|Market Cap||21,299 Cr||EPS||24.2||High||1663|
|Stock P/E||68.6||Net Profit Margin||11.2||Low||1628|
|Market Cap||21,299 Cr||ROE||5.8%|
|P/B Ratio||13.8||Dividend Yield||0.8%|
|Industry P/E||101.0||Book Value||120.2|
About the Company
Bata India has incorporated as Bata Shoe Company Private Limited in 1931. The company was set up initially as a small operation in Konnagar (near Calcutta) in 1932. In January 1934, the foundation stone for the first building of Bata’s operation - now called the Bata. In the years that followed, the overall site was doubled in area. This township is popularly known as Batanagar. It was also the first manufacturing facility in the Indian shoe industry to receive the ISO: 9001 certification. The company went public in 1973 when it changed its name to Bata India. Today, Bata India has established itself as India’s largest footwear retailer. Its retail network of several stores gives it a reach / coverage that no other footwear company can match. The stores are present in good locations and can be found in all the metros, mini-metros and towns. Bata’s smart looking new stores supported by a range of better quality products are aimed at offering a superior shopping experience to its customers. The company also operates a large non retail distribution network through its urban wholesale division and caters to millions of customers through many dealers.
Business area of the company
The company is the largest retailer and leading manufacturer of footwear in India and is a part of the Bata Shoe Organization. The company’s four state-of-the-art production facilities are located strategically across India, producing all kinds of footwear. Currently, the company owns brands like Mocassino, Hush Puppies, Scholls, North Star, Power, Marie Claire, Bubblegummers, Ambassador, Comfit.
- 'Brand Equity' recognized Bata in the 'TOP 50 Most Trusted Brands'.
- Listed amongst India's Largest Corporations by Fortune India Magazine.
- Received Images Fashion Award for the Most Admired Retail Partner of the Year.
- Received the ‘Most Admired Footwear Brand’ of the year award by Images Fashion Forum.
- Awarded ‘Retailer of Year (Footwear/Non Apparel)’ by the Asia Retail Congress at Mumbai.
- Received the ‘Most Admired Footwear Brand’ of the year award by Images Fashion Forum in Mumbai.
- Amity University awarded Bata India ‘Corporate Excellence Award for the Best Retail Chain’.
- Recognized as the Most Trusted Brand at 18th position by the Brand Trust Report.
- Awarded the ‘SUPERBRANDS’ status again for the year 2012.
- Brand equity recognized Bata as one of the 'Top most trusted brands' in November 2012.
- Awarded the 'Most Admired Large Format Multi Brand Footwear Retailer of the Year - National Chain' by the Images Shoes & Accessories forum.
- Awarded the 'Customer & Brand Loyalty Award in the Footwear Sector ' from AIMIA.
- The Brand Trust Report recognized Bata India as the most trusted brand at the 18th position.
- Bagged the No. 1 position in the FOOTWEAR category by Brand Equity.
- Awarded Images Most Admired National Footwear Retail Chain of the Year.
- Ranked at the 11th position by DNA Newspaper on the basis of a survey conducted by research firm TRA amongst the top Brands in India.
- 'Pitch Top 50 Brands 2014' Awards by Pitch Magazine.
- 'Platinum Awards Winner-2014'- Reader's Digest Trusted Brands by India Today.
- 'The Economic Times Best 200 Brands in India' by The Economic Times.
- 'Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards -2014' by Dun & Bradstreet.
- Brand Equity recognized BATA in the ‘Top 50 Most Trusted Brands’ of the Country and recognized BATA at the 9th position.
- 'Delhi NCR's Hot 50 Brands' Awards by Hindustan Times.
- 'Golden Global Achiever's' Awards by Institute of Economic Studies.
- 'Child's Most Popular Award - 2014' by The Child Magazine.
- Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards-2015.
- The Most Trusted Brand-Brand Trust Report, India Study 2015.
- Best Footwear Brand 2015 - Brand with outstanding e-Retail Performance and re-design/re-launch of the Year by Franchise India.
- IMAGES Most Admired Footwear Brand of the year 2017 at the 18th Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards.
- Featured among AFAQ’S 2017 India’s Buzziest Brands.
- Dun & Bradstreet corporate award 2017.
- Awarded for Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year at India Fashion Forum.
- Awarded as Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year (FOOTWEAR) at 19th Annual IMAGES Fashion Awards.
- Awarded for Outstanding Sales in 2017-18 for Hush Puppies.
- Named the Champion in Supplier Development at 11th CII National Competitiveness and Cluster Summit, 2018.
- Named the 2018 Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brand.
- Best Customer Retail Experience’2019 Awarded by Customer Fest Awards.
- Most Admired Fashion Brand of The Year (Footwear)’ 2019 Awarded by Images Fashion Awards.
- Most Influential Brand of The Year’2019 Awarded by Images Fashion Awards.
- Best Innovation in Retention Strategy’2019 Awarded by RAI.
- Silver Kaizen for ‘5S & Safety’ Awarded at 12th CII National Competitiveness & Cluster Summit 2019.
- Marquee 2019 Award by AdClub.
- Winner ‘Zero Defect Manufacturing’ Case Study Awarded at 12th CII National Competitiveness & Cluster Summit 2019.
- Recognition for ‘OEM Initiative For Supplier Development’ Awarded at 12th CII National Competitiveness & Cluster Summit 2019.
- Winner ‘Cluster Approach On Supplier Development’ Awarded at 12th CII National Competitiveness & Cluster Summit 2019.
|Parent Organization||Bata India Ltd.||Managing Director||Gunjan Shah|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|