|Market Cap||7,649 Cr||EPS||2.2||High||484.2|
|Stock P/E||216.7||Net Profit Margin||2.6||Low||480.15|
|Market Cap||7,649 Cr||ROE||0.0%|
|P/B Ratio||28.8||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||61.7||Book Value||16.8|
About the Company
Chemplast Sanmar (CSL) is a specialty chemicals manufacturer in India with focus on specialty paste PVC resin and custom manufacturing of starting materials and intermediates for pharmaceutical, agro-chemical and fine chemicals sectors. CSL is one of India’s leading manufacturers of specialty paste PVC resin on the basis of installed production capacity, as of December 31, 2020. In addition, CSL is also the third largest manufacturer of caustic soda and the largest manufacturer of hydrogen peroxide in the South India region, on the basis of installed production capacity as of December 31, 2020 and one of the oldest manufacturers in the chloromethanes market in India. Pursuant to the CCVL Acquisition, it acquired 100.0% equity interest in CCVL that is the second largest manufacturer of suspension PVC resin in India and the largest manufacturer in the South India region, on the basis of installed production capacity as of December 31, 2020.
The company has four manufacturing facilities, of which three are located in Tamil Nadu at Mettur, Berigai and Cuddalore and one is located in Puducherry at Karaikal. Its integrated business model for production of specialty paste PVC resin and chloromethanes has been critical to its success. It has also leased a salt field from the Government of Tamil Nadu at Vedaranyam, Tamil Nadu. It has a strong focus on sustainability in all aspects of its operations. Its manufacturing facilities are certified ISO 9001:2015 for quality management systems and ISO 45001:2018 for occupational health and safety management systems, to the extent required. In addition, it has received the Indian Chemical Council certification ‘Responsible Care’ for maintaining best practices in its operations.
Business area of the company
The company is a leading specialty chemical manufacturer in India. The company is engaged in the manufacturing of specialty paste PVC resin, starting materials, and intermediates for agro-chemical, pharmaceuticals, agro-chemical, and fine chemical sectors. It also produces other types of chemicals such as Caustic Soda, Chlorochemicals, Hydrogen Peroxide, Refrigerant gas, and Industrial Salt.
Key awards, accreditations or recognitions
- 2017-18: Star Award from National Safety Council, Tamil Nadu Chapter, for promoting safety, health and management practices to the Company’s facilities at Mettur Facility II and Mettur Facility III.
- 2017-18: FICCI Sustainability Award for Excellence in Safety (Petrochemicals).
- 2017-18: Chemplast Sanmar, Karaikal won the Indian Chemical Council (“ICC”) award for Excellence in Management of Health and Safety 2017.
- 2019-20: British Safety Council’s Occupational Health and Safety Audit Five Star grading for CCVL.
- 2019-20: Indian Chemical Council ‘Certificate of Merit for Social Responsibility’ for 2018.
- 2019-20: ‘First price in manufacturing (large sector) at 8th FICCI Safety Systems Excellence Awards or Industry, 2019 (Mettur Plant III).
- 2019-20: Safety Award from the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health, Government of Tamil Nadu for achieving lowest weighted injury accident frequency rate at the Mettur Facility and achieving the longest injury free working at the Mettur Facility.
- 2019-20: Silver EcoVadis Medal from EcoVadis and the result places the Company among the top 25% of companies accessed by EcoVadis (Mettur Facility III).
Major events and milestones
- 1962: Incorporation of erstwhile Chemicals and Plastics India Limited.
- 1967: Commencement of manufacture of PVC resins at Mettur Facility.
- 1984: Investment in acquisition of shares of The Mettur Chemical and Industrial Corporation Limited (“MCIC”).
- 1988: Amalgamation of MCIC with the erstwhile Chemicals and Plastics India Limited pursuant to a scheme of amalgamation approved by the High Court of Madras by way of order dated November 27, 1989, effective from April 1, 1988.
- 1991: Erstwhile Chemicals and Plastics India Limited merged with Urethanes India Limited, pursuant to the CPIL Scheme of Amalgamation. As a part of the CPIL Scheme of Amalgamation, the name of the merged entity was changed from “Urethanes India Limited” to “Chemicals and Plastics India Limited”.
- 1992: The equity shares of Company were listed on BSE and Madras Stock Exchange Limited.
- 1995: The name of our Company was changed from “Chemicals and Plastics India Limited” to “Chemplast Sanmar Limited”.
- 1995: The equity shares of our Company were listed on NSE.
- 1997: Expansion of production capacity of PVC Resins to 60,000 TPA.
- 2003: Acquisition of Caustic Soda facility at Karaikal, Puducherry from Kothari Petrochemicals Limited.
- 2007: Commissioning of the marine terminal facility and the EDC Plant at Karaikkal, Puducherry.
- 2007: Commissioning of the project for conversion of the manufacturing process of Caustic Soda at Mettur Dam from Mercury to membrane.
- 2009: Greenfield suspension PVC facility commissioned at Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu along with a captive marine terminal facility (“S-PVC Undertaking”).
- 2012: Delisting of equity shares of the Company from Madras Stock Exchange Limited, BSE and NSE.
- 2013: Expanded capacities at (i) Mettur, Tamil Nadu, of Paste PVC resin to 66,000 TPA, and (ii) Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu, of S-PVC to Cuddalore 300,000 TPA.
- 2017: Purchase of Hydrogen Peroxide plant and machinery from Asian Peroxides Limited.
- 2019: Commissioning of Hydrogen Peroxide plant at Mettur, Tamil Nadu.
- 2019: Demerger of S-PVC Undertaking of the Company at Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu and vesting of such undertaking in CCVL pursuant to the Composite Scheme of Arrangement.
- 2019: Amalgamation of Sanmar Speciality Chemicals Limited with Company pursuant to the Composite Scheme of Arrangement.
- 2021: CCVL became a wholly owned subsidiary of Company pursuant to the CCVL Acquisition.
|Parent Organization||Chemplast Sanmar Ltd.||Managing Director||Ramkumar Shankar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|