About the Company
Bajaj Finance (BFL) is a deposit-taking Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC-D) registered with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). It is a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv. The company is engaged in the business of lending and acceptance of deposits. The company has a diversified lending portfolio across retail, SMEs and commercial customers with a significant presence in urban and rural India. It accepts public and corporate deposits and offers variety of financial services products to its customers.
The company has implemented various Machine Learning (ML) models in addition to classical logistic regressive models. It is also investing deeply in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for new acquisition and propensity management. These state of-the-art technologies enable decision engines with real time processing capabilities. These also enable unique customer propositions like ‘get now’ and ‘straight through processing’ to constantly push towards a smoother and frictionless experience for its customers. While doing so, BFL is conscious of customer’s privacy and ensures customer consent is obtained for any cross-sell offerings.
BFL has been at the forefront of technology adoption among NBFCs, and has continuously leveraged existing and emerging technologies to launch new products, enhance customer acquisition and servicing processes along with simplifying the back-office. In doing so, it has invested in tools, technologies and practices for robust and expeditious ‘Development-toOperations’ implementation to enable delivery of applications and services at a high velocity. To facilitate rapid development and operational use of technology, BFL has restructured its technology organisation by hosting development, operations, quality assurance and security teams in a single unit to deliver fully integrated and tested application lifecycles.
Business area of the company
Bajaj Finance is one of the largest players in the burgeoning consumer finance segment in India and a pioneer in introducing interest-free EMI finance options in many categories, ranging from consumer durables to lifestyle products to groceries. Apart from consumer finance, the company also has substantial business penetration in SME, commercial and rural lending. It has deeply invested in Application Programme Interface (API) to integrate specialized applications with customer facing interfaces like web portals, app infrastructure and BOTS on to a micro services architecture supported by platform as a service (PaaS) infrastructure.
- Durable Finance
- Lifestyle Finance
- Digital Product Finance
- EMI Card
- 2 & 3 Wheeler Finance
- Personal Loan
- Loan against FD
- Extended warranty
- Gold Loan
- Home Loan
- Retail EMI
- Retailer Finance
- Co-branded Credit Card
- Co-branded Wallet
- Home Loan
- Loan against Property
- Gold Loan
- Lease rental discounting
- Business Loan
- Loan Against Shares
- Professional Loan
- Working Capital Loans
- Developer Finance
- Used Car Finance
- Vendor Financing
- Large Value Lease Rental Discounting
- Loans against Securities
- Financial Institutions Lending
- Light Engineering Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Warehouse Financing
- Fixed Deposit
- Mutual Funds
- BFL won TISS LeapVault CLO Award in Best Virtual Learning Program category.
- BFL has been ranked 16th among the top 25 best places to work in Asia by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- BFL has been recognised as one of the Best Employers in India, for the third year in a row in the AON Hewitt Best Employers Study, 2016.
- BFL’s Human Resource department won this award in the Best Simulation Based Program category for its ‘Super Manager Studio Online and Offline Training Program.
- The company’s Audit Committee was awarded the ‘Best Audit Committee Award 2016’ by the Asian Centre for Corporate Governance and Sustainability at the 4th Asia Business Responsibility Summit.
- Featured among the ‘Top 18 Best Employers in India’, 2017 by Aon Hewitt.
- India’s Best Companies to work for 2017, by the ‘Great Places to Work’.
- Awarded ‘India's Leading NBFC - Other than Infrastructure Financing’ by Dun and Bradstreet.
- Awarded ‘Best NBFC of the Year 2017’ by Outlook Money for value proposition and innovations.
- The Mint Corporate Strategy Award, recognizing excellence in corporate governance.
- Ranked amongst Top 25 Best Large Workplaces in Asia, 2018, by the ‘Great Places to Work’.
- Featured amongst the ‘Best Employers in India’, 2017 by Aon Hewitt.
- ‘Outstanding Company of the Year’ at CNBC Indian Business Leader Awards to Bajaj Finance.
- Ranked 9th amongst 'Top 25 Best Large Workplaces in Asia', 2019, by ‘Great Places to Work’ institute.
- Ranked among the Top 25 Best Large Workplaces in Asia, 2019, (Rank 9) by the ‘Great Places to Work’ Institute.
- Recognised among organisations having more than 10,000 employees by the ‘Great Place to Work’ Institute.
- India’s Best Companies to Work for 2019, by the ‘Great Place to Work’ Institute.
- Featured among the ‘Best Employers in India’, 2019, by Aon Hewitt.
- FE India’s Best Banks Awards–Best NBFC of the Year 2017-18, for Bajaj Finance.
- Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence-Company of the Year for BFL.
|Parent Organization||Bajaj Finance Ltd.||Managing Director||Rajeev Jain|