Pharmaceuticals & Drugs
|Market Cap||3,672 Cr||EPS||11.2||High||333.95|
|Stock P/E||29.4||Net Profit Margin||22.3||Low||325.3|
|Market Cap||3,672 Cr||ROE||12.0%|
|P/B Ratio||2.9||Dividend Yield||1.5%|
|Industry P/E||40.7||Book Value||111.6|
About the Company
The company was incorporated as a private limited company on March 15, 1989 under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 as Advanced Biochemicals Private Limited in Maharashtra. Pursuant to a special resolution passed by the shareholders of the Company at the extra-ordinary general meeting held on April 21, 1992, the Company was converted into a public limited company and consequently the name of the Company was changed to Advanced Biochemicals Limited. A fresh certificate of change of name reflecting the new name was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra on May 28, 1992. Pursuant to a special resolution passed by the shareholders of their Company at the extra-ordinary general meeting held on August 8, 2005, the name of Company was further changed from Advanced Biochemicals Limited to Advanced Enzyme Technologies Limited. A fresh certificate of incorporation reflecting the new name was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra, Mumbai on August 19, 2005.
Advanced Enzymes is a research driven company with global leadership in manufacturing of enzymes and probiotics. It is the largest Indian enzyme company engaged in the research and development, manufacturing and marketing of huge proprietary products developed from various indigenous enzymes & probiotics. The company’s aim is to help consumers’ access side-effect free healthcare, help farmers enhance nutrition for animals, and also to help the industry replace traditional thermal-chemical-mechanical processes into enzyme passed processes.
Business area of the company
The company is a fully integrated enzyme manufacturing company driven by extensive focus on research and development (R&D) of various enzymes, enzyme blends, enzyme products and customized enzyme solutions. Its experienced and qualified R&D team strives to develop creative, cost-effective unique and innovative solutions, thereby enabling their customers to develop superior products and processes. The company products assist its customers in making most of their resources, optimizing their processes, improving their product quality, saving their time and money while also mitigating the impact on the environment. It supplies these value-added and eco-safe enzyme products to diverse end-user industries like human healthcare and nutrition, animal nutrition, food processing, baking, dairy and cheese processing, fruit and vegetable processing, cereal extraction, brewing, grain processing, protein processing, oil and fat processing, biomass processing, textile processing, leather processing, paper & pulp processing, bio-fuels, bio-catalysis etc. Although, the company has the capability to manufacture enzymes using all the four natural origins viz. plant, animal, bacterial and fungal, their major focus is on developing enzymes through microbial fermentation.
Products & Solutions
Human Nutrition: The company’s enzymes are being used by a wide range of customers globally as active ingredients in their pharmaceutical and nutraceutical formulations.
Animal Nutrition: By adding its enzymes to feed, the digestibility of the feed components can be enhanced considerably.
Food Processing: The company’s enzymes play an essential role in bringing more nutrition and appeal to food & beverages products, offering significant benefits beyond the scope of traditional alternatives.
Non-Food Processing: AETL offers eco-safe solutions for a variety of industries such as textiles, leather, detergent, paper & pulp which are used in manufacturing a wide range of products.
- 2010: Advanced Enzymes receives Bio-Excellence in Industrial Biotech!
- 2010: Advanced Enzymes wins the ‘Emerging India Awards 2010’ for Life sciences-Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals segment
- 2011: Dr. Anil Gupta, General Manager - R&D receives the 2011 Business Leader Award from CHEMTECH foundation
- 2012: Advanced Enzymes Technologies Limited-received most innovative exporter's award at 'ECGC organized - D&B Indian Exporters Excellence awards.
- 2013: Advanced Enzymes ranked amongst India’s Fastest-Growing Mid-Sized Cos.
- 2014: Advanced Enzymes receives Inc. India 500
- 2014: Advanced Enzymes receives Bio-Excellence in Industrial Biotech
- 2016: Advanced Enzymes Receives Best Nutraceutical Company of the Year Award
- 2017: Best IPO Award by IR Society
- 2018: FE CFO Awards 2018
History and Milestones
- 1958: Mr. L.C. Rathi sets up India's first enzyme manufacturing plant.
- 1978: Mr. L.C. Rathi pioneered the production of an enzyme called Papain.
- 1986L: Acquisition of Super Organic Research Laboratories (SORL) to begin extraction of several commercial enzymes.
- 1989: Establishment of Rathi Papains Pvt. Ltd. with Mr. L.C.Rathi and Mrs. Savita Rathi as it's founding directors.
- 1989: Advanced Biochemicals Private Ltd is incorporated to offer global and holistic enzyme solutions.
- 1991: Advanced Biochemicals commissioned its first fermentation facility at Sinnar, Maharashtra
- 1992: Advanced Biochemicals is converted from a private company to a public company and renamed as Advanced Biochemicals Limited
- 1993: Advanced Biochemicals sets up fermentation-based enzyme manufacturing plant with the help of foreign collaboration.
- 1994: SORL is merged with Advanced Biochemicals Ltd
- 1996: Advanced Biochemicals sets up a dedicated Application Research facility.
- 1997: Advanced Biochemicals turns around and reports its first profits.
- 2001: Advanced Biochemicals' in-house R&D labs at Thane and Sinnar are recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- 2003: Sinnar Factory receives ISO 9001:2000 Systems certification.
- 2004: Advanced Biochemicals is ranked as the largest domestic manufacturer of Industrial Enzymes.
Advanced Biochemicals files its first patent.
- 2005: Advanced Biochemicals Limited is renamed as Advanced Enzyme Technologies Limited (or Advanced Enzymes).
- 2005: Sinnar Factory receives WHO CGMP certification.
- 2006: Advanced Enzymes acquires 10 Acre land at Pitampur SEZ near Indore to setup state-of-the-art export oriented facility.
- 2007: Phase I of the export oriented fermentation facility is completed at Pitampur SEZ near Indore.
- 2008: Advanced Enzytech Solutions Ltd (Enzytech) is established as a subsidiary of Advanced Enzymes to cover non-food processing divisions.
- 2009: Advanced Enzyme Far East Ltd., a subsidiary of Advanced Enzymes is dedicated to serving the Chinese market.
- 2010: Advanced Enzymes is honoured with the 'Emerging India Awards 2010' for Life Science - Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals segment organized by ICICI Business Banking and CNBC TV18.
- 2010: Advanced Enzymes receives the Bio-Excellence 2010 award as the Best Industrial Biotech Company of the year by the department of IT-BT & ST, Govt. of Karnataka.
- 2011: Advanced Enzymes expands its presence in the US with the takeover of Cal India Foods International (Specialty Enzymes and Biotechnologies) as a step down subsidiary.
- 2012: Advanced Enzymes consolidates it presence in the US with the take over of Advanced Supplementary Technologies Corporation as a step down subsidiary.
- 2012: Advanced Enzymes is awarded 1st runner-up as the Most Innovative Exporter by ECGC - D&B Indian Exporters' Excellence Awards 2012.
- 2012: Phase II of fermentation facility is inaugurated at Pitampur SEZ near Indore.
- 2012: Advanced Enzymes receives its first US patent.
- 2013: Advanced Enzymes is ranked amongst the top 500 as part of Inc. India's fastest-growing mid-sized companies' list for 2012.
- 2014: Advanced Enzymes has received the Bio-Excellence award for being the Best Industrial Biotech Company at Bangalore India Bio 2014 event - the premier Biotechnology event in the country.
- 2014: Advanced Enzymes is ranked amongst the top 500 of India’s fastest-growing mid-sized companies list for 2013 by Inc. India.
- 2016: Conducts IPO & lists itself on the Indian Stock Exchanges.
- 2016: Acquires majority stake in JC Biotech.
- 2017: Acquired 100% stake in a German based company evoxx technologies GmbH.
- 2017: GRAS dossier was filed with USFDA
- 2018: 4 food enzymes got approved as a processing aid with Food Safety Standard Authority of India (FSSAI)
- 2018: 4 enzymes are registered with REACH –ECHA (European Chemical Agency)
|Parent Organization||Advanced Enzyme Technologies Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|