About the Company
GHCL Limited was incorporated on October 14, 1983 and since then, it has established itself as a well-diversified group. It has ascertained its footprints in Chemicals, Textiles and Consumer Products segments.
The company has state-of-the-art home textile facilities at Vapi. This facility houses the best equipment sourced from Germany and Japan namely, Benninger, Kuster and Monforts. It has the flexibility to process both cotton and blended fabrics. A perennial innovator in bed linen category, some of the recent innovations in the category of ‘sheets’ include the PERFECT FIT, EASYSHEET, microTWILL, EXL Wrinkle Free Sheets, Versatile Reversible Sheets, Soft Wash Percale and Sustainable Fibre dyed sheets. GHCL has also launched a sustainable, traceable bedding line under the brand name “REKOOP” which has been made using recycled PET fibre, with molecular tagging for complete traceability.
The company’s Home Textiles products are predominantly exported worldwide to countries like United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia, Canada, Germany and other European Union countries as well.
The Consumer Products division manufactures and sells Edible salt and Industrial grade salt. It also markets spices, blended spices, and honey in the country under the brand name of i-FLO. GHCL has its salt manufacturing facility at Vedaranyam in Nagapattinam district of Tamil Nadu and a refinery at Chennai for edible salt manufacturing.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in primarily two segments consisting of Inorganic Chemicals (mainly manufacture and sale of Soda Ash) and Home Textile division (comprising of yarn manufacturing, weaving, processing and cutting and sewing of home textiles products).
- Consumer Products
- Trading Division
Awards and recognitions
- Special Commendation for Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance for the year 2017.
- Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility - 2017 for the year 2017.
- GHCL Limited has been declared as the Winner of ‘Golden Peacock National Quality Award’ for the year 2018.
- GHCL Limited achieved 16th rank in Great Place to Work survey among India’s Great Place to Work manufacturing sector.
- The President of Association Other ways Management & Consultancy France, certify that GHCL Limited has been selected to receive the Green Era Award for Sustainability.
- Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards for the year 2018.
- GHCL Limited achieved 25th rank in Great Place to Work survey among India’s Great Place to Work in manufacturing sector for the year 2018.
- Gold Award for quality control awarded by International Convention on Quality Concept Circle (ICQCC), Singapore.
- India Manufacturing Excellence (IME) Awards 2018 awarded by Frost & Sullivan.
- Mine Award - GHCL Limestones Mines received Mine award under A2 category at 26th Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation week.
- Par Excellence Award - GHCL won ‘Par Excellence Award’ at the 6th National Conclave on 5S, Ankleshwar Chapter, Quality Circle Form of India (QCFI)
- Saurashtra Eminence Award 2019 - GHCL Foundation Trust received ‘Saurashtra Eminence Award - 2019’ for the great work done towards ‘Rural Development and CSR’ from Divya Bhaskar Group.
- Jury Special Social Awareness Award - The Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI) awarded GHCL for innovation in the field of water management and soil fertility in and around the villages of the mining areas. The ‘Jury Special Social Awareness Award’ was presented to the Bhimdeval Limestone Mines, GHCL at the Excellence, Sustainability, Health, Safety and Social Awareness Awards FY 2018-19
- Excellence in E-procurement - GHCL received award for ‘Excellence in E-procurement’ at procurement Tech Summit for FY 2019.
1988 - 2000
- Commenced Soda Ash Production with 4.2 Lakh MTPA which was further increased to 5.25 Lakh MTPA
- Commenced Edible Salt Production and launched ‘Sapan’ salt
2001 - 2008
- Soda Ash capacity increased to 8.5 Lakh MTPA
- Entered Spinning business with 65 K spindles subsequently increased to 140 K
- Commissioned Home Textile plant with 36 mn meters processing capacity and 96 airjet looms
- Commissioned Refined Sodium Bicarbonate plant
2009 - 2015
- Spindles capacity increased to 175 K, Installed 3320 rotors in spinning
- Launch of ‘i-FLO’ salt and ‘i-Flo Honey’
- Home Textiles Air jet looms capacity increased to 162
2016 - 2018
- Soda Ash production capacity increased to 9.75 Lacs MTPA
- Doubled Sodium bicarbonate capacity to 60 K MTPA
- Added TFOs for value added yarn and Air jet spinning
- Home textiles, processing capacity increased to 45 Mn meters with total 190 Air jet weaving looms
2019 - 2020
- Soda Ash production capacity to be increased to 11 Lacs MTPA tons / year by FY2019
- GHCL will be the single largest manufacturer of soda ash in India at a single location
- Increase Soda Ash production by another 1.25 Lacs MT by Mar’20
- Envisaged Rs. 150 crore capital allocation for Volume growth and modernization in spinning
|Parent Organization||GHCL Ltd.||Managing Director||R S Jalan|