About the Company
Andhra Sugars Limited was established on the August 11, 1947. It has used locally available renewable resources to produce value-added products, generating employment for the rural population and helping in boosting the rural economy.
The company developed at its R&D facility process technologies for its Chlorosulphonic Acid, Aspirin, UDMH and MMH plants and considerably improved upon the process technology of its Acetic Acid - Acetic Anhydride plant.
The company’s sugar plant is the only one in the country that successfully operates the diffusion process in sugar production, with diffusers that were built and commissioned by it using technology from Desmet of Belgium.
Business area of the company
The company is a leading manufacturers of Sugar, Industrial Alcohol, & Chlor Alkali Products, Aspirin, Sulphuric Acid, Liquid & Solid Propellants, and also generating power through renewable and non-renewable resources.
Sugars: The company’s operations commenced in 1952 at Tanuku with a modest Sugar factory of 600TCD crushing
Chemicals & Fertilizers: The company has diversified operations by setting up a Chemicals & Fertilizer division in 1960 at Kovvur.
Pharma: It is the first Indian company to develop indigenous technology for the manufacture of Aspirin.
|Parent Organization||The Andhra Sugars Ltd.||Managing Director||P Narendranath Chowdary|