About the Company
The company was incorporated on March 3, 1997 as ‘Apollo Micro Systems Private Limited’, a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 with the certificate of incorporation issued by Registrar of Companies, Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad. The company was then converted into a public limited company on April 1, 2017 and subsequently the name of the company was changed to ‘Apollo Micro Systems Limited’ pursuant to a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon conversion issued by Registrar of Companies, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana at Hyderabad.
The company is an electronic, electro-mechanical, engineering designs, manufacturing and supplies company. It designs, develops and sells high-performance, mission and time critical solutions to Defence, Space and Home Land Security for Ministry of Defence, government controlled public sector undertakings and private sectors. The company’s customised solutions are developed using common hardware and software technology IP’s which can be re-configured to suit the end application and domain requirements of end customer. The huge repository of knowledge and technology base that the company has developed since inception is a strong base to outperform the competition and be abreast in the market. This supports the company to constantly upgrade the technologies to meet present and futuristic requirements of its customers.
The company has its participation in several Indigenous Missile programmes, underwater electronic warfare, underwater missiles, surface to air missiles, nuclear missile programmes, surface to surface missile programmes, indigenous submarine programmes UAV’s long and short endurance, ships, space programmes. The solutions offered by it were used by its customers during development and user trials on account of which these solutions are qualified to be a part of supply chain in production phase. The defence and space solutions require expertise in advanced technology development and engineering knowledge to make the systems withstand harsh environmental conditions. The company has proven track record of executing projects which are qualified in several programmes.
Business area of the company
The company offers custom built COTS (Commercially off-the shelf) solutions based on specific requirements to defence and space customers. The systems undergo various stages of approvals right from design, prototyping, functional acceptance, manufacturing and qualification testing. As the systems are exclusively developed for a programme, the developed systems enjoy proprietary status. Thus specially developed and approved systems have no competition.
Major events and milestones
- 2000: First Indigenous Pay-Load Checkout System supplied to ISRO replacing Legacy ImportedSystems.
- 2004: Certificate of Quality System Assessment for design, development and manufacturing of electronic systems including hardware and software in conformity with ISO 9001 and Q9001:2000.
- 2006: Supply of signal analyser cards to Naval Science and Technological Lab.
- 2012: Certificate of conformity with ISO 9001:2008 for design, development and manufacturing of electronic systems including hardware and software.
- 2012: Certificate of registration as vendor of scientific instruments with Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur.
- 2013 Certificate of registration as vendor of electronics and control system with Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- 2013: Certificate of registration as assembler, manufacturer, fabricator and serice contractor with Defence Electronics Research Lab, Ministry of Defence.
- 2014: Certificate of registration as manufacturer with Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
- 2014: Certificate of registration as approved vendor for supplier of mechanical power transmission equipment, metalworking machinery etc. with Research Centre IMARAT, Hyderabad.
- 2015: Certificate for recognition of organizing National Level Vendor Development Programmethe company reached a turnover of Rs 100 crore.
- 2015: The company reached a turnover of Rs 100 crore.
- 2016: The company got registered as a vendor of test equipment (outsourcing) with HindustanAeronautics Limited.
- 2016: The company received management system certificate for conforming the quality management system standard ISO 9001: 2015 for design, development and manufacturing of electronic systems including hardware and software.
- 2017: The company received the design approval certificate from Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification.
- 2017: Conversion of the company into Public Limited Company.
|Parent Organisation||Apollo Micro Systems Ltd.||Managing Director||Karunakar Reddy Baddam|