Cement & Construction Materials
|Market Cap||37,921 Cr||EPS||64.0||High||2193|
|Stock P/E||31.5||Net Profit Margin||8.7||Low||2013.75|
|Market Cap||37,921 Cr||ROE||6.2%|
|P/B Ratio||2.6||Dividend Yield||0.5%|
|Industry P/E||45.8||Book Value||789.1|
About the Company
ACC is a leading player in the Indian building materials space, with a pan-India manufacturing and marketing presence. Synonymous with cement, it has established reputation as a pioneer organisation that has consistently set new benchmarks with its innovative research and product development. ACC is a leading player in the Indian building materials space, with a pan-India operational and marketing presence.
ACC is a public Company domiciled in India and was incorporated on August 01, 1936 under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1913 applicable in India. Its shares are listed on The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) of India.
With its experience and expertise spanning over many decades, it have actively contributed to India’s progress. Its success over the years can be attributed to its conscious efforts to maintain enduring goodwill among its stakeholders. It has achieved this with an unrelenting focus on customer centricity, ethical business practices and sustainable development.
Business area of the company
ACC is principally engaged in the business of manufacturing and selling of Cement and Ready Mix Concrete. The Company has manufacturing facilities across India and caters mainly to the domestic market.
- Gold Range
- Silver Range
- Bulk Cement
- Construction Chemicals
- Ready Mixed Concrete
- Ready Mixed Concrete Value Added Products
- Digital and Customer Solutions
- Jamnalal Bajaj UCHIT VYAVAHAR PURASKAR - to ACC for 2008 for fair Business Practicesby Council for Fair Business Practices
- CNBC-TV18's India Business Leaders Awardin the category India Corporate Citizen of the Year 2008
- Best Audit Committee Award 2008by the Asian Centre of Corporate Governance & Sustainability and Indian Merchants' Chamber.
- Golden Peacock Award for Eco-Innovationby World Environment Foundation
- Safety Innovation Award 2008by the Institution of Engineers
- Greentech Gold Safety Awardby Greentech Foundation
- 9th Annual Greentech Environment Excellence Award 2008by Greentech Foundation
- Good Green Governance Award 2007by Srishti Publications
- Indian Merchants’ Chamber Ramkrishna Bajaj Performance Excellence Trophyawarded to Gagal Works and Certificate of Merit to Tikaria Works - in manufacturing sector
- National Award for Excellence in Water Managementby Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Energy Efficient Unitawarded to New Wadi Plant by CII under National Energy Awards 2008
- Vanvasi Sant Gahira Guruji Maharaj Chhattisgarh Environment Award 2008 by Environment Conservation Board, Chhattisgarh Government
- Indian Merchants’ Chamber Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Trophy2009 to ACC Gagal
- Indian Merchants’ Chamber Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Commendation Certificate2009 to ACC Sindri
- 8th Greentech Safety Award 2009in Gold category in cement sector to ACC Tikaria
- 8th Greentech Safety Gold Awardin cement sector Jamul
- 10th Greentech Environment Excellence award Gold category – cement sector to Tikaria
- Srishthi Good Green Governance Awardby Srishthi Publications, Delhi to ACC Madukkarai
- International Safety Award 2008by British Safety Council to ACC Gagal Sindri and Tikaria
- State Safety Award for 2007from Government of Orissa to ACC Bargarh
- Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI) National Environment Award to ACC Wadi Limestone Mines
- Safety Innovation Awardby Institution of Engineers to ACC Wadi (Expansion Project)
- Energy Conservation Awardby Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation to Lakheri
- National Award for Excellence in Water Managementfrom Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to ACC Wadi
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj Quality Award 2010to DAV ACC Gagal School for excellence in education.
- Outstanding Corporate Vision, Triple Impact - Business Performance Social & Environmental Action and Globalisation for 2009-10from Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awardin two categories, Green Leadership and Community Engagement by Enterprise Asia.
- ACC wins EPC World Awards 2010for ‘Outstanding Company in the Cement sector.’
- 2010 IMA CFO Award for Excellencein Cost Management from International Market Assessment India Private Limited (IMA)
- Kymore and Tikaria receive Safety Innovation Award 2010from The Institution of Engineers (India), New Delhi
- ACC Sustainable Development Report 2009 wins Association of Business Communicators of India awardin the category Environment Communication.
- Gold Rating Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) India NC, New Construction Gold Rating to ACC for its headquarters building Cement House by World Green Building Council (WGBC)
- Kerala State Energy Conservation Commendation Certificate 2010 to ACC Madukkarai in the category Research & Innovation
- Rajasthan Energy Conservation Award 2010 to ACC Lakheri by Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Limited
- National award for excellence in Energy Management from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to ACC Lakheri and Wadi
- Pollution Control Excellence Awardfrom State Pollution Control Board, Orissa to ACC Bargarh
- 9th Annual Greentech Safety Platinum Awardto ACC Tikaria, Gold Award to ACC Jamul and Sindri ; Silver Award 2010 to ACC Lakheri, Madukkarai and Wadi Expansion Project
- Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) Good Performance Award by Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality (RBNQ) Awards Certificate of Merit and Performance Excellence Trophy to ACC Gagal and Gagal DAV Sr Sec.Public School
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Best Environmental Practices award to ACC Damodhar
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Energy award to ACC Wadi
- Safety Innovation Award 2011from The Institution of Engineers' (India) to ACC Kymore and Tikaria
- India Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2011Gold Certificates of Merit to ACC Lakheri, Gagal, Wadi and Silver to Jamul by The Economic Times and Frost & Sullivan
- Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) awards for Accelerate (ACC intranet portal), Annual Report, Parivar and Screensavers
- ISO 9001 - 2008 Certification Secretarial & Share processes receive ISO 9001 - 2008 Certification
- ACC wins 4th Global Initiative for Restructuring Environment & Management (GIREM) Awardfor Company of the Year 2011
- Greentech CSR Platinum award 2011in cement sector by Greentech Foundation to ACC Damodhar
- Greentech Environment Award 2011 by Greentech Foundation to Alternative Fuels & Raw Materials; Gold Category in cement sector to ACC Lakheri
- Golden Peacock Award for Eco-Innovation by World Environment Foundation
- National Energy Conservation Award 2012 from Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Government of India to ACC Thondebhavi
- Rajasthan Energy Conservation Award 2012 to ACC Lakheri from Government of Rajasthan
- Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship award in the category Social Empowerment from Enterprise Asia, South Asia
- India Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2012 Platinum to ACC Lakheri, Gold Certificates of Merit to ACC Gagal, Jamul & Wadi (II) and Silver to Chanda and Kudithini by The Economic Times and Frost & Sullivan
- India Talent Management Award 2012 ACC Wins CNBC Asia’s India Talent Management Award 2012
- Greentech Environment Award 2012by Greentech Foundation to ACC Kudithini, Gold Category in Cement Sector
- Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) awards for Annual Report design 2011, Parivar page on Facebook (Silver) and Corporate Calendar for 2012 (Bronze)
- Best Environment Practice in Cement Industry to ACC Sindri by The Institution of Engineers (India) Dhanbad Local Center
- CII National Energy Management Award for Energy Efficient Unit to ACC Lakheri
- Green Manufacturing Excellence Award 2012 by Frost and Sullivan to ACC Gagal, Lakheri, Sindri, Wadi and Thondebhavi
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Certificate of Merit to ACC Gagal
- Performance Excellence Trophy to DAV ACC Gagal Sr Secondary School
- Best in Class Manufacturing Awards 2011-12 Manufacturing Leadership in Cement by Indira College of Engineering & Management, Pune
- Mother TheresaCorporate Citizenship Award 2013 to ACC Madukkarai from Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- Greentech Environment Management award 2013 Gold category to ACC Tikaria from Greentech Foundation
- India Manufacturing Excellence Award 2013Platinum Certificate to ACC Lakheri, Gold Certificate to ACC Chanda and Gagal in Cement sector - Large category
- ACC wins CII-ITC Sustainability Prize highest honour awarded by CII ITC for 2013, as one of India's Most Sustainable Companies.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Environmental Best Practices Award 2013 to ACC Bargarh and Kymore for Innovative Environmental Projects
- National Council for Cement & Building Materials award for best improvement in Thermal & Electrical Energy performance and Best Environmental excellence in Plant Operation to ACC Gagal for 2011-12.
- National Council for Cement & Building Materials award for best improvement in Thermal & Electrical Energy performance and Best Improvement in Energy Performance in manufacture of Blended Cements to ACC Jamul for 2012-13.
- ‘NITIE-CSR Award for ‘Clean & Green Madukkarai’ Solid Waste Management initiative to ACC Madukkarai by National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai.
- Designomics Award to ACC for Digital Innovationusing technology, India’s first and only Design award.
- Parivartan Sustainability Leadership Awards for 2013 organized by Sustainability Outlook India to ACC for demonstrating ‘Most Improved Disclosure’.
- ACC ranked as India's Most Admired Company in the cement sector by Fortune India and Hay Group India
- Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) awards for ACC Parivar, ACC Book and ACC Sustainable Development Report
- Safety Innovation Award 2013from Institution of Engineers (India) to ACC Kudithini and Tikaria
- ACC wins Eco-Corporate Yes Bank-SaevusNatural Capital Award for 2013 from Yes Bank
- CII-ITC Sustainability Award for Excellence in Environment Management to ACC Thondebhavi.
- Public Relations Society of India Award Together for Communities and Green Building Materials Centres as the best project in Sustainable Development
- ACC wins 5th CII National HR Excellence award 2014 Commendation Certificate.
- ACC wins Trusted Brand Award from Reader's Digest
- ACC wins EPC World Awards 2014 for 'Outstanding Company in the Cement sector' in the Construction category.
- India Manufacturing Excellence Award 2014 Platinum category to ACC Lakheri, Gold to ACC Gagal by Frost & Sullivan and Economic Times
- National Energy Conservation Award 2014 Certificate of Merit in Cement Sector to ACC Thondebhavi from Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Govt. of India.
- Safety Award from Directorate of Industrial Safety & Health & National Safety Council Tamilnadu chapter to ACC Madukkarai
- 15th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management by CII to ACC Kudithini - Excellent Energy Efficient Unit and to ACC Jamul, Bargarh, Lakheri and Thondebhavi for Energy Efficient Units.
- National Safety Council India, Safety Award for 2013 to ACC Damodhar
- CSR Impact Award 2014 to ACC Lakheri by Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- National Energy Conservation Award 2013 Certificate of Merit in the Cement Sector from Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Government of India to ACC Thondebhavi
- First Prize in Energy Conservation and Innovation in Energy Conservation to ACC Jamul by New Management Association and National Institute of Technology
- India's Most Admired ACC ranked as India's Most Admired Company in the Cement Sector in the Fortune Hay Group India survey
- Golden Peacock Environment Management Award-2014 to ACC Gagal from Institute of Directors
- CII GreenCo Rating Gold to ACC Kymore and Silver to Kudithini at GreenCo Summit 2014 by Confederation of Indian Industry
- ACC wins Smart Green Initiative Award at Green Cities Forum 2014
- First Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya Award to ACC Gagal for Best CSR Practices in Education, 2014
- Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2014 to ACC Thondebhavi from Institute of Directors, India
- Green Manufacturing Excellence Award 2014 to ACC Chanda, Lakheri, Sindri, Tikaria and Wadi in Challengers category by Frost & Sullivan
- Green Manufacturing Safety Excellence & Believers Award to ACC Lakheri and first runner up to ACC Wadi by Frost & Sullivan. Earth Care Awards instituted by JSW Foundation and The Times of India to ACC Kymore for Excellence in Climate Change Mitigation
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) CSR Corporate Citizen award to ACC Thondebhavi for exemplary innovation in promoting CSR
- Reader's Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award in Cement category
- Manufacturing Supply Chain award to ACC in the Category 'Supply Chain Technology Advancement / Solution Implementation'
- ACC wins Maruti Road Safety Award for 2015 in the category India Road Safety Mission
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) Silver award for Excellence in Financial Reporting for Annual Report 2014
- Rajasthan Energy Conservation Award 2015 to ACC Lakheri
- CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2015 for Corporate Excellence in the category 'Outstanding Accomplishment'
- ACC wins ASSOCHAM ICT Implementation in Transportation Award 2015
- CSR Impact Awards to ACC Madukkarai for Solid Waste Management project in the Environment category and to ACC Gagal for the HIV/AIDS project.
- ACC Damodhar wins CII Safety Health & Environment Excellence Award for 2014-15
- CII 16th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2015 to ACC Chanda, Kymore and Lakheri
- Green Manufacturing Excellence Award by Frost & Sullivan to ACC Sindri
- ACC wins Indian Merchants' Chamber IT Award 2015 for excellence in the use of Information Technology in the Manufacturing sector
- ACC wins CII Supply Chain & Logistics Excellence Awards (SCALE) 2015 in Excellent category
- India Green Manufacturing Challenge 2014 award in Gold category to ACC Chanda by International Research Institute for Manufacturing
- National Safety Council, India Safety Award for 2014 to ACC Sindri
- Association of Business Communicators of India Award to ACC Parivar CSR Newsletter, Together for Communities, Sustainable Development Report 2013 and Holcim Forum brochure
- Greentech Environment Award 2014 by Greentech Foundation to ACC Bargarh and in Gold category to ACC Tikaria
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India Gold Shield to ACC Annual Report 2013 for excellence in financial reporting
- ‘First ICSI CSR Excellence Awards 2016’ instituted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India in the Award Category ‘Best Corporate – Medium’
- CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2016 for Corporate Excellence - Outstanding Accomplishment in category A Large Companies by the CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development
- Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) - Gold award to ACC Community Counts- A Collection of Case Studies, Silver to Together for Communities, ACC's CSR newsletter and Silver to ACC's Sustainable Development Report 2015 at the 56th ABCI Awards
- ‘FIMI - Health & Safety Award 2015-16’ received by ACC’s Wadi Limestone Mine instituted by the Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI)
- ‘FIMI - Sita Ram Rungta Social Awareness Award’ to ACC Jamul Limestone Mine conferred by the Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering’s ‘Lakshya Avartan - On the Job Achiever’s Contest’ Award to ACC Concrete-Sales and Marketing
- CII National Award in the category ‘Energy Efficient Unit’ for Excellence in Energy Management 2016 conferred on ACC Chanda, Kymore Thondebhavi and Wadi Cement Works at the 17th CII National Award
- ‘BT-CSR Excellence Award 2016’ awarded to CII ACC Jamul plant as ‘CSR Company of the Year’ for its CSR initiatives particularly DISHA
- GreenCo Best Practices Award 2016 for the best practices in waste management to ACC Kymore
- ‘4 Star Rating’ by the Ministry of Mines, Government of India awarded to Jamul Limestone Mines
- 13th National award for Excellence in Cost Management conferred by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- ACC awarded for logistics excellence in 'Supply Chain Technology Advancement/Solution Implementation” category at the Manufacturing Supply Chain Awards 2016
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) awarded the Silver Award to ACC for its Annual Report 2015
- NSCI Shreshtha Suraksha Puraskar awarded to ACC Sindri by the National Safety Council
- Clean & Green India 2016 Award for solid waste management initiatives of the company awarded to ACC Madukkarai
- ACC featured in CII's list of ten Sustainable Plus Platinum 2015 companies and rated ‘India's Most Sustainable’
- Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) - Gold award to ACC Logistics Safety Excellence programme, Silver to ACC Parivar (Hindi) and Bronze to Sustainable Development Report 2014 at the 55th ABCI Awards
- State level Safety award for Plant safety performance & State level Best Safe Worker award from Dept. of Factories, Boilers, Industrial Safety & Health, Govt. of Karnataka presented to ACC Kudithini
- ACC Jamul was awarded the Greentech Safety Gold Award by Greentech Foundation on 14th December, 2017 for its safety excellence for year 2015-16 among the large and medium scale cement manufacturing Units.
- ACC received dual recognition for ‘Best Practice in Supply Chain Safety’ and ‘Innovative Supply Chain Management - Warehouse Mechanization' at the 3rd Logistics and Supply Chain Awards 2017.
- ACC was awarded the Silver Prize for the Sustainable Development Report 2016 in the environmental communication category and the Bronze Prize for ACC Community Counts 2016 in the Social Responsibility Communication category.
- ACC Sindri Cement Works won the Industry Champions for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Awards, the first Jharkhand Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
- ACC won the 'Industry Excellence in Supply Chain - Manufacturing' and 'Warehouse Innovation/ Initiative of the Year' at the 11th Express Logistics and Supply Chain Leadership Awards 2017.
- ACC’s VidyaSaarathi awarded 1st runner-up prize at the 4th National Human Resources Development Network - Birla Institute of Management Technology (NHRDN-BIMTECH) Corporate Social Responsibility Summit.
- ACC Jamul has bagged the 18th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2017 conferred by the Confederation of Indian Industries.
- ACC’s Wadi Limestone Mine Works was conferred the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Social Awareness Award 2016-17 by the Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI).
- ACC was conferred '2 Good' rating by media house The Economic Times and global consultancy KPMG for its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) performance, integrated processes and CSR expenditure over and above the 2-4% of the net profits for the year 2015-16.
- ACC Chanda wins Golden Peacock Environment Management Award at Hyderabad during the Institute of Directors (IOD) 19th World Congress on Environmental Management.
- ACC is conferred with ‘Demand Planning and Forecasting Award 2017’, category 'Best Use of Analytics in Demand planning and Forecasting' - Manufacturing Sector - organised by the Institute of Supply Chain Management.
- ACC wins ISC-FICCI first-ever Sanitation award for ‘Best Corporate Initiative in Sanitation’ conferred by India Sanitation Coalition (ISC) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry for ACC's dedicated efforts to meet the country's Sanitation objectives.
- ACC was adjudged Second Runner-Up in the Manufacturing Sector for the Best Presented Annual Annual Report Award 2015 by South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA).
- 'Silver Award' for excellence in financial reporting for its Annual Report 2015 from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- '5 Star Rating' by the Ministry of Mines, Government of India awarded to Kymore limestone mines.
- ACC won a Plaque for Commended Annual Report in Category VII - Manufacturing and Trading Sector (Turnover equal to Rs. 3000 crore or more) for its Annual Report 2017 at the Institution of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- ACC was awarded the title of the ‘Third Fastest Growing Company - Large Category 2017-18’ (Cement Category) at the Third Indian Cement Review Awards, held at the 10th Cement EXPO.
- ACC was felicitated with three awards at the 58th ABCI (Association of Business Communicators of India) Annual Awards with the Silver Award in Environmental Communication and Bronze Awards in External Magazines and in Social Responsibility Communication categories.
- ACC was conferred with the prestigious ‘Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility’ at the 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) held in Bengaluru.
- ACC Thondebhavi received the prestigious Greentech Safety Award 2018 in the ‘Gold Category,’ in the Cement sector for ‘Outstanding Achievements in Safety Management,’ at the 17th Annual Greentech Safety Award.
- ACC Limited won the prestigious Indywood CSR Excellence Award 2018 in the category of Best CSR practices in Promoting Biodiversity.
- ACC achieved the highest recognition of 'Outstanding Accomplishment', under Corporate Excellence category at the CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2018.
- ACC was adjudged winner of ‘Innovation in OSH-Safety implementation–Proactive’ for its implementation of In-Cab camera in truck - a tool used to identify behavioural aspects of truck drivers in response to highly dynamic traffic conditions at the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) India Awards 2018.
- ACC Lakheri won the award for ‘OSH Innovation Award-Employee Awareness-Proactive’ for the implementation of Proactive analysis of GPS data and counselling through Driver Management Centres, which resulted in a lower incidence of road accidents and an increase in the percentage of safe kilometres at the Occu
- ACC Chaibasa won the award for ‘OSH Innovation Award-Employee Awareness-Reactive’ for the implementation of In-Cab assessment for drivers and counselling on critical driving behaviours during an assessment on harsh acceleration, harsh brakes, over speeding and harsh manoeuvres.
- ACC Wadi won the First Prize in Alternate Fuels and Raw Materials Excellence and Second Prize in Environment Excellence at the Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI), Hyderabad Chapter awards, in collaboration with Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA), National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) and Cement Sustainability Initiative.
- ACC Thondebhavi won the First Prize in Energy Excellence in Grinding Unit category at the Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI), Hyderabad Chapter awards, in collaboration with Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA), National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) and Cement Sustainability Initiative.
- ACC Jamul won the First Prize in Energy Excellence in Integrated Unit category at the Quality Circle Forum of India (QCFI), Hyderabad Chapter awards, in collaboration with Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA), National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) and Cement Sustainability Initiative.
- The Government of Odisha awarded ACC the ‘Most Innovative CSR Project’ for Vidya Utkarsh, at the Make in Odisha Conclave 2018 in Bhubaneswar, in recognition towards creating a social, environmental and economic value for its host communities in Odisha. The award was presented by Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha.
- ACC won the Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance for the year 2018 at India's 18th Annual London Global Convention on Corporate Governance & Sustainability and Global Business Meet in London.
- ACC Jamul was awarded 1st Runner-Up in Large Scale Category at the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Energy Conservation (encon) Awards 2018.
- ACC Kymore, Jamul and Wadi were recognised 'Excellent Energy Efficient Unit' by the Confederation of India Industry (CII) at the 19th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2018.
- ACC Thondebhavi was recognised Energy Efficient Unit by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at the 19th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2018.
- ACC Lakheri was awarded the CSR Health Impact Award - Bronze, for the Women and Child Health Initiative category.
- ACC was conferred with the prestigious 'Yes Bank Natural Capital Award-2018' in the ‘Eco-Corporate category under Manufacturing Sector’ for its sustainability initiatives.
- ACC Jamul Cement Works won the 'Rio Tinto Health & Safety Award - for Opencast Mines' (2017-2018) for their exemplary performance in implementation of safety management systems and safe work culture.
- ACC won the GreenPro certification for ACC Suraksha Power, ACC Concrete plus Xtra Strong, ACC HPC Long Life, ACC Gold Water Shield and ACC F2R Superfast awarded by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) at the 14th Green Cementech conference held at Hyderabad on 17th May, 2018.
- ACC Gagal won the Leaders Awards-Large Business, Process Sector at the Sustainability 4.0 2018 for continual improvement in the field of Sustainable Development by Frost & Sullivan and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
- ACC was conferred with the prestigious ‘Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility’ for the year 2017 at the 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) held in Bengaluru.
- 5 Star rating by the Ministry of Mines for Sustainable Development to Govari Limestone Mines in Chanda, Mehgaon and Bamangawan Mines in Kymore and Jamul Limestone Mines.
- At the Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week (MEMCW) celebrated in Dehradun, ACC Gagal won the First Prize in Overall Performance, Mineral Conservation, Scientific Development of Mines, Sustainable Development and Afforestation and the Second prize in Air and Water Monitoring.
- ACC achieved the highest recognition of ‘Outstanding Accomplishment’, under Corporate Excellence category at CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2019. This Award recognizes comprehensive efforts made by ACC at excelling at sustainable business, in the way it integrates sustainability into governance, strategy, business processes and demonstrates through results that it is making a sustainable impact on business and stakeholders.
- CII-ITC conferred ACC Chanda with the 'Commendation for Significant Achievement in Environment Management' award for its innovative approaches, policies and practices in reducing environmental impact and achieving exemplary results.
- ACC was awarded with a 'Certificate of Recognition' for Corporate Governance by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) at the 18th ICSI National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
- ACC won an award for CSR Excellence in disease prevention and treatment at the Rotary Karnataka CSR Awards 2019 for its efforts in providing awareness and treatment of HIV/AIDS through its Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) and Integrated Counselling and Testing Centre (ICTC) at ACC Wadi.
- ACC was named runner-up in the Torch Bearers of Safety Award category at the Mahindra Transport Excellence Awards 2018.
- ACC Bargarh’s sustainability efforts were recognised at the 15th Green Cementech Awards 2019 with the Gold Category Award by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) - Sohrabji Godrej Green Building Centre and Cement Manufacturers’ Association.
- ACC RMX Poonamallee was awarded the Sarvashreshtha Suraksha Puraskar Golden trophy under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector by the National Safety Council of India (NSCI). The award was conferred upon the RMX unit in Chennai for the assessment period 2016-17.
- ACC Gagal won the first prize for ‘Excellence in Promotion of Environment Conservation and Sustainable Development’ at the Himachal Pradesh Environment Leadership Award in the Large Scale Industry sector.
- ACC was declared the winner in the Large Enterprises category at the first FICCI Indian Circular Economy Awards 2019.
- ACC Drona, an initiative by ACC Trust, was adjudged the second-runner up under the Sports category at the Third Edition of the CSR Journal Excellence Awards.
- ACC received the 2 Good rating at the Economic Times 2Good4Good CSR ratings scheme for 2019.
- ACC Jamul and ACC Bargarh were awarded in the ‘Energy Efficient Unit’ category by CII (Confederation of Indian Indsutries) at the 20th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2019.
- ACC Trust was named the recipient of the Gold CSR Excellence for the Best Edcuation/Scholarship Programme in the 8th edition of ACEF Asian Leaders Forum and Awards for efforts undertaken in its ‘ACC Gyan Setu’ programme to promote quality education.
- ACC was named the Most Preferred Brand in Cement at the National Real Estate Leadership Congress and Awards.
- ACC was named the winner of the Climate Action Programme (CAP) 2.0 Resilient Award in the Energy, Mining & Heavy Manufacturing Sector by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
- ACC was declared winner in the GHG Mitigation in Large Enterprises category by the JSW Foundation and The Times of India at the 9th Earth Care Awards.
- ACC Concrete has been conferred a GreenPro certification by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) at the Green Building Conference 2019.
- ACC’s Annual Report for the year 2018 was named the first runner-up (second place) in the manufacturing sector in the best-presented annual report category at the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) Best Published Accounts Awards.
- ACC has achieved the highest recognition of ‘Outstanding Accomplishment’, under Corporate Excellence category at CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2019. The Award recognizes the way ACC integrates sustainability into governance, strategy, business processes and demonstrates through results the sustainable impact it is making on business and stakeholders.
From its extraordinary beginning out of a historic merger of ten cement companies in 1936, the journey of ACC Limited has been eventful. Every decade has seen the company take pioneering steps not just in cement and concrete but also in the areas of corporate governance, sustainable development and social volunteering.
- 1936- Incorporation of The Associated Cement Companies Limited on August 1, 1936. First Board Meeting of The Associated Cement Companies Limited held at Esplanade House, Mumbai on November 10, 1936.
- 1937- With the transfer of the 10th company to ACC, viz. Dewarkhand Cement Company, the formation of ACC is complete on October 23, 1937.
- 1939- Work begins on constructing a new building for the company's head office based on a design of Ballardie Thompson & Mathews adjudged winner in an all India contest. When completed, the building - Cement House - is requisitioned by the Royal Air Force for wartime use and vacated only in 1946.
- 1944- ACC’s first community development venture near Bombay.
- 1947- India’s first entirely indigenous cement plant established at Chaibasa in Bihar.
- 1952- Village Welfare Scheme launched.
- 1955- Sindri cement works used the waste product calcium carbonate sludge from fertilizer factory at Sindri.
- 1956- Bulk Cement Depot established at Okhla, Delhi.
- 1957- Technical training institute established at Kymore, Madhya Pradesh.
- 1957- Katni Refractories business launched.
- 1961- Blast furnace slag from TISCO used at the Chaibasa Unit to manufacture Portland Slag Cement for the first time in India.
- 1961- Manufacture of Accocid Cement, which resists the corrosive action of acids and chemicals.
- 1961- Oilwell Cement manufactured at ACC Shahabad Cement Works in Karnataka for cementation of oilwells upto a depth of 6,000 feet.
- 1961- Manufacture of Hydrophobic (waterproof) cement at ACC Khalari Cement Works in Bihar.
- 1962- Manufacture of Accoproof, a waterproofing additive.
- 1965- ACC’s Central Research Station (CRS) established at Thane
- 1965- Manufacture of Portland Pozzolana Cement.
- 1965- Manufacture of Calundum, a High Alumina Binder; Firecrete, Low Density Alumina Castables and High Alumina Refractory Cement.
- 1968- Advent of computers in ACC for data processing and designing management information and control systems.
- 1968- ACC supplied and commissioned one-million-tonne iron ore pelletising plant ordered by TISCO.
- 1971- Manufacture of Whytheat Castables A, K, C and Cal-Al-75
- 1973- Take-over of The Cement Marketing Company of India (CMI).
- 1977- ACC receives ASSOCHAM first national award for the year 1976 instituted for outstanding performance in promoting rural and agricultural development activities.
- 1978- Introduction of the energy efficient precalcinator technology for the first time in India. Full scale commercial production based on MFC technology at Wadi in 1979.
- 1979- ACC wins international contract for operation and management of a new one million tonne cement plant at Yanbu-Ras Biridi in Saudi Arabia.
- 1982- Commissioning of the first 1 MTPA plant in the country at Wadi, Karnataka.
- 1984- ACC achieves a breakthrough in import substitution by developing and supplying a special G type of oil well cement to ONGC.
- 1987- ACC develops a new binder for use at sub-zero temperatures, which is successfully used in the Indian expedition to Antarctica.
- 1992- Incorporation of Bulk Cement Corporation of India, a joint venture with the Government of India.
- 1993- ACC starts the commercial manufacture of Ready Mixed Concrete at Mumbai.
- 1995- ACC selected as Most Respected Company in India by Business India.
- 1996- Damodhar Cement & Slag Ltd, Purulia, West Bengal becomes a subsidiary of ACC
- 1998- Commissioning of the 0.6 MTPA cement grinding unit at Tikaria, Uttar Pradesh.
- 1999- Commissioning of captive power plants at the Jamul and Kymore plants in Madhya Pradesh.
- 1999- Tata group sells 7.2% of its stake in ACC to Ambuja Cement Holdings Ltd, a subsidiary of Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd. (GACL).
- 2000- Tata Group sells their remaining stake in ACC to the GACL group, who with 14.45% now emerge as the single largest shareholder of ACC.
- 2001- Commissioning of the new plant of 2.6 MTPA capacity at Wadi, Karnataka plant, the largest in the country, and among the largest sized kilns in the world.
- 2002- ACC wins PHDCCI Good Corporate Citizen Award
- 2003- IDCOL Cement Ltd becomes a subsidiary of ACC
- 2004- IDCOL Cement Limited is renamed as Bargarh Cement Limited (BCL).
- 2004- ACC raises $100 million abroad through Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCB’s) for US$ 60 million and Global Depository Shares (GDS’s) for $40 million. Both offerings are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- 2004- ACC named as a Consumer Superbrand by the Superbrands Council of India, becoming the only cement company to get this status.
- 2004- GreenTech Safety Gold and Silver Awards awarded to Madukkarai Cement Works and Katni Refractory Works by Greentech Foundation for outstanding performance in Safety Management System.
- 2005- ACC receives the CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Uchit Vyavahar Puraskar Certificate of Merit – 2004 from Council For Fair Business Practices.
- 2005- Holcim group of Switzerland enters strategic alliance with Ambuja Group by acquiring a majority stake in Ambuja Cements India Ltd. (ACIL) which at the time held 13.8 % of the total equity shares in ACC. Holcim simultaneously makes an open offer to ACC shareholders, through Holdcem Cement Pvt. Limited and ACIL, to acquire a majority shareholding in ACC. Pursuant to the open offer, ACIL’s shareholding in ACC increases to 34.69 % of the Equity share capital of ACC.
- 2005- Commissioning of Modernisation and Expansion project at Chaibasa in Jharkhand, replacing old wet process technology with a new 1.2 MTPA clinkering unit, together with a captive power plant of 15 MW.
- 2005- Financial accounting year of the company changed to calendar year January-December.
- 2006- Subsidiary companies Damodhar Cement & Slag Limited, Bargarh Cement Limited and Tarmac (India) Limited merged with ACC
- 2006- ACC announces new Workplace policy for HIV/AIDS
- 2006- Change of name to ACC Limited with effect from September 1, 2006 from The Associated Cement Companies Limited.
- 2006- ACC receives Good Corporate Citizen Award 2005-06 from Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 2006- New corporate brand identity and logo adopted from October 15, 2006
- 2006- ACC establishes Anti Retroviral Treatment Centre for HIV/AIDS patients at Wadi in Karnataka- the first ever such project by a private sector company in India.
- 2007- ACC partners with Christian Medical College for treatment of HIV/AIDS in Tamil Nadu
- 2007- Sumant Moolgaokar Technical Institute completes 50 years and reopens with new curriculum.
- 2008- Ready mixed concrete business hived off to a new subsidiary called ACC Concrete Limited.
- 2008- ACC Cement Technology Institute formally inaugurated at Jamul on July 7.
- 2008- First Sustainable Development Report released on June 5.
- 2008- ACC wins CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Award in the category India Corporate Citizen of the year 2008.
- 2008- Project Orchid launched to transform Corporate Office, Cement House into a green building.
- 2009- ACC received the Jamanalal Bajaj ‘Uchit Vyavahar Puraskar’ of Council for Fair Business Practices.
- 2009- ACC is allotted coal blocks in Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal.
- 2009- ACC's new Grinding plant of capacity 1.60 million tonnes inaugurated at Thondebhavi in Karnataka.
- 2009- Cement House transformed into Green building with Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification from Indian Green Building Council. First project in the country in category major renovation of existing building.
- 2010- Kudithini Cement Grinding Plant inaugurated in Karnataka on January 4, 2010 with a capacity of 1.1 MTPA of Portland Slag Cement.
- 2010- ACC acquires 100 percent of the financial equity of Encore Cements & Additives Private Limited which is a slag grinding plant in Vishakhapatnam in coastal Andhra Pradesh. This company became a wholly-owned subsidiary of ACC in January 2010.
- 2010- ACC enters its platinum jubilee year - the first company in the cement industry to achieve this status.
- 2010- ACC receives FICCI Award for Outstanding Corporate Vision Triple Impact Business Performance Social & Environmental Action & Globalisation for 2009-10 - a unique award received for the first time.
- 2010- New clinkering line of capacity 7000 tonnes per day commissioned at Chanda in Maharashtra in November 2010. Fully integrated plant of 3.8 million tonnes per annum of cement inaugurated in January 2012.
- 2011- World's largest kiln installed at ACC Cement Plant, Wadi, Karnataka with a capacity of 12,500 tonnes per day creating new landmarks for cement industry.
- 2011- Central Control Room Building at ACC Chanda Plant, Maharashtra set up as a Green building, the first of its kind in an industrial environment.
- 2011- ACC Secretarial & Share processes received ISO 9001 - 2008 Certification.
- 2012- ACC launches M-100 grade concrete especially designed for the construction of high intensity towers.
- 2012- Amalgamation of two subsidiary companies ACC Concrete and Encore Cement & Additives with ACC Limited.
- 2012- First cement company in India to induct use of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) and Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking to accelerate turnaround time of trucks.
- 2013- La Residency at Thane, a 45 year old apartment block retrofitted as a modern hostel, received LEED Platinum certification.
- 2013- ACC sets up Green Building Material Centres in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan as one stop shops to promote low-cost locally made green construction materials and expertise to rural and semi-urban India.
- 2013- ACC wins CII-ITC Sustainability Prize, the highest honour awarded by CII ITC for 2013, as one of India's Most Sustainable Companies.
- 2013- ACC ranked as India's Most Admired Company in the cement sector by Fortune India and Hay Group India.
- 2014- ACC launches its first Waste Heat Recovery System (WHRS) at Gagal in January 2014, marking an important step in energy conservation. The WHRS harnesses waste heat from exhaust gases discharged in manufacturing and converts it into useful electrical energy.
- 2014- ACC sets up a plant in Bardhaman, West Bengal to manufacture EcoBricks which are eco-friendly and technically superior fly ash based bricks to meet the emerging needs of the construction industry in a sustainable way.
- 2015- ACC’s scrip is felicitated by National Stock Exchange of India for being part of the original Nifty 50 Index since the index was launched twenty-five years ago.
- 2015- ACC’s CSR effort is ranked 12th among the top 100 companies and the first in the Cement Sector companies therein as per a CSR ranking initiative by Economic Times and Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur.
- 2015- ACC received the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2015 for “Outstanding Accomplishment” in recognition of its continuous effort and commitment to the cause of Sustainable Development.
- 2015- ACC sets up two waste pre-processing plants at Wadi and Kymore to enhance its usage of industrial wastes.
- 2016- Awarded ACC Sustainable Plus Platinum label of CII-ITC Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Development.
- 2016- ACC receives Silver award for Excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2014 from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- 2016- ACC rated as Sustainable Plus Platinum 2015 and named among India’s Most Sustainable by CII-ITC Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Development.
- 2017- ACC's CSR ranked 8th in India among the top 100 companies in 2016, according to a CSR ranking initiative by the Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur.
- 2017- ACC receives the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2016 for 'Outstanding Accomplishment' in recognition of its continuous commitment to the cause of Sustainable Development.
- 2017- ACC bags the 'Silver Award' for excellence in financial reporting for its Annual Report 2015 from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- 2018- ACC became the first Indian cement company to publish an Environmental Product Declaration for all its blended cement products across all of its 17 cement plants.
- 2018- ACC became India's first cement company to be awarded the 'GreenPro' certification for all its blended cement products by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- 2018- ACC inked its 100th Green Building Centre partnership in Salem, Tamil Nadu on 26th September, 2018.
- 2018- ACC forayed into the waterproofing technology with the launch of ACC Leak Block Waterproof Plaster.
- 2018- ACC's CSR project Clean & Green Madukkarai found a place in the Guinness Book of World Records as 'the largest recycling lesson in the world'.
- 2019- ACC Jamul unveiled a 5.35 MW solar photovoltaic plant to generate solar energy that will power operations at the plant.
- 2019- ACC set a world record for pumping concrete over a distance of nearly 2.5 kilometers.
- 2019- ACC named the 'Most Preferred Brand' in the cement category at the National Real Estate Leadership Congress and Awards 2019.
- 2019- ACC's 2018 annual report was awarded by the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) for its reliability and transparent accounting practices.
|Parent Organization||ACC Ltd.||Managing Director||Sridhar Balakrishnan|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|