About the Company
Alphageo (India) Limited was incorporated in 1987. The company is headquartered in Hyderabad, India. In 1990, It has emerged as the first Indian private Company to commence seismic operations in India and is the only Indian geophysical company providing comprehensive services covering on land seismic data acquisition, processing and interpretation. It is India’s oldest and largest private sector provider of seismic survey services to the rapidly growing oil exploration and production sector.
It had acquired speculative seismic data as a Joint venture partner (JV) with Directorate General of Hydrocarbons, DGH in Ganga Valley and Vindhyan basins. These basins are considered to be potential hydrocarbon bearing basins with thick sedimentary column. The data is available for sale to interested parties from DGH.
The company had acquired 64-sq km 3D Canoro Resources Limited, a Canadian E&P company, at Amguri This was its first 3D contract. Much of Alpha's work was with Oil India Limited India and in January, it began two 3D contracts in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh for the company in joint venture with Kansas-based Paragon Geophysical Services Inc... The Company was upbeat about its prospects for the next year, particularly about NELP-VI terms that oblige a minimum 2D work programme
It is engaged in providing seismic survey services to the oil exploration and production sector. Its comprehensive service range makes it possible for customers generally oil and gas exploration companies - to identify subterranean deposits with efficiency and effectiveness.
The company provides various services, including design and preplanning of 2D and 3D surveys; seismic data acquisition in 2D and 3D; seismic data processing and reprocessing/special processing; seismic data interpretation; generation, evaluation, and ranking of prospects; reservoir data acquisition; reservoir analysis. It also offers topographic surveys with GPS and RTK; tape transcription; digitization of hard copies of maps, seismic sections, and well logs into CGM, SEGY, and LAS formats; and third party quality checking for acquisition and processing.
It provides the entire spectrum of seismic and related services including acquisition, processing and interpretation of seismic data. Till FY05, the company was active primarily in the 2D seismic data acquisition business and having acquired capabilities in 3D data acquisition over the years; the company presently has four 3D crews and a channel count of over 10,000. It enjoys multi terrain capability across North-East, Western and Southern India help in mitigating the seasonality pattern resulting from the suspension of operations during the monsoon season in the North-East region.
- 1990-Emerged as the first private Indian player to commence seismic operations in India.
- 1991-Became the first Indian contractor to regularly offer onsite processing, leading to enhanced quality control across all contracts.
- 1994-Acquired two state-of-the-art 24-bit telemetry systems Input/Output System 2 units.
- 1997 -Became the only Indian geophysical company to provide comprehensive services covering seismic data acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- 2006 -Acquired two state-of-the-art 24-bit delta sigma technology Input/Output System 4 units for 3D seismic surveys.
- 2007-Acquired an additional Input/Output SCORPION recording systems for undertaking 3D surveys.
- 2008 -Increased installed capacity by increasing channel count from 7500 to 10000 in Dec 2007 - invested Rs.140 mn
|Alphageo (India) Ltd.