About the Company
Bedmutha Industries was incorporated in the year August 23, 1990. Earlier, the name of the company was Bedmutha Wire Company that was later changed to its present name and a fresh Certificate of Incorporation was obtained from Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra on November 18, 2009. Kachardas R. Bedmutha is the founder of the company.
The company started its commercial production in the year 1992 by setting up its first galvanized wire plant at Nashik with an installed capacity of 3600 MTPA. Over the years, the company enhanced its capacity from 3600 MTPA to 25300 MTPA by setting up three more galvanizing lines at the existing location. The company operates in four manufacturing units in and around Nashik, which are strategically located in proximity to the source of raw materials and markets.
Range of products:
The company offers a wide range of wire and wire products that are approved by the Bureau of Indian Standards, Power Grid Corporation and state electricity boards. Two of the plants -- galvanized wires and manufacturing binding wire, PC wire and spring steel wire -- are certified under ISO 9001 from Bureau Veritas Certification (India) Private Limited.
Following are its products:
Galvanized wires, cable armour wires, ACSR wires , wire nails, earth wires, stay wires, spring steel wires, barbed wires, etc. The products are used in various areas such as roads, bridges, flyovers, power, automobile, engineering, agriculture, railways and defence.
Kamalasha Infrastructure & Engineering Private Limited (KIEPL) is the subsidiary company, which is been promoted for implementation of turnkey contracts for infrastructure namely in power, roads, railways, etc. KIEPL has been awarded a sub-contract of Rs 60 crore in the Dharangaon Division by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL). This subsidiary offers a direct synergy in terms of consuming GI wire, stay wire from its wire unit and also offers an indirect synergy by consuming PSC poles, cables, conductors which consumes wire produced by the company.
The company has also invested 49% in Ashoka Pre-con Private Limited (APPL) in the year 2008 along with Ashoka Buildcon Limited, to manufacture pre stress concrete products such as cement poles, RCC pipes, cement, piles, railway sleepers, etc. APPL has commenced commercial production and has begun supplying electrical cement poles for the infra projects launched by MSEDCL. This investment offers a direct synergy in terms ofconsuming GI Wire, MS Wire and PC Wire from its wire unit.
- 1990 - Year of Incorporation
- 1992 - Commenced commercial production of its first galvanized plant with installed capacity of 3600 MTPA
- 1994 - De-bottling of existing plant, thereby increasing the capacity from 3600 MPTA to 6100 MTPA
- 1994 - Approved Vendor of Maharashtra State Electricity Board
- 1996 - Approved Vendor of Gujarat Electricity Board and Karnataka Electricity Board
- 1997 - Expansion by adding second galvanized plant of 5400 MTPA and total capacity of 11,500 MPTA
- 1998 - Backward integration by acquiring the wire drawing capacity from Kamal Wire with a capacity of 16,800 MTPA in Sinnar, Nashik.
- 1999 - Approved Vendor of Rajastan Electricity Board
- 2000 - Test Engineers and Associates was taken over by Bedmutha Industries Limited
- 2001 - Acquired Deemed Export Order from Rajasthan State Electricity Board (RSEB) under World Bank Tender.
- 2003 - Third galvanizing plant was installed adding 5300 MTPA
- 2004 - ISO 9001:2000 certifications obtained
- 2005 - Wire drawing capacity was enhanced from 16,800 MPTA to 18,000 MTPA
- 2006 - Approved Vendor of Power Grid Corporation
- 2007 - Fourth galvanizing plant was installed taking total galvanizing capacity from 16,800 MTPA to 25,300 MTPA
- 2008 - Expansion of wire & wire products capacity from 18,000 MTPA to 42,100 MTPA and installation of wire nails capacity of 1800 MTPA and stranding capacity of 2400 MTPA
- 2008 - Order of Amalgamation passed by the Bombay High Court of Ajay Wire Products Private Ltd., Kamdhenu Wire Private Ltd. and Shriram Wire Private Ltd with Bedmutha Industries Limited u/s.391-394 of Companies Act, 1956 in August 2008. Set up wind mill in Karnataka with power generation capacity of 225 KW. Spin-off of K.R. Bedmutha Techno & Associates consultancy division into a separate entity. Wire drawing capacity enhanced from 42,100 to 60,000 MTPA and PC wire line with a capacity of 10,800 MTPA
- 2009 - Name changed to Bedmutha Industries Ltd
- 2009 - Acquired 51% stake in Kamlasha infrastructure and Engineering Pvt. Ltd for implementation of turnkey contract of electrification.
The company is also pursuing initiatives for setting up galvanizing plant with latest technology with capacity of 48000 TPA and manufacturing of aluminum rods and conductors with capacity of about 42000 TPA.
|Parent Organization||Bedmutha Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Vijay K Vedmutha|