About the Company
Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR), was incorporated in March 1988 under the Companies Act, and commenced operation from November 1989 taking over the existing network of 7 ICDs from the Indian Railways. In addition to providing inland transport by rail for containers, it has also expanded to cover management of Ports, air cargo complexes and establishing cold-chain. The company developed multimodal logistics support for India's International and Domestic containerization and trade.
Business area of the company
CONCOR's core business is characterised by three distinct activities, that of a carrier, a terminal operator, and a warehouse operator. CONCOR is committed to providing responsive, cost effective, efficient and reliable logistics solution to its customers. It strives to be the first choice for its customers. CONCOR is a customer focused, performance driven, result oriented organization, focused on providing value for money to its customers.
Products and Services
- LCL Hub Services
- Air Cargo Movements
- Bonded WareHousing
- Reefer and Cold Chain Services
- Factory Stuffing/Destuffing
- Cabotage of ISO container
- CONCOR has been awarded as the top Indian company in the shipping and logistics sector for the dun and Bradstreet-American express corporate awards, 2007& 2008 consecutively.
- CONCOR has received corporate excellence award from Amity International for the year 2007.
- CONCOR received the prestigious Dun & Bradstreet- ROLTA Corporate Award-2008 for being the Top Indian Company in Logistics & Transportation Sector. The Company has received this award for the second year in succession.
- CONCOR received the Indira Super Achiever's Award from Indira Group Institute, Pune.
- CONCOR Team secured First Prize in the First Labour Quiz sponsored jointly by GAIL & SAIL.
- CONCOR received the 1st Northern India Multimodal Logistics Awards for ICD & Rail Operator of the Year during Conquest -2011 International Conference & EXPO held at New Delhi during January 2011.
- CONCOR received the first ever award called All India Maritime and Logistics Awards, 2010 (MALA) for “Inland Container Depot Operator of the year” from Exim India & Fairplay Exposition Group. The award was conferred during a function held in Mumbai.
- CONCOR’s Inland Container Depot (ICD), Dadri has been selected for Annual Indian Maritime Awards 2010 for “ICD of the year” for high level of the reliability in customer service during the year 2009-10.
- CONCOR received the prestigious Dun & Bradstreet – Rolta Corporate Awards-2010 for being the Top Indian Company in “Transport & Logistics Sector”
- CONCOR received the prestigious 3rd South East CEO Conclave and Awards 2011 in the category of “Inland Container Depot”
- CONCOR was awarded 2nd All India - maritime and Logistics Awards 2011 for best “Inland Container Depot operator of the year”
- CONCOR received the prestigious India Pride Awards - 2011 for being the Top Indian Company in “Transport Category” from Dainik Bhaskar & DNA Group
- CONCOR received the prestigious “Tamil Chamber of Commerce - EXIM Service Awards” in the category of “CFS Exports”.
- Prestigious PSE Excellence Award 2012 for being Best Financial Performer in the Miniratna and Others Category from Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Department of Public Enterprise (DPE) Govt. of India.
- Second Northern Indian Multi-Modal Logistics Award 2013 for Excellence in Logistics Sector for being adjudged the best ICD and Rail Operator (Public) for the year 2012.
- Third All India Maritime and Logistics Award 2012 for best “Inland Container Depot Operator (Public) of the year”.
- Prestigious Global HR Individual Excellence Award from IPE (Institute of Public Enterprise) for Shri Anil Kumar Gupta being recognized as CEO with HR Orientation.
- Prestigious SCOPE Meritorious Award for Corporate Social Responsibility & Responsiveness for the year 2011-12 from Honourable President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee
- Prestigious Dun & Bradstreet - Corporate Awards-2013 for being the Top Indian Company under the “Transport & Logistics Sector”.
- Fourth consecutive “Inland Container Depot Operator of the year” award at the ALL-India Maritime and Logistics Award (MALA).
- SKOCH Renaissance Award 2013 under category of ‘Services’
- The Dainik Bhaskar “India Pride Awards- 2013-2014” for creating excellence in Transport Sector.
- 'Navratna' status by the Government of India.
- Felicitation by Economic Times Group Co. (ET Edge) in recognition of outstanding efforts in Supply Chain Management & Logistics Industry in India.
- SKOCH Order of Merit in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
- Prestigious Dun & Bradstreet - CorporateAwards-2014 for the best company in Indian Logistics Services
- Exim India coveted prize of best Inland Container Depot operator of the year for 2013
- ‘Inland Container Depot & Rail Operator of the year (Public)’ award at Northern India Multimodal Logistics Award 2016
- ‘ET Logistics Award’ for the Inland Container Depot of the year 2014-15 for Khodiyar Terminal in North West Region by Economic Times, in the ‘Logistics Asia Expo’ at Gandhinagar.
- It was felicitated for its exemplary performance in the Corporate World and awarded as the top Enterprise in Transport and Logistics sector in May 2015. Subsequently, it also bagged award under category of Indian Public Sector Enterprise under the “Transportation Services” sector for the Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards in July 2015.
- It was honoured for “Creating Excellence in the Transport Sector” at the Dainik Bhaskar India Pride Awards 2014-15.
- Honoured for “Outstanding Contribution of PSUs in Transport Sector” at the Dainik Bhaskar 8th India Pride Awards 2016-17.
- Conferred the Dun & Bradstreet India’s Top PSU Awards 2016 under the ‘Transport Services’ sector.
- “Vigilance Excellence Award 2016” was conferred to CONCOR by Vigilance Study Circle at Hyderabad for conducting an outstanding study on Civil Works.
- “SKOCH BSE Awards 2016 for Achieving Market Leadership”.
- The Dun & Bradstreet India’s Top 500 Companies & Corporate Awards 2016 under the ‘Transportation & Logistics’ sector.
- Received Appreciation Memento during Global Economic Summit from All India Association of Industries at World Trade Centre, Mumbai
- The ‘Best ICD And Container Train Operator’ in the country in Conquest Annual Award 2017-18 at New Delhi
- Ranked 78 in the latest ranking released by Business India Super 100 companies of Corporate India, a massive jump from 103 rank of 2016.
- Awarded for 'Highest Wealth Creator - Market Returns Navratna - Non-Manufacturing' under India's Best PSU Awards 2017 by Dalal Street Investment Journal (DSIJ)
- CONCOR's Balasore terminal was chosen for 'Smart DCT award' by Maritime Gateway under Smart Logistics Award 2018 at Bhubaneswar
- CONCOR's ICD Sanathnagar was conferred with 'SMART LOGISTICS AWARD' by Maritime Gateway at the Smart Logistics Summit 2018 at Hyderabad
- Smart Railway Operator Award at Smart Logistics Summit at Kolkata
- Inland Container Depot & Rail Operator of The Year (Public) at Northern India Multimodal Logistics Awards at New Delhi
- Winner in the ‘Transport & Logistics Category’ at the Duns & Bradstreet Corporate Awards
- The Container Terminal Operator of the year award in South-East Cargo & Logistics Award 2019
- State Award from Karnataka, Chief Minister for Service Sector
- The prestigious Delhi Best Employer Brand Awards 2019
- The Gateway Awards 2019 in the category ‘Inland Container Depot of the year’
- The Punjab Logistic Leadership Awards 2019
- The prestigious CII SCALE Awards 2019 in the category ‘Container Logistics’
- Northern India Multimodal Logistics Award 2020 in the category Inland Container Depot & Rail Operator of the year
|Parent Organization||Container Corporation Of India Ltd.||Managing Director||V Kalyana Rama|