3.2002 after clearance by Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana on issues raised by State Excise Department.
- Enters into agreement on 26.7.2002 with Hi-Life Impex Pvt Ltd (Hi-Life) for use of Trademarks in respect of Ready to Drink Beverages (RTDB) and manufactures the same under technical know-how from Hi-Life.
- Commercial production of RTDB starts from 27.9.2003.
- Sets up Effluent Treatment and Environment friendly Bio-Composite Plant and entire plant and machinery repaired in order to start the Distillation plant at Samalkha Unit.
- Distillation Plant commences operation at Samalkha Unit in April, 2005.
- Authorised Share Capital increased from Rs. 10 crores to Rs. 15 crores.
- Name of the Company changed from Globus Agronics Limited to Globus Spirits Limited with effect from 23.1.2007.
- Authorised Share Capital increased from Rs. 15 crores to Rs. 25 crores.
- Launched Hannibal Legendary, one of its core brands, in the rum segment
- Launched Initial Public Offer and listed on stock exchanges (BSE & NSE).
- Completed capacity expansion at Samalkha & Behror plants, increasing capacity from 28.8 million bulk litre to 70.0 million bulk litres p.a.
- Launched flagship whisky brand, County Club, in six states across India.
- Entered into a tie-up with Jagatjit Industries for bottling of their popular brands at Samalkha, Haryana.
- Merged Associated Distillers Limited (ADL) with GSL, thereby, increasing total capacities to 84.4 million bulk litres p.a. Launched brand Nimboo in the IMIL segment in Haryana, which became an immediate success.
- IMIL brand Nimboo launched in Rajasthan in 2012.
- White Lace becomes 3rd largest selling gin in its category in Rajasthan
- Hannibal Rum brand approved for CSD, sales commenced in FY 2014.
- Ghoomer, largest selling IMIL brand by a private player in Rajasthan, with 15% market share.
- Scaled up contracts with United Spirits and ABD.
- Launched Goldee as an umbrella brand with multiple flavor variants in West Bengal.
- Entered attractive West Bengal IMIL market backed by the 360° mode.
- Unibev, premium IMFL venture, launched its first brand in Pondicherry.
- Unibev, premium IMFL venture, entered 4 more markets with a portfolio of 3 brands.
- 145 million litres of production with zero discharge.
- End to end production of 15 million cases of bottled beverages.
- 91% utilization of operating capacity, 34% used in-house for value added products.