Gammon Infrastructure Projects Limited ('GIPL') is an infrastructure project development company incorporated on April 23, 2001 by Gammon India Limited, to participate in the development of infrastructure projects on a public private partnership ('PPP') basis.
GIPL is among the first companies in India to be modeled as an infrastructure developer holding company with investments spread across various sectors.Today, GIPL leads Gammon Group's forays into development of infrastructure projects on PPP basis across sectors such as Roads & Expressways, Ports, HydroPower, Urban infrastructure, Airports, Special Economic Zones, Water and Wastewater management, Railways, Power Transmission lines, and Agricultural Infrastructure.
Its promoter is Gammon India Limited, which is a leading civil engineering and construction company in India, with over 85 years of experience in this sector. Gammon India Limited was established by the late J. C. Gammon in 1919 as a firm of Civil Engineers & Contractors, which in 1922 was incorporated as a company under the name of J. C. Gammon (Bombay) Ltd.
The company is modelled as a project developer company, which invests in SPVs for infrastructure projects. It also,presently, handle O&M contracts directly in the road sector.It operate as an overall infrastructure holding company with interests in SPVs responsible for carrying on specific projects being undertaken by us. Currently, there are four SPVs in operation. Such SPVs include its subsidiaries and companies formed with other partners where it do not hold a majority share.
GIPL is present in the following areas of Infrastructure development:
- Project Development
- Project Advisory
- Sector Specific Operations & Maintenance
Projects undertaken : GIPL'S current portfolio of projects includes:
- Adityapur SEZ Limited
- Andhra Expressway Limited (AEL)
- Cochin Bridge Infrastructure Company Limited (CBICL)
- Gorakhpur Infrastructure Company Limited (GICL)
- Haryana Biomass Power Limited (HBPL) \
- Indira Container Terminal Private limited (ICTPL)
- Kosi Bridge Infrastructure Company Limited (KBICL)
- Mumbai Nasik Expressway Limited (MNEL)
- Pravara Co-Generation Power Project
- Punjab Biomass Power Limited (PBPL)
- Rajahmundry Expressway Limited (REL)
- Sikkim Hydro Power Ventures Limited (SHPVL)
- Tidong Hydro Power Limited (THPL)
- Vizag Seaport Private Limited (VSPL)
- 3-Dec-07 - License Agreement signed for Indira Container Terminal PrivateLimited
- 8-Aug-07 - Letter of Intent received for Mumbai Offshore Container Terminal
- 14-Jun-07 - Letter of Intent received for Adityapur SEZ
- 11-May-07 - Financial Closure achieved for Gorakhpur Infrastructure Company Limited
- 28-Apr-07 - Financial Closure achieved for Kosi Bridge Infrastructure Company Limited
- 9-Apr-07 - Letter of Intent received from government of Himachal Pradesh – Tidong
- 22-Nov-06 - Letter of Intent received from the HAREDA
- 6-Oct-06 - Concession Agreement signed for Kosi Bridge Infrastructure Company Limited
- 6-Oct-06 - Concession Agreement signed for Gorakhpur Infrastructure Company Limited
- 10-Aug-06 - Implementation cum power purchase agreement for Punjab Biomass Project Limited
- 1-Jun-06 - Financial Closure of Mumbai Nasik Expressway
- 19-Dec-05 - Preferential allotment of equity shares to AMIF I Ltd, Mauritius
- 8-Dec-05 - Concession Agreement signed for Rangit II Hydroelectric project
- 14-Oct-05 - Concession agreement signed for Mumbai Nasik Expressway
- 31-Jan-05 - “Take or Pay” agreement signed with SAIL
- 30-Oct-04 - COD achieved for the Dharmavaram Tuni Expressway
- 24-Sep-04 - COD achieved for berth EQ8 at Visakhapatnam port
- 20-Sep-04 - COD achieved for the Rajahmundry Dharmavaram Expressway
- 20-Sep-04 - REL Final Completion Certificate
- 15-Jul-04 - Put & Call Option agreement signed with IPS Limited
- 28-Apr-04 - Agreement with Lastin Holdings Limited signed in relation to equity stake in VSPL
- 13-Feb-02 - O&M Contract signed for the Rajahmundry Dharmavaram Expressway (REL to GIL)
- 28-Nov-01 - License obtained for 2 multipurpose berths at Visakhapatnam port
- 30-Oct-01 - Concession Agreement signed for the Dharmavaram Tuni Expressway
- 30-Oct-01 - Concession Agreement signed for the Rajahmundry Dharmavaram Expressway
- 26-Sep-01 - COD achieved for the New Matancherry Bridge
- 23-Apr-01 - Incorporation of the Company
- 27-Oct-99 - Concession was obtained for project on New Mattancherry bridge by entering into a Concession Agreement
- September 2010 - Gammon Infrastructure Projects achieved financial closure for a loan worth Rs 846 crore for Patna Highway Projects. The total estimated cost of the project is Rs 940 crore and the concession period of the project is 15 years including a construction period of 2.5 years.
- June 2010 - Gammon Infrastructure Projects’ special purpose vehicle (SPV) -- Punjab Biomass Power, in which it has 50% stake, commissioned its first biomass based plant of 12 MW at Patiala and started exporting power to the state grid. The plant has been designed to use biomass fuel such as rice straw / husk and has sufficient stocks of fuel to operate till the next harvesting season, beginning from September
- June 2010 – The company entered into a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) for the acquisition of an entity, which is setting up a 250 MW coal based power plant in Western India. With this acquisition it will now venture into thermal power generation. It already has hydro and biomass power projects under various stages of implementation.
- May 2010 - Gammon Infrastructure Projects’ subsidiary -- Mumbai Nasik Expressway -- started partial tolling operations at the Nasik end of the road stretch for 64 km, out of the total length of 100 km with effect from May 29, 2010.