About the Company
Ballarpur Industries (BILT) was incorporated in 1945 as Ballarpur Paper and Straw Board Mills and created brands like ‘Three Aces’ for paper and ‘Wisdom’ for stationary. In 1969 the company merged with Shree Gopal Mills. The name was changed to Ballapur Industries in 1975.
It entered the industrial paper segment in the year 1988. Today, the company is a market leader of Indian paper industry and is part of the $3 billion Avantha Group.
Its manufacturing facilities are located at Ballarpur and Bhigwan (
BILT’s subsidiary, BILT Tree Tech is focused on developing core competency in forestry and is manned by experienced forestry professionals.
The company holds 85% share of the bond paper market and nearly 45% share of the hi-bright Maplitho market in
It manufactures wide range of papers such as coated wood free, uncoated wood free, copy paper, packaging, business stationery, industrial grades and speciality and fine paper.
The company has launched a premium range of paper stationery products under brand name BILT Matrix.
BILT was awarded the Golden Peacock Global Award for Corporate Social Responsibility by the World Council for Corporate Governance.
The company received the Indian Manufacturing Excellence Award in the year 2006.
It also bagged Safety Innovation Award (2006) from Safety and Quality Forum.
• 1990: Sewa Paper Mills acquired
• 1992: Choudwar unit acquired
• 1994: US $ 35 million FCCB Issue launched
• 2000: Business portfolio restructuring completed
• 2001: Sinar Mas Pulp and Paper (India) Limited acquired and renamed Bilt Graphic Papers Limited (BGPL)
• 2002: New Corporate Identity initiative. Genesis of BILT
• 2003: BILT Graphic Papers Limited merged with BILT, US $ 80 million raised through FCCB and GDS Issue
The company has signed a Share Purchase Agreement with Premier Tissues India (PTIL) and its shareholders for acquiring entire paid-up capital of PTIL for a consideration of around Rs 76.52 crore.
|Parent Organization||Ballarpur Industries Ltd.||Managing Director|