About the Company
Caplin Point Laboratories was established in 1990 to manufacture a range of ointments, creams and other external applications. The Company was listed in 1994; the IPO proceeds were deployed in a manufacturing facility in Pondicherry. The promoters exposed their lives to physical risk when they ventured into war-affected countries more than two decades ago. The Company ventured into the emerging markets of West Africa, Latin America and The Caribbean to market finished formulations. The Company’s asset-light marketing business model has helped generate the resources to build world-class infrastructure.
The success of Caplin Point is primarily attributed to its unique business model. Starting of as an SME, Caplin Point decided at an early stage that the conventional style of exports would mean diminishing margins and reduced opportunities for expansion, and had taken the unique step of creating last mile logistical solutions for its exclusive distributors across Latin America and various parts of Africa. This way, Caplin Point is able to generate adequate revenue and cash flow to remain debt-free with benchmark receivables, and also continue to invest in state of the art manufacturing facilities from internal accruals. One of the main reasons for the success can be attributed to the wide range of products offered across diverse geographies.
Business area of the company
Caplin Point is the mid-sized company in India’s pharmaceutical sector to be engaged in the manufacture of APIs, finished formulations, research & development, clinical research, frontend generic presence in Latin America, brand marketing in Francophone Africa and an USFDA approved injectable facility.
- Liquid Injections
- Lyophilised Injections
- Liquid Orals
- Softgel Capsules
- Suppositories & Ovules
- Powder for Injection
- Dry syrup
- Liquid Injections
- IV Infusion
- Lyophilised Products
- Branded Products
- Dermo Cosmetics
Awards and recognitions
- 2014: Forbes Asia Best under a Billion Award - 2014.
- 2015: Forbes Asia Best under a Billion Award - 2015.
- 2016: Forbes Asia Best under a Billion Award - 2016.
- 2017: Nanayam Vikatan’s Gold Phoenix Award to Mr. C C Paarthipan.
- 2017: Financial express CFO Awards 2017 (Second Rank).
- 2017: IPF’s industrial Excellance Award.
- 2018: The Economic Times - Family Business of the year Award.
- 2018: Pharmexcil Outstanding Exports Award 2018.
- 2018: The Economic Times Award for Excellence in Business Performance.
- 2019: Empowering India Awards 2019 in Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Bio-Technology Segment.
|Parent Organization||Caplin Point Laboratories Ltd.||Managing Director||Sridhar Ganesan|