About the Company
Aditya Birla Capital (ABCL) is originally incorporated in October 2007 under the Companies Act 1956. It received the certificate of registration from the Reserve Bank of India in May 2009 to commence the business as non-deposit taking NBFC. In December 2014, the company was converted from a private limited company to a public limited company, and was renamed as ‘Aditya Birla Financial Services Limited’. During past one decade since its incorporation, the company has come a long way to become one of the largest financial services players in India. Year 2017 marks a milestone, with the company becoming a pure play listed holding company of all the financial services businesses of the Aditya Birla Group. To mark this new phase in its journey, and in line with its new unified brand identity, the company was rechristened as ‘Aditya Birla Capital Limited’ in June 2017.
The company is the holding company of all the financial services businesses of the Aditya Birla Group. The company is among the top five private diversified NBFCs in India. It is also one of the largest private life insurance companies, asset management companies and general insurance brokers in the country. The company has undertaken various internal and external sustainability efforts to be a sustainability leader in its sector. It is a universal financial solutions group catering to diverse needs of its customers across their life stages.
Business area of the company
The company has a strong presence across a wide range of Protecting, Investing and Financing Solutions, which include Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Motor Insurance, Corporate General Insurance, Mutual Funds, Wealth Management, Stocks and Securities Broking, Portfolio Management Services, Real Estate Investments, Pension Funds, Home Finance, Personal Finance, SME Finance, Real Estate Finance, Loan Against Securities, Corporate Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Loan Syndication and Asset Reconstruction.
- Wealth management
- Awarded the prestigious IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award in 2017.
- Won the ‘Global Performance Excellence Award - 2017’ in the Services Category by Asia Pacific Quality Organisation (APQO).
- The company was among 40 organisations from across 8 countries to win the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award in 2017.
- Won the prestigious ‘BM Munjal Award for Learning and Development in the Services business’.
- Won at the India CSR Awards for CSR Innovation and Leadership 2017 for project SAKSHAM.
- Won the BT-CSR Excellence Award for CSR at the Bureaucracy Today-CSR Excellence Awards 2017.
- Honoured by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the ‘Active Customer Engagement’ Award, as part of the ‘CII Awards for Customer Obsession -2016’, in the ‘Large Business Organisations - Services Sector’ category.
- Awarded the Dataquest Vertical Warrior Award in the BFSI sector for innovative use of digital technology by CyberMedia.
- Won at the Annual CIO 100 Awards for using IT in innovative ways to deliver business value, whether by creating competitive advantage, optimising business processes, enabling growth or improving relationships with customers.
- Won the FICCI CSR award for project ‘Saksham’ which is based on a holistic inclusive model for differently abled children and youngsters.
- Secured 12th rank at the coveted Association for Talent Development (ATD) ‘2019 BEST Award’ for excellence in Learning & Talent Development Practices.
- Award for productivity at the ‘new code of work’ awards organized by Peoplestrong and Wheebox.
- Project teams from NBFC, housing and health insurance won six gold awards at the international convention on quality circle in September 2019.
- Marketing team won Gold for Best Social Media Brand in India in Financial Services at the esteemed Sammies 2019.
|Aditya Birla Capital Ltd.