|Market Cap||14,573 Cr||EPS||10.5||High||1363.15|
|Stock P/E||123.9||Net Profit Margin||-2.5||Low||1290.65|
|Market Cap||14,573 Cr||ROE||7.0%|
|P/B Ratio||3.9||Dividend Yield||0.4%|
|Industry P/E||38.2||Book Value||336.7|
About the Company
From a single-unit textile entity in 1897, Century Textiles and Industries Ltd has transformed into a commercial powerhouse with interests in diverse industries. Currently, the business house is a trendsetter in cotton textiles and also has a remarkable presence in the Pulp and Paper and Real Estate sectors.
The company very old legacy is built on its steadfast commitment to the development of the nation. Its unwavering focus on quality and innovation, combined with agility and customer centricity, leave it in good stead to capitalise on market opportunities and continue creating sustainable value for its stakeholders.
Business area of the company
The Company is principally engaged in manufacturing of Textiles, Cement, Pulp and Paper and Real estate.
Birla Estates: With an aim to deliver exceptional and premium LifeDesignedTM home and office spaces, the company marked its entry into the realty sector in 2016.
Birla Century: Birla Century’s USP is the customisation it offers to clients in terms of the weave, design and texture of products. At its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Gujarat, it produces a wide range of premium textiles which have applications in personal apparel and household linen.
Century Pulp and Paper: Century Pulp and Paper is a producer of excellent quality writing and printing paper, and a leading manufacturer of tissue and board, as well as Rayon Grade Pulp products.
Awards and Certifications
- 1st Manufacturing facility in India & 2nd in World to receive Gold Leed Certification.
- Membership and certification i.e. “BCI” - (Better Cotton Initiative) received from Switzerland, “Fair Trade” from Germany and “Cotton USA” from USA for supplying and sourcing of value added sustainable products.
- Certificate SA 8000 received from Bureau Veritas for Global Social Accountability covering compliances as per ILO guidelines.
- Upgraded the latest version of Oeko-Tex-Standard 100 from Hohenstein, Germany - for fabrics to meet the requirements of sustainability as per guidelines of ZDHC (Zero Discharge Hazardous Chemicals) and
- First Prize for “Overall Performance”, “General Workings” and “Training & Safety Performance” for its limestone mines during Annual Safety Celebrations - 2017 held under the aegis of Directorate General of Mines Safety, Bilaspur and Raigarh Region.
- First Prize for “Reclamation & Rehabilitation” for its limestone mines in the category of mechanized mines,
Chhattisgarh, during the Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week, Raipur Region 2017-18, held under the aegis of Indian Bureau of Mines, Raipur Region.
- 5 Star rating awarded by Indian Bureau of Mines, Ministry of Mines, Government of India to its limestone mines, for exemplary performance in implementation of Sustainable Development Framework during 2016-17, assessed under the Star Rating Systems during 3rd National Conclave on Mines & Minerals held at New Delhi.
- First Prize for “Maintenance of HEMM & Workshop”, “Welfare Amenities & OHS Facility”, “Crushing & Screening Plant” and “Afforestation” for its limestone mines during annual safety celebration -2018 held under the aegis of Directorate General of Mines Safety Bilaspur & Raigarh Region.
- National (FIMI) - Gem Granites Environment award 2017-18 for significant contribution to environment protection & sustainable mining from Hon’ble Minister of Mines, Govt. of India.
- First Prize for “Overall Performance”, “Safety Education”, “Use of Explosives & Dust Suppression”, “House Keeping & Supervision” and “Standard of Working” for its limestone mines in the category of fully mechanized mines during “Metalliferous Mines Safety Week 2018” held under the aegis of Directorate General of Mines Safety, Jabalpur Region.
- First Prize for “Overall Performance” and “Systematic & Scientific Development” for its limestone mines in the category of fully mechanized mines during “Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week 2018-19” from the Khan Khanij Pradushan Niyantran Evam Paryavaran Vikas Samiti, Jabalpur Region.
- First Prize for “Water Positivity” for its limestone mines during “Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week 2018-19” from the Khan Khanij Pradushan Niyantran Evam Paryavaran Vikas Samiti, Jabalpur Region.
- 5 Star rating awarded for “Sustainable Development Framework” for its limestone mines during “Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week 2018-19” from the Khan Khanij Pradushan Niyantran Evam Paryavaran Vikas Samiti, Jabalpur Region.
- Maihar Cement Employees’ Provident Fund has received Certificate of Appreciation for Best Performing Exempted Trust 2018 from Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India.
- The Birla Century Plant earned the Silver Medal from the International Research Institute for Manufacturing, India.
- Birla Century - Jhagadia certified as Best in class ‘A+’ category by Inditex for its Join Life (JL) Programme.
- Certified for organic production for Coop Naturaline, Switzerland.
- Successfully completed STeP renewal certification from Hohenstein Institute, Germany.
- Received PeTA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) label for producing vegan products.
- Successfully cleared the GRS (4.0) and RCS (2.0) for production of recycled products.
- 1897: ‘The Century Spinning & Manufacturing Co. Ltd.’ founded as a one-plant company to process cotton.
- 1951: The company came under the fold of Birla management and Shri B. K. Birla was roped in to look after the affairs of the company.
- 1956: Century Rayon was inaugurated.
- 1963: Viscose tyre yarn/ cord plant established in collaboration with Algemene Kuntzidjeume NV, Netherlands and Glanzstoff AG, Germany.
- 1964: Diversification into chemicals; Establishment of an additional caustic soda plant with mercury cell process.
- 1974: Foray into the cement sector with the launch of Birla Gold Portland brand and a 0.6 MTPA Baikunth plant.
- 1984: Diversification into the pulp and paper business with the 400-acre Lalkuan plant.
- 1987: Company renamed as ‘Century Textiles and Industries Limited’.
- 2008: A state-of-the-art, 100-acre textile mill set-up at Jhagadia in Bharuch, Gujarat.
- 2008: Textile business reinstated after closure of mills in Mumbai.
- 2016: Forayed into the realty sector with Birla Estates.
- 2016: Launched LifeDesigned workspaces - Birla Aurora and Birla Centurion.
- 2019: Demerger of the Cement Division; to be merged with UltraTech.
- 2019: Launch of Birla Vanya in Kalyan and Birla Alokya in Bengaluru.
- 2019: Textile business forayed into e-commerce in the US through Amazon.
- 2019: Green and innovative value-added products to replace plastics launched using biodegradable board under the Pulp and Paper business.
|Parent Organization||Century Textiles & Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||RK Dalmia|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|